Buy the book early?

Discuss the Victory at Sea range of naval games.

Moderator: rcbecker1

Hash
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:46 am
Location: Aldershot, UK
Contact:

Buy the book early?

Postby Hash » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:30 pm

Is there any chance that copies of VAS will be available to purchase at the Masters of War tourney for SST and ACTA on the 11th Nov?
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. "
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:24 pm

I think the only reason they wouldn't be for sale is if Mongoose UK haven't received them by then.

I'm sure if copies exist in the office at that time, Matt will be more than happy to take your money.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
Hash
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:46 am
Location: Aldershot, UK
Contact:

Postby Hash » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:49 pm

lastbesthope wrote:I think the only reason they wouldn't be for sale is if Mongoose UK haven't received them by then.

I'm sure if copies exist in the office at that time, Matt will be more than happy to take your money.

LBH
[sarcasm]...well, gladdened as I am to learn that you do not believe that Matt has any philosophical or moral objections to taking my money...[/sarcasm] :P (only joking)

Sadly, it doesn't really answer my question...

Does anyone else know if it is likely that there will be copies of VAS for sale in the office at that date?

Furthermore, and this question is directed more generally, are there others who would buy a copy if they were available?
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. "
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:50 pm

I'd definitely give it the once over if they're there on the day.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
msprange
Site Admin
Posts: 14546
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Re: Buy the book early?

Postby msprange » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:43 am

Hash wrote:Is there any chance that copies of VAS will be available to purchase at the Masters of War tourney for SST and ACTA on the 11th Nov?
It _probably_ will be.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Re: Buy the book early?

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:47 am

msprange wrote:
Hash wrote:Is there any chance that copies of VAS will be available to purchase at the Masters of War tourney for SST and ACTA on the 11th Nov?
It _probably_ will be.
[Genuine Elation]WOOOOO HOOOO[/Genuine Elation]
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
Burger
Warlord Mongoose
Posts: 8148
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby Burger » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:48 am

Hash wrote:Furthermore, and this question is directed more generally, are there others who would buy a copy if they were available?
.o/
msprange wrote:It _probably_ will be.
\o/
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Image
katadder
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5005
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: lincoln, uk
Contact:

Postby katadder » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:51 pm

i'll be buying one then :) maybe. altho might wait for my local retailer to get one, get a nice discount off him.
1st & Only Centauri Grand Admiral

LONAW Fleets: http://www.mediafire.com/?tddmi2mjcl2
Reaverman
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Camberley/Surrey/UK
Contact:

Postby Reaverman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:54 pm

katadder wrote:i'll be buying one then :) maybe. altho might wait for my local retailer to get one, get a nice discount off him.
Sod getting a discount, I want to get it now :twisted:
Image

Free Hiffano's Mothership!
Locutus9956
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3916
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy. AKA Yeovil
Contact:

Postby Locutus9956 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:04 pm

Hmm I wonder If I can make the 11th of November, I may not be in the tourney but Id happily turn up for an early copy... we shall see....
War. It's FAN-tastic!
Jellicoe
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: London

Postby Jellicoe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:52 pm

I'd like the book or pdf version of the rules to :( , but I can't play ACTA well so no point signing up there. I'll have to wait.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests