Leitmotifs in Legend

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Leitmotifs in Legend

Postby alex_greene » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:17 pm

A Leitmotif is a piece of music brought in to signify something or to announce someone's presence. The Empire March in Star Wars is a good example of a Leitmotif.

I've posted to a thread in the Traveller forum explaining how I use "Astradyne" by Ultravox when the characters' ship goes into Jump. There are plenty of tracks in a website I refer to on that thread, and I won't post additional links to that site here.

But it's got me thinking that it's time I revived the old "Music in Legend" topic for discussion again; but rather than commit thread necromancy, I thought I'd post a new one.

Have at it.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
Bifford
Banded Mongoose

Re: Leitmotifs in Legend

Postby Bifford » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:40 pm

The computer game, Elite (and it's follow ons) were famous for this. Whenever your ship came in to dock at a spacestation the grand old tune of The Blue Danube would kick in! Very much awesome :D And the new Elite: Dangerous should be 10 times as great as the previous games.

But none of that has anything to do with Legend :D
Olaus Petrus
Banded Mongoose

Re: Leitmotifs in Legend

Postby Olaus Petrus » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:28 am

I don't usually have theme songs relating to particular character, but I often play Conan the Barbarian (the 1982 movie, not the 2011 movie) soundtrack during the battles. Also Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones soundtracks offer great epic songs for many scenes.

My players also like heroic metal, so occasionally we play as background music epic songs like "To Holmgard and Beyond" by Turisas or "Die with Honor" by Manowar.