De Ruyter

Discuss the Victory at Sea range of naval games.

Moderator: rcbecker1

Old Sea Dog
Shrew

De Ruyter

Postby Old Sea Dog » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:17 am

The Dutch cruiser mounted seven 5.9" guns, not six 6" guns.
Old Sea Dog
Shrew

Re: De Ruyter

Postby Old Sea Dog » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Not much traffic on this site.
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Lord David the Denied » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:35 am

Hasn't been since the glory days of B5 ACtA.
Old Sea Dog
Shrew

Postby Old Sea Dog » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:24 am

Does anyone care that there are historical/technical inaccuracies in the latest update?
Lord David the Denied
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Lord David the Denied » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:25 am

Care? I think there are people here who will care. Will it be changed? That's the more pertinent question.
Old Sea Dog
Shrew

Postby Old Sea Dog » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Lord David the Denied wrote:Care? I think there are people here who will care. Will it be changed? That's the more pertinent question.
Isn't that the purpose of providing feedback here? Or is this just for casual conversation?
rbax
Banded Mongoose

Postby rbax » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:23 pm

Are we talking about the video game or the Revision 2 of VAS. If its Rev. 2 then I care as I'm the one driving the hardest at trying to generate consistent and correct statistics for the ships for the next revision.

That being said I have not done anything with the Netherlands at this time.

--- Rich
Old Sea Dog
Shrew

Postby Old Sea Dog » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:45 am

rbax wrote:Are we talking about the video game or the Revision 2 of VAS. If its Rev. 2 then I care as I'm the one driving the hardest at trying to generate consistent and correct statistics for the ships for the next revision.

That being said I have not done anything with the Netherlands at this time.

--- Rich
I just recently started playing Victory at Sea on PC, I played with GHQ pewter ships years ago as well as some other table top naval war games. I live in San Jose and would be happy to help you with research. I have a fairly extensive library of books on the subject which includes numerous copies of Jane's Fighting Ships, Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships, Naval Institute Guide to Combat Fleets of the World, Weyer's Warships of the World, and many others. I can provide you with whatever details you might need on any ship of any navy of the Second World War.
Old Sea Dog
Shrew

Postby Old Sea Dog » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Well it certainly has been fun but there seems to be no good reasons for me to participate here, so I guess I'll just move along.
DanaussieII
Weasel

Postby DanaussieII » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:14 am

.....sheesh dude at least give things a chance to get started. :lol:

I'm sure all these posts get read and notes taken on how to better improve the game and the units within it. Everyone can leave whatever suggestions they like, but I would not expect that every one of my posts is to receive a response.

My impressions from the Administrators is that this is a slow release date kind of affair, and that Victory at Sea has not even officially launched yet, so I think the best we can do is to keep supporting it with "positive feedback". That is my intention anyways.

Dan :D :D :D
Old Sea Dog
Shrew

Postby Old Sea Dog » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:09 pm

DanaussieII wrote:.....sheesh dude at least give things a chance to get started. :lol:

I'm sure all these posts get read and notes taken on how to better improve the game and the units within it. Everyone can leave whatever suggestions they like, but I would not expect that every one of my posts is to receive a response.

My impressions from the Administrators is that this is a slow release date kind of affair, and that Victory at Sea has not even officially launched yet, so I think the best we can do is to keep supporting it with "positive feedback". That is my intention anyways.

Dan :D :D :D
I don't think so. I made an offer to provide technical assistance and research, the guy lives in my area, he didn't even give the courtesy of a response.
rcbecker123
Weasel

Postby rcbecker123 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Sorry folks I'm the most official not being too official connection to the rules for VAS II. I have been missing in action since my account here was hacked or something.
I have had to create a new account and have yet connected to Matt to get my authorization reset up. At this point I can not even paticpate in the rules work. I intend to correct this and return to being active again.
As for the computer game I have nothing to do with this.
Formerly know as signature .
Rcbecker1
Old Sea Dog
Shrew

Postby Old Sea Dog » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:57 am

I'm a beta tester on World of Warships now, so I'm glad I didn't waste my time here.
DM
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby DM » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:50 am

Thanks for wasting your time to come back here to tell us something we didn't need or want to know :roll:
DM's naval website, now moved to the NWS site
http://www.navalwargamessociety.org/nav ... links.html
Co-author "Order of Battle"
Author, "Age of Dreadnoughts"
Bloke who paints VAS ships for Matt
Bacon Number of 4 :D
rcbecker123
Weasel

Postby rcbecker123 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Most of what is heard here is referenced and checked the fleets are extensive and are getting a lot of care this makes it a slow process. I have been out with extensive medical issues but am trying to get back to being involved. But the fleet list provided may not be the most up to date if your looking at VAS II if you looking at VAS I that's a matter of past and will not get looked at by the People working on VAS II. If you have a note of correction then post it here so people can fix it in there VAS I rules this is the reason for the VAS II rules is to make a better games and fix stuff from the first version.