Central Supply Cometh

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
Annatar Giftbringer
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: Central Supply Cometh

Postby Annatar Giftbringer » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:17 am

Well, it is a sweet deal, especially now that the pdf and physical books are closer to each other in price, so please continue with it (my opinion at least) !

Um, the second question was poorly worded by be, apologies for that. Was a bit of a silly question too, plus I edited out parts of it (making it harder to understand) but what I meant was something like: the standard print edition of the rulebook, and the physical central supply catalogue, are they "the same" in size, looks and so on, so they look like they belong together? And will the POD version of the rulebook differ from those in size/look, so that the regular versions "look better together"? As I said, silly question :)
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:19 am

Tay wrote:
I actually pre-ordered CSC and the 2 Adventures, so would love to see PDF's for the Adventures :-)
If you did not get the PDFs for those, drop me a line (msprange@mongoosepublishing.com) and we'll sort you out!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:20 am

Annatar Giftbringer wrote: Um, the second question was poorly worded by be, apologies for that. Was a bit of a silly question too, plus I edited out parts of it (making it harder to understand) but what I meant was something like: the standard print edition of the rulebook, and the physical central supply catalogue, are they "the same" in size, looks and so on, so they look like they belong together? And will the POD version of the rulebook differ from those in size/look, so that the regular versions "look better together"? As I said, silly question :)
They will all look the same - the one caveat is that the POD versions will 'feel' slightly different to the printed versions in the way they are cased, their weight, etc... Nothing huge, but you will be able to tell.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
Tay
Stoat

Postby Tay » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 am

msprange wrote:
Tay wrote:
I actually pre-ordered CSC and the 2 Adventures, so would love to see PDF's for the Adventures :-)
If you did not get the PDFs for those, drop me a line (msprange@mongoosepublishing.com) and we'll sort you out!

Email duly sent. Greatly appreciated.

Cheers
nats
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby nats » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:57 pm

I dont know if this is the deal referred to but a few people seem to have been complaining on Facebook about the Drivethru PoD copy that they got after they ordered the pdf - paper being thin and wavy, and the print being a bit light, and overall the book not being very robust - in fact completely the opposite to the proper hardback book from Mongoose that I got. I am very glad I ordered the 'proper' printed book but I dont like pdfs anyway so it isnt an issue for me.

So if you pre-order the CSC book + pdf from Mongoose do you get the 'proper' printed book or a lesser quality PoD version?

Or is this just an issue if you order from Drivethru?
6A6AB9, Citizen(Corporate), 8th Term, Rank 3, Cr Enough
Trade(Architecture)3, Art(3d Illustration)2, Computers2, Admin2, Leader1, Drive(Wheeled)1, Advocate1, Art(Painting)1, Flyer0
Comm(TL7), Computer(TL8), Binoculars(TL6), Tent(TL7), Ground Car(TL7)
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:36 pm

nats wrote: Or is this just an issue if you order from Drivethru?
Only with the POD edition via Drivethru - we made a bit of a mention about this on the forums. With the best will in the world, a POD copy will always be a little... less... than the standard printed edition. It will be more than fine for your players but if you want something for yourself to keep over the years - get the printed edition :)
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
legozhodani
Banded Mongoose

Postby legozhodani » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Being an old fart as I am, I always try to get a real book. The frenzy for e stuff and always trying to get cheaper and cheaper is to me a false economy. I agree if you want it to last get the hardback copies.
allanimal
Banded Mongoose

Postby allanimal » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:58 pm

Any word on CSC Pre-Orders? When will they ship?
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Should be early to mid-September - will keep you posted!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing