Elric Runes on other planes...

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
DamonJynx
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Elric Runes on other planes...

Postby DamonJynx » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 am

I've started back on my Elric campaign after a long lay off and I've transported they guy's to Tragic Millenium Europe, well before Hawkmoon's time. One of the guys has cast reflection at 4 MP. Currently they are in the tower of Voloidian Ghagnasdiak (which later will become the home of the Mad God) and he has set the winged apes against them. In the stories the apes can only be defeated by attacking them with their own weapons or by the 'three-who-are-one'.

Would it be fair for me to say that Rune Magic from the Young Kingdoms works at a much lower efficacy? i.e. his Reflection Rune will only reflect 1 attack? I don't want to nerf the magic completely, but they are struggling trying to figure out how to defeat these creatures (there is only 2) so I want them to see how to do it, but I don't want them to be able to defeat them without working for it.

Is that unreasonable?
Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at damonjynx.blogspot.com
Check out, The Blood Path available NOW!
Arcania of Legend available now!
Bedlam in Blackcliffe available now!
Da Boss
Chief Mongoose

Re: Elric Runes on other planes...

Postby Da Boss » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:14 pm

For me Tragic Millenium Earth was low Magic / high Tech (if no longer understood) - a Plane of higher Law than Chaos so magic being less effective was fine - its also how it worked in older Chaosim Supplements were players crossed over
Big Orc
Stoat

Postby Big Orc » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Chaosium's Hawkmoon RPG from the 80's limits sorcerors from the Young Kingdoms to only 10% of their magical skills when transported to the Tragic Millenium.

Hope this helps.
Listern, whatever is behind this door I can handle it....... aggggghhhhh
Olaus Petrus
Banded Mongoose

Postby Olaus Petrus » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:16 pm

First edition Elric of Melniboné Companion says that magical presence of the Tragic Millennium is 2 and all Young Kingdoms magic is reduced to quarter of it's efficiency. Hopefully this helps.
Last edited by Olaus Petrus on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DamonJynx
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby DamonJynx » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks for the replies gents.
Olaus Petrus wrote:First edition Elric of Melniboné Companion says that magical presence of the Tragic Millenium is 2 and all Young Kingdoms magic is reduced to quarter of it's efficiency. Hopefully this helps.
That's exactly what I was thinking and yes, all the replies are extremely helpful.
Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at damonjynx.blogspot.com
Check out, The Blood Path available NOW!
Arcania of Legend available now!
Bedlam in Blackcliffe available now!