The Pirates of Drinax - Part Eight

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
msprange
Site Admin

The Pirates of Drinax - Part Eight

Postby msprange » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:15 pm

We are now thundering towards the end of this great, epic campaign, penned by Gareth Hanrahan - and are pleased to announce part eight is finally with us!

The Pirates of Drinax is a complete free-to-download epic campaign for Traveller which sees the players as a band of adventures entrusted by the King of Drinax with a letter of marque, permitting them to prey on 'illegal' trade within the borders of the vanished kingdom. The King hopes that this piracy will give him the leverage he needs to restore Drinax to its former glory, and intends for the players to win back all the planets lost over the last two centuries – but the King's plans are just the starting point for this campaign. ..

You can download the campaign from here;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ebook ... rinax.html
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
JRoss
Banded Mongoose

Re: The Pirates of Drinax - Part Eight

Postby JRoss » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:46 pm

Awesome!
Freelance S&P Traveller contributor
Squirrel - Your Best Friend
Fox - Beware of Lies

Do you really want to spend your entire lives praying for longevity? We were born in order to die!
Thunderegg Productions
Balfuset790
Stoat

Postby Balfuset790 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:23 am

This may or may not be the place to point this out but... there's actually a logical inconsistency between Adventures 8 and 3... ^^;

In the opening of Adventure 8 it mentions that Kaisyl doesn't have a ship, thus justifiying his need to go to the PCs for help. However, in Adventure 3, it mentions that there are two other options for the PCs to get into Aslan territory if they don't want to use the Harrier. Either the Aslan scout ship encountered at the beginning of the adventure... or Kaisyl's ship... which is cited as a 200-ton Aslan trader hidden elsewhere in the Drinax system.

Not sure if anything needs to be done about this but I can say that it definitely confused me for a moment when I read it :D
Mytholder
Mongoose

Postby Mytholder » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:14 am

Good catch. This is what comes from writing linked adventures over multiple years. My apologies.

Clearly, his trader was damaged and the necessary Aslan-made parts were unavailable on Drinax during Adventure 3. Now, with the PCs raiding Aslan shipping and the growing prosperity of Drinax, he finally got that treastawoahai'oaral jump coil he needed and it can fly again.
Mytholder
Mongoose

Postby Mytholder » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:14 am

Good catch. This is what comes from writing linked adventures over multiple years. My apologies.

Clearly, his trader was damaged and the necessary Aslan-made parts were unavailable on Drinax during Adventure 3. Now, with the PCs raiding Aslan shipping and the growing prosperity of Drinax, he finally got that treastawoahai'oaral jump coil he needed and it can fly again.
EvilDM
Stoat

Postby EvilDM » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:37 pm

I wish I would roll stats for my aslan characters like what the npcs have, especially soc. I have rolled up, aybe 20 Aslan characters as test and never got a soc above 5
Pyromancer
Banded Mongoose

Postby Pyromancer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Is there I site where I can download all parts, or do I have to create an account?
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:01 am

You'll need the account, I am afraid.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com