High Guard Spreadsheet

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
mancerbear
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

High Guard Spreadsheet

Postby mancerbear » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:32 pm

I was wondering if anyone has put together a Spreadsheet to aid in creating starships in the new High Guard yet?
allanimal
Banded Mongoose

Re: High Guard Spreadsheet

Postby allanimal » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:31 am

mancerbear wrote:I was wondering if anyone has put together a Spreadsheet to aid in creating starships in the new High Guard yet?
I have. I'm still updating it for the final rules (lots of numbers changed here and there... Takes a while to check) and doesn't (yet?) cover some things (breakaway hulls, firmpoints, space stations, probably others)...
DickNervous
Stoat

Postby DickNervous » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:18 am

allanimal wrote:
mancerbear wrote:I was wondering if anyone has put together a Spreadsheet to aid in creating starships in the new High Guard yet?
I have. I'm still updating it for the final rules (lots of numbers changed here and there... Takes a while to check) and doesn't (yet?) cover some things (breakaway hulls, firmpoints, space stations, probably others)...
Good to know I'm not the only nutjob trying to do this. :)
----------------------------
Rich 'DickNervous' Neves
Baron of Ishala - VLAN 2113 Ishala C866651-9
Baron of Enaaka - DENE 0203 Enaaka B777786-6
Knight of Deneb - SPIN 1721 ARBA C200200-C
Nervoused.com
AnotherDilbert
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby AnotherDilbert » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:53 am

Of course I have built a spreadsheet. But it is user-unfriendly and some things have to be edited manually, so it is not something I would like to inflict on anyone else...
mancerbear
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby mancerbear » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:28 am

My spreadsheet-fu is week, so mine will be the most very basic, primarily used to add up totals and such. Most of the inputting will be manual.
-Daniel-
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby -Daniel- » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:24 pm

mancerbear wrote:My spreadsheet-fu is week, so mine will be the most very basic, primarily used to add up totals and such. Most of the inputting will be manual.
This is where I am at. I know enough o play with it so my sheets tend to be simple and contain lots of manual input.

I do respect those who can make Excel dance though, I have access to a few folks like that at work and they create things that are quite handy there. But I am learning as I go, maybe someday I will move past being just a user. :mrgreen:
Synther
Weasel

Postby Synther » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:01 am

Is there an "official ship construction sheet" that can be used in PDF form? Even that would make building your own ships easier.
Check out my group's Traveller Campaign at https://syntherstravellergame.obsidianportal.com/