Legend still seems to be doing well....

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
RangerDan
Mongoose
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Poland

Re: Legend still seems to be doing well....

Postby RangerDan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:58 am

tarkhan bey wrote:Spider God's Bride appears to have fallen into the same black hole as Rouen. :roll:
Indeed :( .
Like Rouen it's off the release schedule, though it seems Mongoose will still take your money if you want to pre-order it :shock:
I actually had this on my Christmas wishlist when it was still a December release...
My only hope is that the delay is because they're taking the time to really polish the product :wink:
msprange
Site Admin
Posts: 14757
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Re: Legend still seems to be doing well....

Postby msprange » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Update on 'missing' books!

Baileoisin: This was being discussed last week. The thing is, it really needs a Slaine book to work, for obvious reasons. However, the new Legend format makes a new Slaine RPG relatively attractive for us to do. Not in the full colour/Clint Langley style I wanted for a hardback, but a Slaine RPG nonetheless. Just need a writer, really...

Spider God's Bride: This book has been just plain unlucky. We have had three writers spiral out of doing this one. We have found a fourth, however, and it is back in the schedule (for a July release).

Rouen: This was to be Charlotte's debut as a sourecbook writer but (my fault) she has recently been buried with work, the fruits of which you will begin to see over the next few months. Looking for a writer on this one but, once found, should not be too long as much of the art has already been prepared and is standing by. Apologies for it still being on the site (now taken down), didn't realise it was still there.

We do, however, have a whole bunch of brand new Legend books that do _not_ have scheduling issues and are currently on track; Historia Rodentia is pretty much done and waiting for print, Secrets of the Steppe and Talons of Winter (new Elric titles) are currently on course, The Hoffman Legacy will keep Deus Vult fans going until Rouen comes back to us, the first Arcania of Legend (Blood Magic) appears in April - and may be a little early - and the first Cities of Legend pops up the month after. All through this, we will be bringing the classic range to the Legend format (such as Vikings, Pirates, and so forth).

Deepest apologies for the three titles above - we are working hard to bring them to you, despite some unforeseen issues popping up, while making sure they do not interrupt other titles people are waiting for.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Simulacrum
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Legend still seems to be doing well....

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 pm

And the next Age of Treason book is also on track - it should be delivered to Mongoose for print in late March.
Age of Treason: THE IRON COMPANION out now!
Check out the Age of Treason blog at http://www.draconianpress.net/ageoftreason
tneva82
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3133
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:08 pm

Re: Legend still seems to be doing well....

Postby tneva82 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:26 am

msprange wrote:All through this, we will be bringing the classic range to the Legend format (such as Vikings, Pirates, and so forth).
Any chance of Samurai one coming soon?-)
皆と友達ができませんが皆に友好的ができます

You can't be friend with everybody but you can be friendly to everybody
ryhopewood
Mongoose
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:28 am
Location: Ashby de-la Zouch, UK

Re: Legend still seems to be doing well....

Postby ryhopewood » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:29 am

msprange wrote:Update on 'missing' books!

Baileoisin: This was being discussed last week. The thing is, it really needs a Slaine book to work, for obvious reasons. However, the new Legend format makes a new Slaine RPG relatively attractive for us to do. Not in the full colour/Clint Langley style I wanted for a hardback, but a Slaine RPG nonetheless. Just need a writer, really...

Spider God's Bride: This book has been just plain unlucky. We have had three writers spiral out of doing this one. We have found a fourth, however, and it is back in the schedule (for a July release).

Rouen: This was to be Charlotte's debut as a sourecbook writer but (my fault) she has recently been buried with work, the fruits of which you will begin to see over the next few months. Looking for a writer on this one but, once found, should not be too long as much of the art has already been prepared and is standing by. Apologies for it still being on the site (now taken down), didn't realise it was still there.

We do, however, have a whole bunch of brand new Legend books that do _not_ have scheduling issues and are currently on track; Historia Rodentia is pretty much done and waiting for print, Secrets of the Steppe and Talons of Winter (new Elric titles) are currently on course, The Hoffman Legacy will keep Deus Vult fans going until Rouen comes back to us, the first Arcania of Legend (Blood Magic) appears in April - and may be a little early - and the first Cities of Legend pops up the month after. All through this, we will be bringing the classic range to the Legend format (such as Vikings, Pirates, and so forth).

Deepest apologies for the three titles above - we are working hard to bring them to you, despite some unforeseen issues popping up, while making sure they do not interrupt other titles people are waiting for.
Matt

I think the delays to this book may prove costly to establishing a new Legend fan base. As noted elsewhere the RPG fan base is getting older and with busy lives the games that will flourish will either be (a) pick up and play or (b) supported by adventures to keep the busy GM stocked with ideas and ready-to-run material. FATE, the current darling of RPGs, does well at (a), Pathfinder does well at (b), and arguably Savage Worlds a bit of (a) and (b). Legend is a great rules set but it is not pick up and play. It therefore needs adventures much more than reprints of GM source books that many of us have already brought once before. I think the Spider God book would have been great support material for Legend and I am deeply disappointed by the delay. Could we please have some ready to run adventures!

Thanks,

Ian
DrBargle
Stoat
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:08 pm
Location: Cardiff
Contact:

Re: Legend still seems to be doing well....

Postby DrBargle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 am

Signs and Portents is free to download, and stuffed with MRQII material. Loads of MRQII marerial is available for 63p per. pdf. And, beauty of RQ and d100 gaming, loads of older stuff is available that requires only the slightest conversion.
Marrethiel
Shrew
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:27 am
Location: South Australia

Re: Legend still seems to be doing well....

Postby Marrethiel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Simulacrum wrote:And the next Age of Treason book is also on track - it should be delivered to Mongoose for print in late March.
I'm looking forward to running this campagn soon!
Time is an illusion created by humanity to limit itself from its full potential.
Cargo Culture
Cub
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:09 am

Re: Legend still seems to be doing well....

Postby Cargo Culture » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Marrethiel wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:And the next Age of Treason book is also on track - it should be delivered to Mongoose for print in late March.
I'm looking forward to running this campagn soon!
My group is having a blast with it at the moment.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests