Zhodani 10ton fighter

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
BrianSmaller
Stoat

Zhodani 10ton fighter

Postby BrianSmaller » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

A design by wbyrd at Citizens of the Imperium.

I really like this little fighter – had a real Zhodani feel to it to me. Hopefully I will be able do a few more deckplans from wbyrd's designs. Full deckplans for this little ship over at….

http://woolshedwargamer.com/2015/08/03/ ... n-fighter/

Cheers
Brian
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: Zhodani 10ton fighter

Postby GypsyComet » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:00 am

I'm a Keith brothers traditionalist, so this doesn't say "Zhodani" to me at all.
CTMTTNET4GTT20THMGTT5
It's all Traveller, so it's all Good.
BrianSmaller
Stoat

Postby BrianSmaller » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:15 am

GypsyComet wrote:I'm a Keith brothers traditionalist, so this doesn't say "Zhodani" to me at all.
I like their stuff too - but this had enough bits hanging off it to be a Zho ship for my tastes. Different enough from the standard Imperial type fighters anyway.
GypsyComet
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby GypsyComet » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:09 am

The tail is too flat, and there is no fin. The examples we have from CT involve either an organic flowing look (the fighter on the SDB) or a simple, angular, almost crystaline look (the Vlezhdest). The Zhodani show no signs of applying a "mecha-godzilla" look to their organic hull forms.
CTMTTNET4GTT20THMGTT5
It's all Traveller, so it's all Good.
BrianSmaller
Stoat

Postby BrianSmaller » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:53 am

GypsyComet wrote:The tail is too flat, and there is no fin. The examples we have from CT involve either an organic flowing look (the fighter on the SDB) or a simple, angular, almost crystaline look (the Vlezhdest). The Zhodani show no signs of applying a "mecha-godzilla" look to their organic hull forms.
Different strokes.
-Daniel-
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby -Daniel- » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:12 am

While I agree this does not yell Zhodani to me, I do not mind that it does nto have the "normal" look. I figure it is like the Lockheed F-117. It does not look like a normal fighter used by the US at the time, but it was a US fighter and is in their arsenal.

I would not have any issue having this show up at the right time. Maybe even make it an adventure where people are asking what the "new Zhodani" fighter's capabilities are. Again, just like when the Lockheed F-117 first started to be seen, the interest was very high. :D
wbnc
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby wbnc » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Ya know I am getting great feedback on this little guy.

Glad to have people expressing their opinions,both here and over a CoTI, along with constructive critique.

I have a few ideas to tweak the design, incorporating the feedback....so feel free to add anything else.

Hopefully getting you guys involved in some basic decision making will make my final work more appealing to players...and result in less need for asbestos underwear later...flaming E-mails/posts are no fun:D