Reach Adventure 4: Last Flight of the Amuar - on Drivethru

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
msprange
Site Admin

Reach Adventure 4: Last Flight of the Amuar - on Drivethru

Postby msprange » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:35 pm

The latest Traveller adventure is now available on Drivethru - written by fan favourite M J Dougherty, Last Flight of the Amuar is a new take on a classic adventure.

You can grab your own copy here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/208 ... te_id=7242

In Reach Adventure 4: Last Flight of the Amuar, a Leviathan-class merchant cruiser was engaged in an exploratory trade cruise into the so-called Outrim Void, a region of sparse star systems just over the border from Imperial space. Long-range merchant cruisers were built for regions like this, and have been successful. However, there have been losses too. Among them was the Amuar, which ‘went Outrim’ as the saying goes. She is long overdue, presumed lost, and has not been located by a search of the trans-border worlds.

The Travellers are engaged by a relative of one of Amuar’s crew, who has an idea of where she might have been headed. What was the fate of the Amuar and her crew, and can either be recovered?

This adventure takes place in Egryn and Pax Rulin subsectors of the Trojan Reach sector, and would make an excellent introduction to this region’s many adventuring possibilities. Almost any group of Travellers will be suitable for this adventure, though they will need to be able to operate their starship or have suitable crew available to do it for them.

Reach Adventure 4: Last Flight of the Amuar contains background information on the Senlis Foederate and Belgardian Sojurnate, both pocket empires within the Trojan Reach, along with a detailed view of Leviathan-class merchant cruisers, and the Lancer-class corvette.

Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: Reach Adventure 4: Last Flight of the Amuar - on Drivethru

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:43 pm

A Leviathan-based adventure? I need this!

Mongoose was my first (and only) traveller, and thus my first proper look at the Leviathan class was in the new High Guard. It was love at first sight! Well... second... she does look a bit 40k ork-ish, and when I first saw the specs I thought it seemed quite weird.

After reading the info blurb and looking more closely at the specs and plans I soon understood what kind of ship this is... and then I fell in love :)

A self-sufficient explorer/speculative trader, reminding me of adventurers of old and east-India company, or in other words a perfect adventure ship!
colonelclick
Shrew

Postby colonelclick » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Do you plan to offer pre-orders for the adventure modules, namely Calixcuel and Amuar?

Thanks.
Last edited by colonelclick on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mancerbear
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby mancerbear » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:54 pm

Just grabbed a copy. Looks good.
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:45 am

colonelclick wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:19 pm
Do plan to offer pre-orders for the adventure modules, namely Calixcuel and Amuar?

Thanks.
Sounds like a good idea, I'll get Incident set up for pre-order this coming week!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
legozhodani
Banded Mongoose

Postby legozhodani » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Def' need a hard copy of Calix book.
paltrysum
Mongoose

Postby paltrysum » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Great work on this one guys. I read it cover to cover the day it came out and can't wait to run it.
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
Jak Nazryth
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Jak Nazryth » Mon May 15, 2017 7:32 pm

I have already inserted this adventure as a major plot hook for my players and it is on their list of things to do, but I was having an embarrassing bit of trouble...
How exactly do you pronounce "Amuar"?

Is it 3 syllables... "Ah-moo-are" /"Aaa-moo-are"
or is it 2 syllables "Ah-mur" / "Ah-mar" / "Aaa-mar" ?

Or is it pronounced like Amaur? "Am-are"

Or is it "French" like "Am-wha" or something similar?

Between the 6 of us around the table, nobody could come to a consensus.

What does the author say?
The Dark Avenger
Mongoose

Postby The Dark Avenger » Sun May 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Ah-moo-ar.
My MJD account is inaccessible to me because, basically, I suck at Internetz. But yes, it's me.
ochd
Stoat

Postby ochd » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Started this adventure last session and one of the players spotted the joke in the name of the far trader.

Did the author have a space hopper as a kid? :lol:

Dan.
The Dark Avenger
Mongoose

Postby The Dark Avenger » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 am

The author did not have a space hopper, and thus would have led a severely deprived childhood if a friend had not possessed two for some reason.

These were mostly used for a game in which two space hopper armed combatants would stand on the (low) garden wall and try to knock one another off by swinging said space hopper by the horns. Mutual bounceoff was a common occurrence.
My MJD account is inaccessible to me because, basically, I suck at Internetz. But yes, it's me.