Arcania of Legend: Blood Magic - PDF Now Available

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
Hopeless
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: Arcania of Legend: Blood Magic - PDF Now Available

Postby Hopeless » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Well I've asked my local shop to pre-order this and the Vikings of Legend might even at some point look at buying the spider god's bride but for now I'm afraid the Traveller 2300ad release will have to wait until I can get a better handle on Legend!

I wonder which of the two I mentioned above will hit the stores first?
Hopeless
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Hopeless » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Prime_Evil wrote:Hehe. Isn't it traditional that ambitious sorcerer-kings always come to a nasty end as a result of their own hubris?
Isn't that usually a reference to Conan?
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby alex_greene » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:19 pm

"H'mm. Note to self. Do not transmute into a snake next time. It ruins your sorcerer king cred."
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
Mikko Leho
Banded Mongoose

Postby Mikko Leho » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:14 pm

There is a thread about this release at theRPGSite with the author participating:

http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?t=22016
languagegeek
Mongoose

Postby languagegeek » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Hopeless wrote:
languagegeek wrote:
Hopeless wrote:Tempting have a game planned for this Sunday and this might be very useful though I'd rather wait and get it and the pdf thanks to bits and mortar mind you!
How does Mongoose's Bits and Mortar work?
I wait for it to show up on leisure games web site's list of new releases
That seems to be a Leisure-Games only thing. Typically Bits and Mortar is applied to games where the publisher offers a "PDF + Dead Tree" combo from their online store. To my knowledge, Mongoose hasn't done this with Blood Magic (or other Legend offerings).

For example, let's say I bought a copy of Blood Magic at my FLGS. I take a photograph of me holding the book and the receipt. I email the photograph to Mongoose. Would they send me a free PDF? That's how other Bits and Mortar purchases I've bought work.
Heresy is the life of a mythology, and orthodoxy is the death — J. Campbell
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:57 pm

I wasn't sure I wanted to get this particular book, since Blood-Magic has never been my thing, but after reading what else can be done with the book, I have purchased a copy.

Nice sell-job guys!
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.
sdavies2720
Banded Mongoose

Postby sdavies2720 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:47 pm

languagegeek wrote:
Hopeless wrote:
languagegeek wrote:How does Mongoose's Bits and Mortar work?
I wait for it to show up on leisure games web site's list of new releases
That seems to be a Leisure-Games only thing. Typically Bits and Mortar is applied to games where the publisher offers a "PDF + Dead Tree" combo from their online store. To my knowledge, Mongoose hasn't done this with Blood Magic (or other Legend offerings).

For example, let's say I bought a copy of Blood Magic at my FLGS. I take a photograph of me holding the book and the receipt. I email the photograph to Mongoose. Would they send me a free PDF? That's how other Bits and Mortar purchases I've bought work.
My local retailer used it for a similar book+pdf deal on Clockwork & Chivalry -- I bought the book through him and he got me the pdf from Bits & Mortar. I know he had to register with B&M and send some "I'm really a brick and mortar retailer" information before he got access. I didn't have to take a picture though!

I just preordered the pdf for Blood Magic from him, I should see if he can get me the pdf as well -- I'm not sure what the terms are for retailers.

Steve