Effects on the body from aging

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Effects on the body from aging

Postby warlock1971 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 am

I can't seem to find any official rules for the above in the Legend Book, anyone know if any exist?

I have a Player who wants to play an older character in a new campaign, I don't want him to have extra Skill Points as he is brand new to Legend and the other players are creating starting PCs, but I don't want to outright forbid the PC as he is rather interesting.
Tias
Stoat

Re: Effects on the body from aging

Postby Tias » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 am

Page 74 in the core rules?

Tests are made above the age of 40 you every year, one against resilience, one against persistance. Negative modifiers apply if you've suffered great wounds, been poisoned, resurrected etc. - If you don't make it, you roll on a table that may reduce your physical (resilience check) or psychic (persistence) attributes, easy peasy!

Seeing as this can make an aged character pretty decrepit, giving him some extra skill points may not be a bad idea, to give a wholesome picture of a frail and elderly, but grizzled and experienced adventurer.

E: Oh cool, I'm a stoat now!
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby warlock1971 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Tias wrote:Page 74 in the core rules?

Tests are made above the age of 40 you every year, one against resilience, one against persistance. Negative modifiers apply if you've suffered great wounds, been poisoned, resurrected etc. - If you don't make it, you roll on a table that may reduce your physical (resilience check) or psychic (persistence) attributes, easy peasy!

Seeing as this can make an aged character pretty decrepit, giving him some extra skill points may not be a bad idea, to give a wholesome picture of a frail and elderly, but grizzled and experienced adventurer.

E: Oh cool, I'm a stoat now!
Thanks Tias, I remembered reading that before as soon as I read your post! :oops:
Olaus Petrus
Banded Mongoose

Postby Olaus Petrus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:41 am

Tias wrote:Seeing as this can make an aged character pretty decrepit, giving him some extra skill points may not be a bad idea, to give a wholesome picture of a frail and elderly, but grizzled and experienced adventurer.
I once created old one armed weapon thane to MRQII Glorantha game. I think that the extra points which veteran adventurers can get to skills and attributes worked pretty well with age penalties, so the end sum was that he wasn't considerably better or worse than other adventurers. Although he had that malus from losing a limb, but that was my own choice as I wanted more challenge.