Page 3 of 3

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:36 am
by msprange
Brass wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:10 pm
I'm already retired, so I'm hoping VAS2 comes out before the only people who get to play it in my house are the ones who show up for my wake. :evil:
I'll make you a deal - we'll have it out before then :)

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm
by Brass
msprange wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:36 am
Brass wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:10 pm
I'm already retired, so I'm hoping VAS2 comes out before the only people who get to play it in my house are the ones who show up for my wake. :evil:
I'll make you a deal - we'll have it out before then :)
You'll have it out in two weeks? Score!!!!! :D

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 am
by Ecclesiastes
Brass wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm
msprange wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:36 am
Brass wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:10 pm
I'm already retired, so I'm hoping VAS2 comes out before the only people who get to play it in my house are the ones who show up for my wake. :evil:
I'll make you a deal - we'll have it out before then :)
You'll have it out in two weeks? Score!!!!! :D
Well, your first week is almost up Brass..... Did you get to do some stuff from your bucket list? :wink:

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 pm
by Brass
Ecclesiastes wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 am
Brass wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm
msprange wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:36 am


I'll make you a deal - we'll have it out before then :)
You'll have it out in two weeks? Score!!!!! :D
Well, your first week is almost up Brass..... Did you get to do some stuff from your bucket list? :wink:
Well, the thing with Taylor Swift didn't work out but I have hope for the space station trip and the wargamers' tour of Syria.

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:15 pm
by Brass
Okay, I've finally figured out what's causing the delay; the rules for Victory at Sea: Ironclads are still next in the layout queue but should be out by "end of July-ish", soon to be followed, no doubt, by VaS2.

Of course, that was "end of July-ish" 2015 but what's a couple of years among friends?

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:49 am
by msprange
I know, I know :)

Ironclad is complete, playtested and ready to go - we just need to find space in the layout schedule. And make the decision of whether it comes before or after WWII.

As far as WWII is concerned, it is currently undergoing a re-write (mostly streamlining) but the big factor with it is that we want the miniatures to go alongside it... and that means finding a reliable partner to produce them. That is the tricky bit.

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:49 pm
by Brass
msprange wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:49 am
I know, I know :)

Ironclad is complete, playtested and ready to go - we just need to find space in the layout schedule. And make the decision of whether it comes before or after WWII.

As far as WWII is concerned, it is currently undergoing a re-write (mostly streamlining) but the big factor with it is that we want the miniatures to go alongside it... and that means finding a reliable partner to produce them. That is the tricky bit.
Okay, all other excuses having been exhausted, we're back to the miniatures again. If you haven't managed to find a manufacturer for your naval miniatures by now (and it's been at least 18 months), you never will. Oh, of course there's also the re-write and then here will be the whole layout thing and then the next re-write and the still unsuccessful search for miniatures and then the next re-write and the layout queue and the ... Gee, do I begin to see a pattern here? Must be my imagination.

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 pm
by DM
If Ironclads is ready to go but WW2 is still some way from even having its (hopeful) final playtest completed that would suggest to me that publishing Ironclads first (and soon) would be the obvious course of action.

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:48 am
by msprange
DM wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 pm
If Ironclads is ready to go but WW2 is still some way from even having its (hopeful) final playtest completed that would suggest to me that publishing Ironclads first (and soon) would be the obvious course of action.
There is this argument of course. Then again, we also have the possibility of miniatures for ACW (we already have 3D designs of the Monitor and Merrimack)... A video game of Ironclad is on the way - as soon as we hear a projected release date, we may revisit an Ironclad rulebook.

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:51 am
by msprange
Brass wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:49 pm
If you haven't managed to find a manufacturer for your naval miniatures by now (and it's been at least 18 months), you never will.
That is not the spirit of Dunkirk, Sir! We are talking to a new company about VaS miniatures right now; they have already done a few prototypes for us, and they are looking good (they even insert metal rods into the gun barrels, so the entire model, including superstructure and turrets, can be resin). On a technical level, they are right on the money - at the moment, we are discussing their distribution potential. It looked like we were going to go forward earlier this year, but we made the decision to, well, delay the decision. As I said before, we want to get this right.

There are always options out there...

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:57 am
by Lincolnlog
You all kill me! Seriously.

These are second rate (and that's being kind) rules at best. Instead of worrying about miniatures I'd write a decent set of rules first. Please Mongoose, stick to RPGs and SciFi, at least that's believable.

Re: VAS 2

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:40 pm
by Brass
msprange wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:51 am
Brass wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:49 pm
If you haven't managed to find a manufacturer for your naval miniatures by now (and it's been at least 18 months), you never will.
That is not the spirit of Dunkirk, Sir! We are talking to a new company about VaS miniatures right now; they have already done a few prototypes for us, and they are looking good (they even insert metal rods into the gun barrels, so the entire model, including superstructure and turrets, can be resin). On a technical level, they are right on the money - at the moment, we are discussing their distribution potential. It looked like we were going to go forward earlier this year, but we made the decision to, well, delay the decision. As I said before, we want to get this right.

There are always options out there...
So, the spirit of Dunkirk was "Sorry, chaps, but you'll need to stay in France until we've built enough boats to pick you up. As it happens, there's been a bit of a cockup about actually getting them built, since we don't currently have a boatbuilder chosen, but I'm sure you find can some way to keep busy at the beach." Golly, now that I know that I won't have to see the movie.

Oh, almost forgot. It's August.