Ship data in electronic format?

Discuss the Victory at Sea range of naval games.

Moderator: rcbecker1

afilter
Stoat

Ship data in electronic format?

Postby afilter » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Hello,

I am new to the game, but not wargaming. In fact I am so new I have not actually played VAS yet, but have the rule book and a copy of the OOB and AoD is on the way as well.

These days not playing many wargames, but when I get home I look forward to starting again.

I have played a number of other naval games and most seemed overly complex as compared to VAS. I have two young sons who have started to play the very simple WoTC War at Sea with me. They have progressed and we have adapted many house rules. I think they are ready for something more and I am hoping VAS is it using our WAS 1/1800 minis and eventually the many 1/6000 ships I have still in bags waiting to be painted.

I appreciate the ship data included in the rules and am hoping there are many more in the OOB as described. I am wondering is there a resource to obtain the data in an electronic format so the ships can just be printed out?

The one nice thing about WAS is each unit has a printed card....I am hoping to do the same for VAS so fleets for scenarios can be easily printed out instead of looking them up or building it myself. I am guessing someone out there already has something.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron
Draconis
Stoat

Postby Draconis » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Burger has some here:
http://www.ibisfightclub.co.uk/
afilter
Stoat

Postby afilter » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:19 am

Thanks...these seem to cover most of what is in the book.

Anyone have a database or site for other ships? I am guessing there has to be one out there if I know wargamers. :wink:
Aaron
Dog_Date
Cub

Postby Dog_Date » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:38 pm

I did a Word template version that has most of the data contained in. You can download it from Soulmages site, but you do need to get a userId.

You must have Word 2000 and or above to run it. Let me know if you have any probs

http://victoryatsea.pbwiki.com