Tripwire, the Adventure ***contains spoilers***

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
paltrysum
Mongoose

Re: High and Dry, the Adventure

Postby paltrysum » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm

mancerbear wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:58 pm
I also included the vargr Sophie as a foil to encourage the players to rescue her when the brown stuff hits the air con vents. She's the Dictator's chauffer, so it will be her taking the air/raft to save her family during the eruption. I believe that players are more likely to act heroically if they have a vested interest in who they are saving. One player in particular has developed a liking for her. Hopefully that will pan out. I may even have Sophie sign onto the ship as an NPC crewmember.
Great idea, Mancerbear. I only got my two sons halfway through "High and Dry" and have not completed it (they went back to college!) but one of the things that I had intended to do was make a connection with one of the locals like you did to ensure they feel compelled to help. Otherwise, it's just some stranger asking you to risk your life for her!

Regarding the progression of the story: Do you think you'll have them go through the updated "Expedition to Zhodane" when it comes out?
"Spacers lead a sedentary life. They live at home, and their home is always with them—their starship, and so is their country—the depths of space."
mancerbear
Banded Mongoose

Re: Tripwire, the Adventure ***contains spoilers***

Postby mancerbear » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:15 am

Thanks paltrysum. I have every intention of taking them through the Fifth Frontier War, and it teally does depend when Expedition to Zodane comes out whether I use it with this group or not.

As it stands, there is contention within the group as to what to do with the data stick. Some want to just forget it, one ones to sell it tothe highest bidder, one is torn between his desire to do what's right and just getting on with his life, and another feels dury bound to deliver the data stick to the authorities. It's leading to excellent role playing among the group.
steve98052
Banded Mongoose

Postby steve98052 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Would you say that the contention within the group about the data stick is more between players or between characters that the players are role playing as in disagreement?
mancerbear
Banded Mongoose

Postby mancerbear » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:54 am

steve98052 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:07 pm
Would you say that the contention within the group about the data stick is more between players or between characters that the players are role playing as in disagreement?
I would say it's primarily between characters, as all the players get along very well.
JMISBEST
Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:09 pm

All in all great work by a seemingly great mind who is definitely a great GM

Fair warning though I know people who are using your write-ups to use heavily modified versions of the adventures so far in their campaigns without buying them. Is that a form of stealing or piracy or both and if so what should I do when I have nothing but strong and plausible suspicions
mancerbear
Banded Mongoose

Postby mancerbear » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:38 am

Thank you Jmisbest.

I don't mind people using this write up to run their own adventures because they are basically getting a very watered down version of the adventure. And frankly, I don't get to run very frequently, so they have a bit of a wait between posts.

As far as a legal point of view, I'm not really sure. Matt may have something to say about it though, and I would adhere to his suggestions.
Solomani666
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: Prelude to Tripwire, the Adventure ***contains spoilers***

Postby Solomani666 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:36 pm

mancerbear wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:55 am
So, the name of the last session says it all. I'm taking the characters through the Tripwire adventure which will then lead directly into the Fifth Frontier War.
I like your idea of using a miss-jump to get them to Farreach.

In my Traveller campaign there are two PC's that served together and both have reoccurring dreams of something 'just out of their reach'. Sometimes a voice can be heard saying "Reach farther" or "Reach far". Often the dreams end with their head getting crushed, exploded, pierced, etc. The Vargr is driven half-mad by this and turns to alcohol for relief.

On one occasion while just starting breakfast, one of the PC's says...
"Remember that crazy mission we did on..."
"...Sir, are you done with this, can I take your plate now", says the waitress.

As of yet, since they are in the midst of "High and Dry" they have no idea what this means... yet.
Sometimes they get the feeling that they are being followed.

Later they will discover that there is a 1 month gap in their service records that no one can explain, and that a few other people from their former unit have similar symptoms, all from the same squad.

Unfortunately for the Zhodhani, their mind-wipe was a bit too thorough, leaving the PC's often unable to hear or even read the word "Farreach". Hence their subconscious minds dividing and reversing the words to "Reach Far".

This, and other "stimuli" will eventually drive them to Farreach and start the adventure...
JMISBEST
Mongoose

Postby JMISBEST » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:15 pm

On the subject of what I wrote about my friend I have no real evidence just gossip with mutual friends, him boasting whilst drunk and questionable but plausible suspicions. So nothing to worry the writer about and even if he/she did worry not enough to call the cops. Sorry about not adding this earlier, I tried to do a bit of freelance chatting and charming to/of those who might know for definite or know how or where I can get the proof, but nothing and given that he is the dumbest GM I've ever known and below average in most area's I, now that I've thought about it, think he's simply risked a lot of trouble with a drunken boast, but I only think that I reckon he's far too dumb too cover his tracks this well. Sorry

Also what I wrote about the guy is very brutal yet 100% accurate, after all not everyone is smart and their are bound to be people of below average mental ability all over The UK. Its just bad luck that he's both all of what I wrote about him and the nicest UK Citizen born in A UK Country other then England that I ever have and maybe ever will call a close friend
mancerbear
Banded Mongoose

Postby mancerbear » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 am

Episode three of Tripwire was played today. I'll post a synopsis in the next few days.