Some Naval pics

Discuss the Victory at Sea range of naval games.

Moderator: rcbecker1

Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Some Naval pics

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:43 pm

Enjoy ;)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Anyone know what ship this is?
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
Chernobyl
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 4943
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 10:12 pm
Location: the part of the US that's still sane

Postby Chernobyl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:01 pm

is that the ark royal on top?
as for the little one, beats me...
www.epicarmycard.com
For ACTA and E:A resources

Image
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Chernobyl wrote:is that the ark royal on top?
as for the little one, beats me...
Yes it is, and I think just in front of her is HMS Ocean
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
Slightly Norse John
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:31 pm

Postby Slightly Norse John » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:20 pm

The black hull is HMS Warrior, the Navy's first ironclad, commissioned 1860, decommissioned and sold as scrap in 1889, and eventually recognised where she was being used as an oil terminal pier at Milford Haven in 1980, reconditioned and used as a museum exhibit in the Historic Dockyard.
Last edited by Slightly Norse John on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:32 pm

Here is some more ship (or ship related) pics

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

BTW all these pics were taken by me, not ripped off someones site ;)
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
Slightly Norse John
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:31 pm

Postby Slightly Norse John » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:48 pm

Second from top in that lot's Udaloy- class, top one's got me baffled; doesn't look long enough in the forecastle to be Kirov, too bulky in the superstructure and too well looked after to be Moskva- class, doesn't have the missile tubes for a Slava- it's big and Russian, but what?
captainsmirk
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Limbo

Postby captainsmirk » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:57 pm

The ship in front of Ark Royal isn't Ocean its one of the other two carriers.

Ocean:
Image

Note the Phalanx mounting on the photo above, compare with the Goalkeeper mounting on the ship in front of Ark Royal, plus different island structure.

There my anorak moment for the day...

Nick
Captain Sheridan you're under arrest for a clear violation of the laws of physics!
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:04 pm

Slightly Norse John wrote:Second from top in that lot's Udaloy- class, top one's got me baffled; doesn't look long enough in the forecastle to be Kirov, too bulky in the superstructure and too well looked after to be Moskva- class, doesn't have the missile tubes for a Slava- it's big and Russian, but what?
Here is a big clue, LOOK at the flag on the aft :wink:
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:05 pm

captainsmirk wrote:The ship in front of Ark Royal isn't Ocean its one of the other two carriers.

Ocean:
Image

Note the Phalanx mounting on the photo above, compare with the Goalkeeper mounting on the ship in front of Ark Royal, plus different island structure.

There my anorak moment for the day...

Nick
Must be Illustrious then :?

Edit- It is, look here-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible ... ft_carrier
Last edited by Reaverman on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
Jellicoe
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: London

Postby Jellicoe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:24 pm

Reaverman wrote:
Slightly Norse John wrote:Second from top in that lot's Udaloy- class, top one's got me baffled; doesn't look long enough in the forecastle to be Kirov, too bulky in the superstructure and too well looked after to be Moskva- class, doesn't have the missile tubes for a Slava- it's big and Russian, but what?
Here is a big clue, LOOK at the flag on the aft :wink:
Something Italian maybe :)
Slightly Norse John
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:31 pm

Postby Slightly Norse John » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:27 pm

OK, so it is, but it bloody looks russian, I tell you- which actually leaves me even more baffled; what is it?
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:28 pm

Jellicoe wrote:
Reaverman wrote:
Slightly Norse John wrote:Second from top in that lot's Udaloy- class, top one's got me baffled; doesn't look long enough in the forecastle to be Kirov, too bulky in the superstructure and too well looked after to be Moskva- class, doesn't have the missile tubes for a Slava- it's big and Russian, but what?
Here is a big clue, LOOK at the flag on the aft :wink:
Something Italian maybe :)
And for a Bonus 10 points, which port ;)
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
Jellicoe
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: London

Postby Jellicoe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:31 pm

Reaverman wrote:
And for a Bonus 10 points, which port ;)
That's going a bit far, maybe Taranto? Pass. Its not the flag though that gives it away (although) that helps - its the gun turrets.
Jellicoe
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: London

Postby Jellicoe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:38 pm

Slightly Norse John wrote:OK, so it is, but it bloody looks russian, I tell you- which actually leaves me even more baffled; what is it?
Vittorio Veneto helicopter carrying "cruiser". On the surface it might look like a Russia ship - but it does not have enough masts etc.. for a Moskva or something like that. In the end though it is the single 76mm turrets that give it away (and the flag ;) )
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Jellicoe wrote:
Slightly Norse John wrote:OK, so it is, but it bloody looks russian, I tell you- which actually leaves me even more baffled; what is it?
Vittorio Veneto helicopter carrying "cruiser". On the surface it might look like a Russia ship - but it does not have enough masts etc.. for a Moskva or something like that. In the end though it is the single 76mm turrets that give it away (and the flag ;) )
I was going to say it was a cruiser, and its also is in Taranto ;)
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
The Greek
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:58 am

Postby The Greek » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:44 pm

Luigi Durand De la Penne ?
wibble.
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8148
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:47 am

Mongoose Acolyte wrote:Luigi Durand De la Penne ?
Watch your language, this is a family forum!!! ;)
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
The Greek
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:58 am

Postby The Greek » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:49 am

Gotta love the web. All those pics out there for Navy nuts to go gawking out. Pity Portland no longer has its naval base (mind you got the Olympics as compensation).

Nick
wibble.
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8148
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:01 am

This is the only navel pic I could find...

Image
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
Wulf Corbett
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 4314
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Postby Wulf Corbett » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:13 am

Burger wrote:This is the only navel pic I could find...
Your google-fu must be alarmingly weak - but at least it's clean! :wink:

Wulf

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests