Anthology?

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Anthology?

Postby alex_greene » Fri May 17, 2013 11:32 pm

I don't know if any of you are still using any of the free stuff I've made available on Basic Roleplaying Central and 4shared.

Creations - 4shared

Creations - BRP Central

Potions on 4shared

Potions - BRP Central

Reptilians on 4shared

Reptilians - BRP Central

Carbide Weapons on 4shared

Carbide Weapons on BRP Central

I wonder whether or not any of you would like all that material reissued as a single anthology, with whatever contents I've written updated for the new article.

I'm going to be a bit delayed coming up with The House On Five Road Corner and The Indigo Scarf due to certain parties now having hugely intensive duties which could take them away from performing the necessary layout tasks I would require to get camera-ready documents. So I'll have to look into getting my own DP sorted.

And the first thing I want to tackle, when I start seriously getting into DP, is an anthology of the freebies.

So. Opinions. What do you think?
Last edited by alex_greene on Sat May 18, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
DamonJynx
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: Anthology?

Postby DamonJynx » Sat May 18, 2013 5:16 am

I can still help with that, I just need to get these other two projects in hand!
Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at damonjynx.blogspot.com
Check out, The Blood Path available NOW!
Arcania of Legend available now!
Bedlam in Blackcliffe available now!
Prime_Evil
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Prime_Evil » Sat May 18, 2013 8:22 am

There's some good work in those freebies and an anthology would definitely be welcome.
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby alex_greene » Sat May 18, 2013 8:39 am

DamonJynx - that'd be cool. You've got a mighty load on your plate, and I'm as eager to see your breakout work for Mongoose as everybody here.

Prime_Evil: It'll give me a chance to update the articles slightly as well, and even to introduce new material.

By the way, I clean forgot to link to the carbide weapons articles. I've amended the original post above. Little-Known Fact: Those carbide weapons are inspired by the weapons of the Sandmen in Logan's Run, which were based on carbide technology.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
Prime_Evil
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Prime_Evil » Sat May 18, 2013 8:49 am

ha...next we'll be having magic items based on Soylent Green{/i]...

(Mmm...where DID you get these trail rations from...)
soltakss
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby soltakss » Sat May 18, 2013 10:16 pm

It would be good if they were converted to Legend, to take advantage of the OGL, and made into an anthology, but still remained compatible with BRP.

The Legend OGL is far better than Chaosium's BRP Licence, in my opinion.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/index.html
http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
Alternate Earth: http://alternateearthrq.soltakss.com/index.html
Prime_Evil
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Prime_Evil » Sat May 18, 2013 11:14 pm

soltakss wrote:The Legend OGL is far better than Chaosium's BRP Licence, in my opinion.
This is Legend's secret weapon - none of the other d100 games (with the exception of OpenQuest) make it so easy for third-party publishers to develop compatible material. I love BRP and think that RQ 6 has made some improvements to MRQ II /Legend, but neither of them offer such generous licensing terms.
Bilharzia
Weasel

Postby Bilharzia » Wed May 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Alex, your 4shared folder also seems to contain downloads for commercial Legend PDFs published by Mongoose.
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby alex_greene » Wed May 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Bilharzia wrote:Alex, your 4shared folder also seems to contain downloads for commercial Legend PDFs published by Mongoose.
You mean they're not set as private? I could've sworn they were set as private. I have them for me, in case my hard drive fails on me.
:x Do I have to go back and reset them every time? :roll:
Edit: Aw, fooh. Do I have to do them all? Again?