The Traveller Release Schedule

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
AndrewW
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: The Traveller Release Schedule

Postby AndrewW » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:46 am

The Dark Avenger wrote:Also ships, star systems, psionics and whatnot.
Hey, wait a minute I thought ships where my department...
legozhodani
Banded Mongoose

Postby legozhodani » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Sounds very interesting indeed!

Now now kids no fighting,plenty of ships to go round. :P

Hope the tooth pulling goes ok. My last NHS tooth wrenching went like a dream, not exactly fun, but stress free.
arcador
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby arcador » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 pm

The companion will most likely be instant-get for me.

But it should be done when it is.

Perhaps I will skip Drinax, but will get on the train with the other 3-fractions campaign.
bluekieran
Mongoose

Postby bluekieran » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Shame not to see the follow-up adventures to High and Dry on the schedule. I might just transplant the whole thing to the Reach so I can put my players through a few more premade adventures before trying my hand at making my own!
bklokis
Stoat

Postby bklokis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:40 pm

bluekieran wrote:Shame not to see the follow-up adventures to High and Dry on the schedule. I might just transplant the whole thing to the Reach so I can put my players through a few more premade adventures before trying my hand at making my own!
I second this. My PCs are wrapping up a modified version of the Beltstrike Adventure, which was introduced after the High n'Dry adventure as a way to hold them over until more Spinward adventures were released...or the briefly mentioned Metal Worlds reissue. However, I'll take the Drinax reissue instead...now I just need to give my PCs a reason to travel 51 parsecs.
"Every RPG character worth his salt has daddy issues" - Ambrosius Quayle
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 pm

bluekieran wrote:Shame not to see the follow-up adventures to High and Dry on the schedule. I might just transplant the whole thing to the Reach so I can put my players through a few more premade adventures before trying my hand at making my own!
More for the Marches are planned, but we are quite focussed on the Reach at the moment, due in no small part to the new Pirates of Drinax!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
bklokis
Stoat

Postby bklokis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Any chance the future printed texts will be on the nice paper the new adventures are printed on, or will they be the newsprint feel of the CRB and CSC? I haven't picked up the new High Guard yet, so I'm not sure if that is the same as the other core books.

But I would say, if quality need be sacrificed, the core books should have the nice paper rather than the adventures. If it's a cost issue, I would also be willing to pay a little more for better paper quality in the core books.
bluekieran
Mongoose

Postby bluekieran » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:26 am

bklokis wrote:Any chance the future printed texts will be on the nice paper the new adventures are printed on, or will they be the newsprint feel of the CRB and CSC? I haven't picked up the new High Guard yet, so I'm not sure if that is the same as the other core books.
High Guard is the same, but I wouldn't call it anything like newsprint; it may not be quite as thick as the adventures but they all look good to me!
bklokis
Stoat

Postby bklokis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:19 pm

bluekieran wrote:
bklokis wrote:Any chance the future printed texts will be on the nice paper the new adventures are printed on, or will they be the newsprint feel of the CRB and CSC? I haven't picked up the new High Guard yet, so I'm not sure if that is the same as the other core books.
High Guard is the same, but I wouldn't call it anything like newsprint; it may not be quite as thick as the adventures but they all look good to me!

The raw paper is less durable, more prone to ripping, and soaks up oil from hands more readily, and the graphics just don't pop as well as on the thicker matte finish paper...I think the books look great, but dark colors and detail get lost in the raw texture of the paper. If you think the corebooks look great, you should check out the printed adventures, they look even better!
EldritchFire
Banded Mongoose

Postby EldritchFire » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:14 pm

With the release of Netflix's Voltron: Defender of the Universe season 2 today, I hope the Vehicle Handbook contains rules for combining mecha!

It is hinted at in the CRB.
Last edited by EldritchFire on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently working on a Star Wars conversion for Traveller 2e! Details here.
EldritchFire
Banded Mongoose

Postby EldritchFire » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Now that it's February, do we have a better idea of when the Vehicle Handbook will be out?

My birthday is in 15 days…just sayin'. :p
Currently working on a Star Wars conversion for Traveller 2e! Details here.
AndrewW
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby AndrewW » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:03 pm

EldritchFire wrote:With the release of Netflix's Voltron: Defender of the Universe[/'i]' season 2 today, I hope the Vehicle Handbook contains rules for combining mecha!

Well, creating them anyways.