Deus Vult: Games Master's Story Guide - Now Available

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
msprange
Site Admin

Deus Vult: Games Master's Story Guide - Now Available

Postby msprange » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:28 pm

The Games Master's Story Guide is now available for the Legend Setting, Deus Vult. You can pick up a copy at;

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... te_id=7242

In Deus Vult, players are members of a highly secretive order of the Church at the end of the 12th century, dedicated to fighting supernatural evils that would otherwise corrupt God's divine plan for humanity. From hunting ghouls and werewolves in the forests of the Holy Roman Empire, from tracking down diabolic cults in Rouen, to quests across the Holy Land for powerful relics that may save humanity, there is much work ahead of them.

The Deus Vult Games Master’s Story Guide will show you how to run an effective campaign for this setting using the Legend Core Rulebook, illustrate the alternative history of the latter part of the 12th Century, and give you all the tools you need to create your own adventures set across Europe and deep in the Holy Land.

From hunting ghouls and werewolves in the forests of the Holy Roman Empire, from tracking down diabolic cults in Rouen, to quests across the Holy Land for powerful relics that may save humanity, your players will have plenty to do. They will also encounter the witch-hunters and first stirrings of the Inquisition - both hate the Order your players serve with a passion, and there is a three-way power struggle stirring within the darkest parts of the Church for which is best placed to counter the supernatural...
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
auyl
Mongoose

Re: Deus Vult: Games Master's Story Guide - Now Available

Postby auyl » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Got my copy!
Check out Solace Games website here!
Check Solace Games out on Facebook here!
Prime_Evil
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Prime_Evil » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:13 am

It's a very nice reworking of the RMQII version - although I'm fairly certain that the map on p20 should have a Sanctum rather than a Scantum.

There is some stuff in there that should really be in the core rules such as the rules for designing new monsters. I also hope that generic versions of some of the spells will turn up in future Legend products - there's some good material that could be adapted for the upcoming Demonology book (hint, hint).
Judge Shaw
Stoat

Postby Judge Shaw » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:29 am

A little confused here. Is this an addition to the DV rpg, or a revised edition of the game?
strega
Banded Mongoose

Postby strega » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:32 am

Revised and updated from MRQII to Legend I think.
My Getting started with Legend file including a suggested starting adventure.

My Romano-British Game setting.
msprange
Site Admin

Postby msprange » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:48 am

Judge Shaw wrote:A little confused here. Is this an addition to the DV rpg, or a revised edition of the game?
A revision - bringing it up to Legend spec, and making a few tweaks in the background.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Judge Shaw
Stoat

Postby Judge Shaw » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:35 pm

So, other then the change from RQ to the Legend system what ekse was changed/updated?