Eight Years Of Mongoose Traveller

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Eight Years Of Mongoose Traveller

Postby alex_greene » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:31 pm

I came onto this forum eight years and two days ago. Hard to imagine, because it feels like forever.

For 2017, I currently have one Traveller item on my wishlist - the publication of the book I submitted to Matthew a short time ago, not long after finishing Castrobancla, and before I took up the pen to write for Dale McCoy on book 3 of his Prelude To War adventure path.

As well as sales of Castrobancla taking off like a rocket, and my seeing Book 3 of Prelude To War on DriveThruRPG, naturally. I think you're going to like what I do with Juliet Klein in that book. ;)

I hear that Fifth Frontier War is coming up this year, and they're going to be releasing a lot of stuff on the Zhodani in 2017 - so the FFW module, when it comes out, is high on my wishlist just for that. I'll send Rob Eaglestone my collected notes on Zdetl to see if he can incorporate them and make use of the thing when Matthew comes to ask him for a Zdetl vocabulary for any 2e Zhodani Alien Module they may release next year, or whenever they get around to it.

So I'm set for the next few years of Traveller, as they gear up to mark the game's 40th anniversary next July. I can't say that I'll be attending any conventions at that time - but on the anniversary itself, I plan on either playing, or writing, something to do with Traveller.

What's on your Traveller wishlists for 2017?
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: Eight Years Of Mongoose Traveller

Postby Reynard » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:38 pm

More books for the major races would be nice.
legozhodani
Banded Mongoose

Postby legozhodani » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Get some whole adventures finished. And cross fingers for a step forward towards some Hiver stuff. Interested to see what Mongoose put out during hte coming year.
JRoss
Banded Mongoose

Postby JRoss » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:48 pm

I'd rather see Droyne, Hiver and K'Kree come out before 2E Aslan, Vargr, etc. simply because we already have those in 4E, and it's not too difficult to convert. Those three books are the better part of a decade in coming.
Freelance S&P Traveller contributor
Squirrel - Your Best Friend
Fox - Beware of Lies

Do you really want to spend your entire lives praying for longevity? We were born in order to die!
Thunderegg Productions
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby alex_greene » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:04 pm

JRoss wrote:I'd rather see Droyne, Hiver and K'Kree come out before 2E Aslan, Vargr, etc. simply because we already have those in 4E, and it's not too difficult to convert. Those three books are the better part of a decade in coming.
If nobody's writing them, they'll never come out. Mongoose need someone to stand up and actually write this stuff - the current writer is already busy putting out a ton of small articles and probably can't spend three months researching the Droyne, Hivers and K'Kree.

And I wouldn't touch those other books for any amount of money, because I'm really not a huge fan of Hivers or K'Kree. My writing could never do them justice.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]