Page 2 of 2

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:31 pm
by leopard
I actually quite like the current 'priority' system, and while points values seem to be on the horizon I hope something similar is also there as it makes it very simple to 'scale' a game and end up with suitable units deployed.

Also, has there ever been a system with point values without whining that they are wrong (regardless of actual merit?)

Still looking forwards to V2, though a few of the bits removed seem a shame, e.g. crew units, don't do a lot but are gold in a campaign, will be a pity to see them go -- make them 'optional' or even a pure campaign rule with the basic rules noting just to ignore them but a shame for the option not to be there.

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:35 am
by rcbecker1
After the rules are released the formula for crew size may be available as a support mechanism for use in campaigns.

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:09 pm
by AdmiralGrafSpee
Hey when are we getting another preview? Any chance the new book will be out in 2014?

-Tim

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:57 pm
by msprange
You'll be seeing some new ships first - the rulebook is not quite ready :)

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:57 pm
by leopard
Request for V2:

Pleeeeaseeeeee put a one/two sided ref sheet in there somewhere, if you have seen Flames of War you will know the sort of thing I mean, something that has the turn sequence on it and lists modifiers to die rolls in each section on one side, then the Critical hit table and special actions on the other side.

Has a game of V1 today, this is about all we missed, ended up missing various rules, aware the rules are amazingly streamlined and easy.. just this specific idiot could do with a summary sheet...

The crew of my Bismark implore you, between counting the little fishies swimming past in the darkness.

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:40 am
by weedsrock2
leopard wrote:Request for V2:

Pleeeeaseeeeee put a one/two sided ref sheet in there somewhere, if you have seen Flames of War you will know the sort of thing I mean, something that has the turn sequence on it and lists modifiers to die rolls in each section on one side, then the Critical hit table and special actions on the other side.

Has a game of V1 today, this is about all we missed, ended up missing various rules, aware the rules are amazingly streamlined and easy.. just this specific idiot could do with a summary sheet...

The crew of my Bismark implore you, between counting the little fishies swimming past in the darkness.
+1

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:21 pm
by AdmiralGrafSpee
Hey Matt,

I'm sure you are super busy - but any chance on a blog update on VAS2 development?

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:10 am
by msprange
We posted one of the new ships recently on Eye on Mongoose (Facebook), but I will see what we can do!

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:24 pm
by AdmiralGrafSpee
That would be great Matt. Just took a look at the facebook stuff. Love the AAR on Battle of the Denmark Straight. Go Prinz Eugen!

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:19 am
by Garydee
Sorry for the thread necromancy but I noticed there was not a target number listed for the ships. How is that determined in VAS II?

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 pm
by msprange
Garydee wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:19 am
Sorry for the thread necromancy but I noticed there was not a target number listed for the ships. How is that determined in VAS II?
It is now done by the type of ship (battleship, cruiser, etc) rather than by class.

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 pm
by Garydee
msprange wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 pm
Garydee wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:19 am
Sorry for the thread necromancy but I noticed there was not a target number listed for the ships. How is that determined in VAS II?
It is now done by the type of ship (battleship, cruiser, etc) rather than by class.
Is that why Turning isn't on there as well?

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 am
by msprange
Garydee wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 pm
Is that why Turning isn't on there as well?
Indeed, though we can monkey around with both through Traits the ships have.

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:09 pm
by Garydee
msprange wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 am
Garydee wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 pm
Is that why Turning isn't on there as well?
Indeed, though we can monkey around with both through Traits the ships have.
Sounds great! I hope to see you start up the Design History for VAS again. :D

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:48 am
by Garydee
Btw, is there a chance we could see flooding and severe ship list in the critical hit sections, Matthew? I love those in the Naval Thunder game.

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm
by Soulmage
Garydee wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:48 am
Btw, is there a chance we could see flooding and severe ship list in the critical hit sections, Matthew? I love those in the Naval Thunder game.
Glad to see my Naval Thunder still getting some love around here. LOL Excited to see VaS 2.0 moving forward!

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:17 pm
by msprange
Soulmage wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm
Excited to see VaS 2.0 moving forward!
Just sent you an email :)

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:17 pm
by msprange
Soulmage wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm
Excited to see VaS 2.0 moving forward!
Just sent you an email :)

Re: Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:20 pm
by Garydee
Soulmage wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm
Garydee wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:48 am
Btw, is there a chance we could see flooding and severe ship list in the critical hit sections, Matthew? I love those in the Naval Thunder game.
Glad to see my Naval Thunder still getting some love around here. LOL Excited to see VaS 2.0 moving forward!
Excellent game. I hope to see future NT supplements from you. :D