First Sign Ups for Wayfarer

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
Morgan d'Barganfore
Mongoose

Postby Morgan d'Barganfore » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Only just stumbled across this thread.. interesting news indeed.

Ok, if someone needs a proof reader for Wayfarer or Deus Vult, I'll volunteer.
daddystabz
Mongoose

Postby daddystabz » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:46 pm

I have a MRQ II face-to-face group going weekly here locally. If you need any proofreading or opinions or playtesting of anything I volunteer!
Exubae
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Exubae » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:19 pm

With the departure of Glorantha, I suppose it wont happen, but I kind of wish a form of mysticism had made it in to the core rules; the Dragon-Mystics were pretty cool.
The way the 'Mystic' cults function is pretty cool and makes a nice counterpoint to the other religions - especially useful in a more oriental setting.
tzunder
Stoat

Re: First Sign Ups for Wayfarer

Postby tzunder » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Xoth, Xoth, Xoth, Xoth!
8)
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby alex_greene » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Of course, since the game once hoped to be titled Wayfarer has now become Legend, I am waiting for a sourcebook about wild rover nomadic wanderer types who never settle down.

Wayfarers of Legend.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
Greg Smith
Warlord Mongoose

Postby Greg Smith » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:07 pm

And I would like to see a supplement about folklore and fables: Legends of Legend. :D
"Bringer of Warmth, Carrier of Carrion, Prophet of Dilgarness, Speaker of all thing Llort!"

Part-time Narn.

ACTA playtester
Victorious Grand Admiral
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby alex_greene » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:02 am

Ah, but these would be metagaming ...
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
BluSponge
Shrew

Postby BluSponge » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:56 am

holy snickies!!!

Tell you what, given the license that mongoose is putting up, you should start a kickstarter project for this one and do it third party style! I'd pitch in.

Tom
Prime_Evil
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Prime_Evil » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:25 am

BluSponge wrote:holy snickies!!!

Tell you what, given the license that mongoose is putting up, you should start a kickstarter project for this one and do it third party style! I'd pitch in.

Tom
Sorry...I just moved my post to a separate topic on Legend Books That You'd Love to See as it didn't really fit here. My bad. :oops:

I suppose that it would be possible to do a Magic of Legend book as a third-party publication, but so many of the ideas in it are applicable to a wide range of campaign styles and I feel that it would be more useful as a core book. Also, it would be better to build upon the existing material published by Mongoose...but most of this stuff won't be released as OGC under the Legend license. Some of this material deserves a broader audience than it has received to date - lots of people who aren't interested in Wraith Recon aren't aware that Spellcom includes some very cool expansions to the RQ II magic system that could easily be made more generic . Why re-invent the wheel?