World of Xoth

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
robyn
Weasel

World of Xoth

Postby robyn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:45 pm

I really don't want to upset Mongoose so i am hoping posting this info is acceptable. There is some background and a colour map of the world of Xoth in a free download from this website www.ironthronepublishing.com. You have to register and then you can download an rpg called Blade of the Iron Throne. Not intending to plug the game system or anything like that, but it includes a rather nifty colour map of Xoth and some background stuff which would greatly enhances everyone's enjoyment of The Spider God's Bride. Which by the way is the finest rpg supplemet i have seen for a very long time.
RangerDan
Mongoose

Re: World of Xoth

Postby RangerDan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:04 am

I had downloaded the free version robyn, now it seems those guys are running a kickstarter for a more professionally arted version of their Blade of the Iron Throne game (I won't link to it cause, you know, different game company).
It's a little confusing at first glance with the prices/printing/etc but it looks like pdf for $22, softcover for $33 and hardcover for $59.
I think I will participate for the Xoth stuff, art and general Sword 'n Sorcery goodness alone - the system is not really my thing, much prefer RQ :-P
Just posting this in the spirit of SnS/Xoth fandom, hope it doesn't offend the Mongoose troopers.
The Wolf
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby The Wolf » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:15 am

The Legend version of Spider God's Bride had some issues - I'm hard at work fixing the last of those now robyn. I am not sure on Mongoose's position re: other company adverts on their forum, but I am sure someone will come along if they need to.

Back to SGB.
"There are some things best left unsaid, many things best left unknown!"

Current Project -- Legend: Sheoloth

Darren W. Pearce - Amazon Author Page

Drivethru RPG
tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby tarkhan bey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:59 am

I downloaded this as well. I was a little surprised to find Xoth in it.

Don't want to hijack this thread but, I have written the meat and bones of an adventure on the world of Xoth called 'The Shadow of a Ragged King'.
Currently working on the City of Dipur, it's characters, factions and locations. Have more or less completed the Oasis(and fort) at Yirlat as well as the unearthed ruins of the city of Akharon as well as a plot outline and sixteen blocks of statistics(including 10 complete npc's with backgrounds and motivations).
Just thirteen more npc's, a half dozen mook blocks and a handful of locations to go... :roll:

I'm gonna pm a few guys on here for some advice on layout, editing etc. and hope to be able to reveal it in all it's glory soon. :)
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby warlock1971 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:37 am

tarkhan bey wrote:I downloaded this as well. I was a little surprised to find Xoth in it.

Don't want to hijack this thread but, I have written the meat and bones of an adventure on the world of Xoth called 'The Shadow of a Ragged King'.
Currently working on the City of Dipur, it's characters, factions and locations. Have more or less completed the Oasis(and fort) at Yirlat as well as the unearthed ruins of the city of Akharon as well as a plot outline and sixteen blocks of statistics(including 10 complete npc's with backgrounds and motivations).
Just thirteen more npc's, a half dozen mook blocks and a handful of locations to go... :roll:

I'm gonna pm a few guys on here for some advice on layout, editing etc. and hope to be able to reveal it in all it's glory soon. :)
Sounds very cool! Hope to see this sometime soon.
Dan True
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dan True » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:14 pm

The PDF has been removed from the site.
Check out my RuneQuest 6 blog!. It now has an adventure idea generator :)

Author of the Eberron for Legend/MRQ2 conversion:
http://runequill.com/files/Eberron_Legend.pdf