Re: The Spider God's Bride - Re-write DONE, FINISHED!

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
Prime_Evil
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Adv: Jewel of Khadim Bey

Postby Prime_Evil » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:42 am

Hey Wolf,

Does your work on SGB also include a new editorial pass over the text itself? I've just been reading the The Jewell of
Khadum Bey and noticed that certain sections of the text are written in the passive voice or have other minor grammatical issues.

Even the first paragraph of the adventure leads off in the passive voice - never a good sign:
There are discontented nobles in Zul-Bazzir who conspire against the padishah of Khazistan. In secret, torch-lit chambers deep beneath their marble-walled mansions, they scheme and plot to overthrow the great king’s governor, Khadim Bey and to seize control of Zul-Bazzir.
Whispers of treason have reached the bey’s ears but as yet the traitors remain nameless and unknown. To aid the governor, the padishah has sent a personal agent to Zul-Bazzir, to help infiltrate and identify the disloyal nobles.
Through their own spies in the governor’s palace and harem, the scheming nobles know that the royal agent has arrived from Khazabad, posing as a lowly captain of a cavalry squad. To avoid revealing themselves, the rebel nobles need outsiders to assassinate the royal agent and try to set up the player adventurers to do so.
I'm not a professional editor or anything, but to put my money where my mouth is, I'd probably rework the text like this:
Discontented nobles conspire against the Padishah of Khazistan in Zul-Bazzir. They scheme to overthrow the great king’s governor, Khadim Bey, and seize control of Zul-Bazzir in secret, torch-lit chambers beneath their marble-walled mansions.
Whispers of treason have reached the bey’s ears but as yet the traitors remain nameless. The Padishah has dispatched a personal agent to Zul-Bazzir to aid the governor by infiltrating the conspiracy and identifying the disloyal nobles.
Through their own spies in the governor’s palace and harem, the scheming nobles know the royal agent has arrived from Khazabad, posing as a lowly captain of a cavalry squad. To avoid revealing themselves, the rebel nobles need outsiders to assassinate the royal agent and try to manipulate the player adventurers into doing so.
In this sample, I've eliminated the passive voice, removed some repetion, and capitalised the word Padishah because it's a royal titles and the text is referring to a specific holder of the title.

I know that this is all fairly minor stuff and that it is probably too late to alter the text itself, but I just can't help being a grammar nazi even when I'm reading somebody else's work....it's an illness.... :lol:
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:53 am

I think the book needs a solid editorial pass and I'll be suggesting that to Matt when I'm done. I can only fix the NPCs and so on, not the text, unless it pertains to an NPC or monster (and so on). Otherwise it'd be a huge pain in the neck for layout to deal with.

As is, I'm providing the fixed NPC files and monsters by page number as they appear in the pdf of SGB.

Unless I write a whole new chapter (as I did with magic and the cults chapters) I'm limited to what I can fix in terms of the adventures themselves.
"There are some things best left unsaid, many things best left unknown!"

Current Project -- Legend: Sheoloth

Darren W. Pearce - Amazon Author Page

Drivethru RPG
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Ooze loves you baby?
Enveloping Ooze
Dice Average 1D20 Hit Location AP/HP
STR 1D6 3 1–20 Body 0/15
CON 3D6 11
SIZ 6D6 21
INT 1 1
POW 3D6 11
DEX 1D6 3
CHA 1 1

Combat Actions 1 Armour: None
Damage Modifier +0
Magic Points 11 Traits: None
Movement 1m
Strike Rank +2 Common Skills: Athletics 6%, Evade 6%, Perception 12%, Persistence 22%, Resilience 22%, Stealth 4%.
Advanced Skills: Track 35%

Weapons
Type Range Size Reach Damage AP/HP
Envelop - M M 8 (Acid) As for Body
Combat Styles
Tentacle Ooze (Envelop): 100%
An Enveloping Ooze attacks by moving next to its intended victim and attempting to envelop him. This attack has a base 100% chance of success, though the victim may use his Evade skill or his Athletics skill to jump out of the way. Using Athletics rather than Evade results in the skill test being Difficult rather than Routine. An Enveloping Ooze’s attack may not be parried – the creature will simply slide around the parrying weapon to engulf its foe. An Enveloping Ooze will wrap itself around one of its victim’s hit locations.
Once an Enveloping Ooze has enmeshed a victim, it will attempt to hang on and continue to inflict acid damage, with every intent of dissolving and consuming its victim. Every round a creature’s hit location is enmeshed by an Enveloping Ooze, that creature will take eight points of acid damage to that location. Armour will protect against this damage until it is dissolved by the Ooze. A character caught by an Enveloping Ooze may attempt to escape by making another Routine Evade or Difficult Athletics skill test.
I polished this one up a bit and checked the numbers mostly. It didn't need a massive amount of work.

Drivethru RPG
RangerDan
Mongoose

Postby RangerDan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Prime_Evil wrote:Hey Wolf,

Does your work on SGB also include a new editorial pass over the text itself? I've just been reading the The Jewell of
Khadum Bey and noticed that certain sections of the text are written in the passive voice or have other minor grammatical issues.
I think that the text you quoted is pretty much copy-pasted from the d20 version, which you would expect from a conversion. Seeing as d20 author Morten Braten is officially the author of the Legend version as well, I don't know if Mongoose is even allowed to alter 'non-mechanical' text.

Having said that, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that grammatical errors are probably not on the top of Darren's and/or Matt's priority list for SGB :-)
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Only where they're part of the monster or NPC description, which can be altered in some cases. Morten is the author, though there are numerous authors who did work on the book and converted all of the d20 mechanics to Legend.

I'm down as the Developer, since I did the very final final conversion. I was the brave soul who said he'd tackle the adventures and Legend system in those adventures. Now I get to play with the NPCs and Monsters - whereas it might have been better if I had been able to rebuild all of them from scratch.

I have been asked to look at another Xoth thing, but I'm the sole-conversion author on that, so expect it will be done in the same vein as the re-written SGB.

Drivethru RPG
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby warlock1971 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:04 pm

The Wolf wrote:Only where they're part of the monster or NPC description, which can be altered in some cases. Morten is the author, though there are numerous authors who did work on the book and converted all of the d20 mechanics to Legend.

I'm down as the Developer, since I did the very final final conversion. I was the brave soul who said he'd tackle the adventures and Legend system in those adventures. Now I get to play with the NPCs and Monsters - whereas it might have been better if I had been able to rebuild all of them from scratch.

I have been asked to look at another Xoth thing, but I'm the sole-conversion author on that, so expect it will be done in the same vein as the re-written SGB.
That is great news, Darren. I really like the way you have tackled this project and would definitely buy the next Xoth book, if converted to Legend (by you).
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Thank you :)

Drivethru RPG
Prime_Evil
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Prime_Evil » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 am

The Wolf wrote:I have been asked to look at another Xoth thing, but I'm the sole-conversion author on that, so expect it will be done in the same vein as the re-written SGB.
Congratulations...This is great news!

Any idea when we will learn what's next for Xoth?

Also, if you get a chance check out Morten's Ancient Mesopotamia sourcebook from Necromancer Games. It's still available in PDF format and is full of swords & sorcery goodness in the same vein as Xoth...
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:00 am

It has something to do with a song, without giving too much away.

Drivethru RPG
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:54 am

Abu Khafi, Tavern-Owner and Lotus-Trader
Male Jairanian
Value 1D20 Hit Location AP/HP
STR 14 1-3 Right Leg -/5
CON 10 4-6 Left Leg -/5
SIZ 12 7-9 Abdomen –/6
INT 13 10-12 Chest -/7
POW 13 13-15 Right Arm -/4
DEX 18 16-18 Left Arm –/4
CHA 14 19-20 Head –/5

Combat Actions 3 Armour: Silk Clothing. No Armour Penalty.
Damage Modifier +1D2
Magic Points 13 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +16 Common Skills: Athletics 32%, Brawn 26%, Culture (Own) 76%, Dance 32%, Drive 31%, Evade 86%, Evaluate 87%, First Aid 31%, Influence 88%, Insight 71%, Lore (Regional) 96%, Perception 81%, Persistence 71%, Resilience 70%, Ride 61%, Sing 27%, Sleight 82%, Stealth 81%, Swim 24%, Unarmed 42%
Advanced Skills: Courtesy 77%, Craft (Poisons) 76%, Craft (Domestic) 71%, Language (Native) 82%, Lore (Alchemy) 76%, Mechanisms 71%, Streetwise 77%
Weapons
Curved Dagger - S S 1D4+1 Bleed 6/8
Combat Styles
Scorpion’s Sting (Curved Dagger, Dart, Light crossbow): 78%
Possessions: Fine clothing, exquisite curved dagger, two doses of large scorpion venom, keys to all doors in house, 99 sp.
Description: Shaven-headed, with a well-oiled beard and a sly grin to match. Abu is a native of Jairan to the west, and so are most of his staff. He wears fine quality silken clothing.
Tactics: If forced to fight, Abu positions himself so as to gain flanking and moves to stealthily attack with his poisoned dagger.
Venom: (See Knife of the Necromancer Page XX)
I wanted to make this guy quite nimble, pretty nasty if you let him hide and play stab with your back. He's one of the major antagonists from the adventure and he has a few alchemical tricks/crafts in the d20 adventure which were not reflected in the previous stat-block for him.

KHAAAAN!!!!
Melik Khan, Cavalry General and Secret Slave of the Silver Lotus
Male Khazistani
STR 16 1-3 Right Leg 2/6
CON 14 4-6 Left Leg 2/6
SIZ 15 7-9 Abdomen 5/7
INT 13 10-12 Chest 5/8
POW 12 13-15 Right Arm 5/5
DEX 12 16-18 Left Arm 5/5
CHA 12 19-20 Head –/6

Combat Actions 2 Armour: Chain Shirt, Hard Leather leggings. -5 Armour Penalty.

Damage Modifier +1D4
Magic Points 12 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +12 (+8 when armoured) Common Skills: Athletics 28%, Brawn 31%, Culture (Own) 86%, Dance 54%, Drive 44%, Evade 79%, Evaluate 65%, First Aid 25%, Influence 89%, Insight 55%, Lore (Regional) 96%, Perception 75%, Persistence 64%, Resilience 78%, Ride 84%, Sing 34%, Sleight 24%, Stealth 25%, Swim 30%, Unarmed 68%
Advanced Skills: Courtesy 75%, Language (Native) 95%, Lore (Tactics) 91%, Survival 66%
Weapons
Combat Styles
Cavalry General (Scimitar, Spear): 88%
Possessions: Chainmail, leather leggings, fine quality scimitar, 91 sp.
Description: Middle-aged, bald-headed, with haggard eyes and a drooping moustachio, Melik Khan appearance is slowly starting to take on the look of a lotus-addict. Even so, he is a wealthy and influential man, and he commands several cavalry companies.
Tactics: Although weakened by age and drugs, the general is still a formidable foe when armed with his weapon of choice, the scimitar.
That concludes the NPC fixes for Khadim-Bey!
Last edited by The Wolf on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drivethru RPG
Prime_Evil
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Prime_Evil » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 am

There...I fixed that for you:

KHAAAAN!!!!
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Adv: Eidolon of the Ape

Postby The Wolf » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:35 am

The next adventure is the Eidolon of the Ape. I can see right now the Savage Apes will need a fix and so will all the NPCs. Expect the cult to be drawn directly from the Simatala Cult in the cults chapter and the final bad guy will be toting quite a few of the cult's spells, including a spell which allows him to change into an ape as he's the High Priest after all.

He won't be a pushover.

Drivethru RPG
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Adv: Eidolon of the Ape

Postby The Wolf » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Throttle people in the name of the Great Ape!
Ranuga, the Master Strangler
Male Bhangari

STR 18 1-3 Right Leg -/6
CON 12 4-6 Left Leg -/6
SIZ 15 7-9 Abdomen -/7
INT 13 10-12 Chest -/8
POW 15 13-15 Right Arm -/5
DEX 16 16-18 Left Arm -/5
CHA 16 19-20 Head -/6

Combat Actions 3 Armour: Robe. No Armour Penalty.

Damage Modifier +1D4
Magic Points 15 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +15 Common Skills: Athletics 67%, Brawn 49%, Culture (Own) 80%, Dance 32%, Drive 31%, Evade 72%, Evaluate 69%, First Aid 29%, Influence 72%, Insight 28%, Lore (Regional) 76%, Perception 48%, Persistence 60%, Resilience 59%, Ride 31%, Sing 31%, Sleight 32%, Stealth 29%, Swim 30%, Unarmed 69%
Advanced Skills: Courtesy 69%, Culture (Apes) 66%, Language (Native) 79%, Lore (Simatala rituals) 75%, Lore (Tactics) 61%, Manipulation 68%, Meditation 70%, Oratory 61%, Sorcery 71%, Survival 67%, Teaching 69%, Track 65%
Grimoire (Call of Simatala): Damage Enhancement, Dominate (Apes), Enhance (STR), Palsy, Wrack

Weapons
Unarmed - M M 1D3 As Arms
Quarterstaff - M L 1D8 Stun Location 4/8
Combat Styles
Power of Simatala (Great Club, Quarterstaff, Garrotte): 69%
Possessions: Green silk robe, black turban, quarterstaff, two gold rings (worth 100 sp each), monkey-shaped talisman on golden chain (worth 50 sp).
Description: Clad in voluminous Eastern robes of the finest silk and a black turban, Ranuga sports a goatee and a perpetual smirk on his handsome face. Despite the teachings of the cult, Ranuga is vain and enjoys material pleasures. The acolytes fear him, perhaps even more than the high priest.
Tactics: Ranuga prefers to stay back and let his underlings fight, although he quickly steps in if opposition seems stiff, for failing to deal with intruders would limit his chance of advancement in the cult.
Ape ATTACK!

The Savage Apes were pretty much broken, so I left the stats as-is and fixed the skill list for them. I gave them the Ape Attack combat style, because well, APE ATTACK!
Savage Ape
STR 6D6+15 36 1–2 Right Hind Leg 3/8
CON 2D6+6 13 3–4 Left Hind Leg 3/8
SIZ 4D6+12 26 5–7 Hindquarters 3/9
INT 7 7 8–10 Forequarters 3/10
POW 3D6 11 11–13 Right Front Leg 3/7
DEX 3D6+3 14 14–16 Left Front Leg 3/7
CHA 7 7 17–20 Head 3/8

Combat Actions 2 Armour: Skin, muscle, hair. No Armour Penalty.
Damage Modifier +2D6
Magic Points 11 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +11 Common Skills: Athletics 59%, Brawn 67%, Evade 42%, Perception 49%, Persistence 43%, Resilience 50%, Stealth 41%, Unarmed 62%
Advanced Skills: Acrobatics 59%, Survival 60%, Track 72%
Weapons
Bite - M T 1D8 As Head
Unarmed - M L 1D3 As Arms
Grapple - M M Special (See below) As Arms
Combat Styles
Ape Attack (Bite, Fist, Grapple): 67%

Special Rules

If the grapple attack succeeds, the Games Master should resolve combat normally using the grapple rules from the Legend: Core Rulebook. Savage apes will always attempt to inflict pain on any creature they are grappling.

Notes

Savage apes are quite large creatures, with strength in excess of what might be expected even from their massive frames. Apes are naturally quadrupeds, but are also comfortable walking and standing on their hind legs. Savage apes are primarily vegetarian, though they often supplement their diet with insects and the occasional small animal. They are most often found in small family groups led by an old silverback male.

Drivethru RPG
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: The Spider God's Bride - Adv: Crypt Thing of Khorsul!

Postby The Wolf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 am

So as of today we're on the Crypt Thing of Khorsul. This adventure marks the half-way point in the fixes of Spider God's Bride's adventure NPCs and Monsters. I'd like to thank everyone for bearing with me as I plough my way through this monumental task and attempt to provide everyone with a fun set of adventures and source material to add a spin to any S&S campaign.

From the boar (which needed fixing) to the crypt thing itself, this is going to be an interesting set of changes since the one antagonist is a necromancer/sorcerer and as he stands - he's not at all capable of offering a challenge to any Legend character.

That's going to change right now!

Darren
Lord Numas, Master of the Estate
Male Taraamite
STR 14 1-3 Right Leg -/5
CON 12 4-6 Left Leg -/5
SIZ 13 7-9 Abdomen -/6
INT 16 10-12 Chest -/7
POW 14 13-15 Right Arm -/4
DEX 14 16-18 Left Arm -/4
CHA 14 19-20 Head -/5

Combat Actions 3
Armour: Noble Clothes. No Armour Penalty.
Damage Modifier +1D2
Magic Points 14 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +15 Common Skills: Athletics 28%, Brawn 27%, Culture (Own) 82%, Dance 28%, Drive 28%, Evade 68%, Evaluate 70%, First Aid 30%, Influence 68%, Insight 55%, Lore (Regional) 87%, Perception 60%, Persistence 68%, Resilience 54%, Ride 28%, Sing 28%, Sleight 28%, Stealth 30%, Swim 26%, Unarmed 38%
Advanced Skills: Courtesy 69%, Craft (Bone carving) 60%, Healing 50%, Language (Native) 80%, Lore (Undead) 87%, Manipulation 70%, Meditation 55%, Oratory 58%, Seduction 60%, Sorcery (Breath of Undeath) 77%, Teaching 50%
Grimoire (Breath of Undeath):Animate (Dead flesh), Attract (Magic), Banish, Damage Resistance, Diminish (CON), Hinder, Palsy, Spirit Resistance, Wrack
50% Chance: Bone Dance (New spell)

Weapons
Bastard Sword - M M 1D8+1 Bleed, Impale 4/12
1D10
Combat Styles
Fake Fighting Man (Bastard Sword, 1-H Sword, Dagger): 63%
Possessions: Noble’s clothes, bastard sword, two gold rings (worth 100 sp each).
Description: Lord Numas is middle-aged, but still handsome, tall and regal. He wears a purple cloak of Ghazorite wool and always carries his heirloom sword in his belt, to keep up the appearance that he is a fighting-man rather than a spellcaster.
Tactics: Numas has not yet mastered many directly offensive spells, so he prefers to stay away from melee, relying on his intimidating presence to avoid opponents.
New Magic: Bone Dance
Concentration, Resist (Resilience)
The Necromancer Oloth Dai developed this powerful spell many thousands of years ago, it was thought lost to the vaults of time and buried in the ruin of the wizard’s lair. It has been found again and discovered to the detriment of all. The spell appears written on the body of a deceased human male (30 years old) and his preserved skin is inked with the ritual in full. It takes seven full moons for the sorcerer to understand the ritual written on the skin. By the end of the lunar period the sorcerer must make a successful Routine Persistence test or lose 1 point of INT as the spell’s complexity eludes him.
Once the sorcerer understands the spell it appears upon his body as a form of tattoo. He can now remember the spell perfectly.
The sorcerer can target a victim with a maximum CON of three times the spell’s Intensity. If the target fails to resist, each Combat Action they take damage equal to half the Intensity of the spell directly to each location (ignoring armour). Once every location has been reduced to a Major Wound, then the victim’s skeleton rips free of the body in a spectacular manner leaving the skin and organs to drop to the floor.
The skeleton is treated as a typical Legend skeleton though it can obey complex instructions and is completely loyal to the caster.
Bone Dance is a spell I have played with for years and years in one way/shape/form or another. It first turned up in a short S&S story I wrote. I based this variant off the Heart Rip spell from Blood Magic.
Last edited by The Wolf on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drivethru RPG
Bifford
Banded Mongoose

Postby Bifford » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Is it just me or does no one in SGB know what armour is........??
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:25 pm

That's because you probably haven't seen the guards and city guards who are clad in various kinds of armours. Many of the sorcerers and cultists are described by Morten (in his adventures) as without armour. Swords and Sorcery in terms of cultists and sorcerers is traditionally low on armour and there are plenty of examples of this in other media. I tend to only post the interesting/sorcerous characters because they were the ones which were really broken.

However people like the guards are usually armed and armoured to the teeth.
Zaltutim, Mercenary Captain
Male Susrahnite
STR 18 1-3 Right Leg -/6
CON 12 4-6 Left Leg -/6
SIZ 15 7-9 Abdomen -/7
INT 12 10-12 Chest 6/8
POW 10 13-15 Right Arm -/5
DEX 16 16-18 Left Arm -/5
CHA 10 19-20 Head -/6

Combat Actions 3
Armour: Breastplate. -3 Armour Penalty.
Damage Modifier +1D4
Magic Points 10 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +14 (+11 when armoured) Common Skills: Athletics 34%, Brawn 73%, Culture (Own) 74%, Dance 26%, Drive 26%, Evade 77%, Evaluate 42%, First Aid 28%, Influence 50%, Insight 32%, Lore (Regional) 84%, Perception 72%, Persistence 50%, Resilience 84%, Ride 56%, Sing 20%, Sleight 26%, Stealth 48%, Swim 30%, Unarmed 64%
Advanced Skills: Courtesy 62%, Gambling 42%, Language (Native) 72%, Lore (Tactics) 79%, Streetwise 55%, Survival 52%
Weapons
Scimitar - M M 1D8 Bleed 6/10
Sushranite Bow 90m H - 1D8+1 Impale 4/8
Combat Styles
Numas’ Captain (Scimitar, Bow (any), Dagger, 2-H Sword): 74%
Possessions: Breastplate, scimitar, Susrahnite longbow, 30 arrows, 45 sp.
Description: Zaltutim is the leader of a mercenary company and Numas’ current right-hand man. He was ever in the shadow of Iskander, Numas’ former favourite, and looks forward to getting his revenge on the man now that he has fallen out with Numas.
Tactics: Zaltutim’s tactics are simple. Like his fellow mercenaries, he attempts to take down as many opponents as possible with his bow first, then leaps into melee with his scimitar.
Zaltutim is described by Morten as having a Breastplate only. His soldiers are clad in studded leather without helmets.
Mercenary Guards
Male Susrahnite (20 total)

STR 16 1-3 Right Leg 2/6
CON 12 4-6 Left Leg 2/6
SIZ 14 7-9 Abdomen 2/7
INT 10 10-12 Chest 2/8
POW 10 13-15 Right Arm 2/5
DEX 14 16-18 Left Arm 2/5
CHA 10 19-20 Head -/6

Combat Actions 3 Armour: Studded Leather. -3 Armour Penalty.
Damage Modifier +1D2
Magic Points 13 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +12 (+9 when armoured) Common Skills: Athletics 40%, Brawn 50%, Culture (Own) 60%, Dance 24%, Drive 24%, Evade 58%, Evaluate 50%, First Aid 24%, Influence 50%, Insight 20%, Lore (Regional) 60%, Perception 40%, Persistence 40%, Resilience 44%, Ride 24%, Sing 20%, Sleight 24%, Stealth 24%, Swim 28%, Unarmed 40%
Advanced Skills: Acrobatics 50%, Courtesy 62%, Gambling 33%, Language (Native) 70%, Lore (Tactics) 50%, Streetwise 40%, Survival 42%, Track 32%
Weapons
Combat Styles
Mercenary Trained (Scimitar, Sushranite Bow, 1-H Sword): 60%
Possessions: Studded leather, scimitar, Susrahnite longbow, 30 arrows, 1d8 sp.
Description: These are mercenary warriors from the Susrahnite city-states to the south. They are dressed in a variety of styles, reflecting their individual natures.
Tactics: The guards use their bows to wear down opponents before they close with their swords.
Edit: fixed.
Last edited by The Wolf on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drivethru RPG
tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby tarkhan bey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey there Wolf, there's a couple of glitches in the these new characters.

Zalutim wears Plate which should be 6Ap. This may mean a -3 Armour modifier.Also, Breastplate is only one location.

Lord Numas only has seven percent in his Sorcery(Grimoire)? As an advanced skill, should it not be at a bare minimum of Int x2(32%)?

Still doing a great job on this and I look forward to the revised edition becoming available for purchase. :)
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Should be 77% for Numas (which I'll fix and bold in the thread), thanks for the spot. As for the breastplate, that's been revised since I posted the stats up, thanks again for the spot though! I had cut-pasted the template from the previous document, so the armour locations were messed up and the wrong armour numbers were down.

I always do a second pass on the document once I'm done with it, so I'd have spotted that was missing. It helps having another pair of eyes though honestly.

Cheers :)

Drivethru RPG
tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby tarkhan bey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Zalutim's mercs should only have two CA as well. :)
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:54 pm

I see the problem :) I had posted up the wrong stats :)
Mercenary Guards
Male Susrahnite (20 total)

STR 16 1-3 Right Leg 2/6
CON 12 4-6 Left Leg 2/6
SIZ 14 7-9 Abdomen 2/7
INT 10 10-12 Chest 2/8
POW 10 13-15 Right Arm 2/5
DEX 14 16-18 Left Arm 2/5
CHA 10 19-20 Head -/6

Combat Actions 2 Armour: Studded Leather. -3 Armour Penalty.
Damage Modifier +1D2
Magic Points 10 Traits: None
Movement 8m
Strike Rank +12 (+9 when armoured) Common Skills: Athletics 40%, Brawn 50%, Culture (Own) 60%, Dance 24%, Drive 24%, Evade 58%, Evaluate 50%, First Aid 24%, Influence 50%, Insight 20%, Lore (Regional) 60%, Perception 40%, Persistence 40%, Resilience 44%, Ride 24%, Sing 20%, Sleight 24%, Stealth 24%, Swim 28%, Unarmed 40%
Advanced Skills: Acrobatics 50%, Courtesy 62%, Gambling 33%, Language (Native) 70%, Lore (Tactics) 50%, Streetwise 40%, Survival 42%, Track 32%
Weapons
Combat Styles
Mercenary Trained (Scimitar, Sushranite Bow, 1-H Sword): 60%
Possessions: Studded leather, scimitar, Susrahnite longbow, 30 arrows, 1d8 sp.
Description: These are mercenary warriors from the Susrahnite city-states to the south. They are dressed in a variety of styles, reflecting their individual natures.
Tactics: The guards use their bows to wear down opponents before they close with their swords.
That should have been their stat-block from my master document. I'm using an Excel sheet with most of the calculations done automatically, though in this case I'd not changed the CA on my document...came back after lunch, changed it, and then forgot to update the thread.
The Crypt-Thing of Khorsul
Undying Creation of Numas (blood wight)

STR 10D6 35 1-3 Right Leg -/9
CON 5D6+30 48 4-6 Left Leg -/9
SIZ 30 30 7-9 Abdomen -/10
INT 5 5 10-12 Chest -/11
POW 5D6 18 13-15 Right Arm -/8
DEX 2D6 7 16-18 Left Arm -/8
19-20 Head -/9

Combat Actions 1 Armour: None. No Armour Penalty.
Damage Modifier +2D6
Magic Points 18 Traits: Formidable Natural Weapons, Life Sense
Movement 6m
Strike Rank +6 Skills: Athletics 42%, Evade 14% , Perception 23%, Persistence 36%, Resilience 96%, Stealth 45%, Unarmed 42%, Track 53%

Weapons
Claw - M M 1D4 As Arms
Engulf - L T Special As Body
Combat Styles
Wight’s Cold (Claw): 52%
Engulfing Mass (Engulf): 100%
Tactics: A blood wight enters combat slashing with its claws. Given a chance, it grabs the closest opponent and engulfs it, holding it inside its body until it drowns. Drowned foes are ejected from the blood wight’s body into a heap on the ground (the blood wight later devours any creature it kills). A blood wight’s natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Attacks that hit an engulfing blood wight deal half their damage to the monster and half to the trapped victim. An engulfed victim must hold its breath as long as it remains trapped or begin to drown (see the Legend Core Rulebook for the rules on drowning). A trapped victim can break free with a successful Difficult Unarmed skill test. A blood wight’s body can engulf 30 SIZ worth of opponents.
Special: A blood wight is a very dangerous creation, and thus it cannot truly be killed until its creator (Numas) has been dealt with. Until then, it will regenerate fully regardless of the damage done to it...it will find a way out of rockfalls, climb up sheer cliffs to get out of ravines and pull itself back together if dismembered. It takes 2D4 Rounds to regenerate back to full health.

Drivethru RPG