Aren't new PDFs issued instead of errata?

Discuss the Traveller RPG and its many settings
hiro

Re: Aren't new PDFs issued instead of errata?

Postby hiro » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Don, thanks for posting.

To clarify, the PDF I recently downloaded was work you did that Mongoose opted not to use?

Am I opening a can of worms asking why?

I don't mean to cause trouble but the CSC stuff alone was worth it to me. A lot of it I had worked thru myself and having it "officially" clarified is great. I don't get why Mongoose wouldn't implement it. I agree with Bense's point that some of the errata reads more like the discussions we have here but still, it seems that the good outweighs the bad and where the information isn't strictly speaking errata, saying so clearly and leaving people with a choice of whether to use the info or not is an option.

For Mongoose to update one file and upload it to DTRPG instead of each person who's bought it feckling with their PDF seems a much more efficient way of taking care of it. Isn't that support part of what we've paid for?
donm61873
Stoat

Postby donm61873 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:57 pm

I believe that everything in that file will be seen, so feel free to use it, but recognize that it isn't official right now... Perhaps unofficial errata would still be useful, certainly that's how my legacy effort started. But Mongoose chose a different direction on purpose, and that should be obvious by the end of 2015, if not before. And my efforts involving Mongoose materials and errata have not ended by any stretch, I do still gather the material for Mongoose, I'm still making suggestions and writing bits, and doing quite a bit of reviews.
Zhodani author and FFE minion
kleefaj
Cub

Postby kleefaj » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:48 pm

msprange wrote:All books mentioned here should be updated - if you re-download them, you will have the latest files.

Again, if you notice any oddities, let me know and we'll take care of it!

I purchased the Traveller Core Rulebook from DriveThruComics as part of the Strontium Dog bundle back in January 2015. I re-downloaded the Core PDF today but it doesn't appear to be the updated edition (based on the discrepancy between the Available Passengers example on p. 160 and the table on 161).

Any way I can get an updated PDF?

-Jeff