Cities of the YK

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
DamonJynx
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Cities of the YK

Postby DamonJynx » Fri May 27, 2011 3:44 am

For those interested, RPGDrive Thru has this book on sale for $5.00 US.
Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at damonjynx.blogspot.com
Check out, The Blood Path available NOW!
Arcania of Legend available now!
Bedlam in Blackcliffe available now!
danskmacabre
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby danskmacabre » Fri May 27, 2011 7:34 am

That's a bargain and it's a great sourcebook.
A very interesting campaign woven into it and even if you don't want to use that it has lot of miniplots to expand upon as well.

I already have the dead tree version tho. :)
Pendraig
Shrew

Postby Pendraig » Fri May 27, 2011 8:12 pm

I paid the full amount... but that's okay.

I am hoping to see the cities of the Young Kingdoms expand with further supplements ahem "Elwehr & Dhakos".
"The soldier knows little of philosophers but in him and in his deeds life expresses itself more profoundly than any book can"
- Ernst Junger
tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby tarkhan bey » Fri May 27, 2011 9:08 pm

I would love to see a Cities of the YK based on the western continent. In an earlier post, it was mentioned that several writers were interested in doing this.
It would be great if one of them would stick their head above the parapet and let us know what's happening.
I do know that another regular poster, who has had several submissions in S&P is considering penning a manuscript in the CotYK stylee (but not for the West). 8)
Start the clamour for it now. :)
(I know we'll probably have to wait until Wayfarer is on the shelves. :( )
DamonJynx
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby DamonJynx » Sat May 28, 2011 4:22 am

tarkhan bey wrote:I would love to see a Cities of the YK based on the western continent. In an earlier post, it was mentioned that several writers were interested in doing this.
It would be great if one of them would stick their head above the parapet and let us know what's happening.
I do know that another regular poster, who has had several submissions in S&P is considering penning a manuscript in the CotYK stylee (but not for the West). 8)
Start the clamour for it now. :)
(I know we'll probably have to wait until Wayfarer is on the shelves. :( )
I'd buy any source book for the YK.

I'm currently working on article for S&P, if I ever get that finished, submitted and accepted, I'll have a crack at a scenario and see what develops. Time is the killer for me.

taxboy
Banded Mongoose

Postby taxboy » Sat May 28, 2011 7:51 am

I already had this, but it made me look and buy the runequest 2 version of Elric.

I have now bought the original Micheal Morcock series for my ipad tonight so will read that as well - my read of the cities looks like a cool world and a bit easier on the brain that Glorantha.

People recommend this setting??
Welcome to our agreed reality
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Sat May 28, 2011 8:49 am

I am considering drafting up a Cities book using Nassea-Tiki, Dhoz-Kam, the City of the Yellow Coast (Which I've decided was once Hikach, the capital of Argimilar MM used in an old draft ) and the jungles of Soom.
Project on hold currently though, as the forthcoming Elric co-authored novel might be adding more material on some of these regions.:(
Not sure if it would ever see print, though it would certainly get run at my local club.

If no authors are penning anything on other Continents I would certainlty consider writing a pitch for a source book or campaign set in these locations.
I am hoping that that several more YK pieces of mine have enough merit to see print in S&P. I have penned two more pieces set in the far north of Elric's world and another concluding piece is well advanced.
JRW
DamonJynx
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby DamonJynx » Sat May 28, 2011 3:20 pm

taxboy wrote:People recommend this setting??
No hesitation in doing so. If you want down and dirty Swords and Sorcery this, IMO, is the place.

tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby tarkhan bey » Mon May 30, 2011 9:03 pm

@Havercake.
If your new pieces are as well written as 'The Children of Xiombarg' then I have no doubt they will see print in S&P at the very least.

Keep up the good work! :D

@Loz.
Assuming that you are still about the place.
I was just thinking that it would be really nice to see your previous work from 'Brilliant Things' about Cadsandria converted into a CotYK style writeup and submitted to S&P. What do you think, any chance?
:D

@Pete Nash
Also assuming that you may call in from time to time. Is it reasonable to assume that you will no longer be in charge of Wayfarer Hawkmoon? :cry:
Or, will you be doing it as a freelancer? :D
tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby tarkhan bey » Mon May 30, 2011 9:08 pm

@ Damonjynx

I totally agree, the EC titles are the best available Sword n' Sorcery currently on the market. It's just a pity that the Conan License isn't held by Mongoose. It is the only other game setting so far that has the correct gravitas( Afaic). Although, I have high hopes for Age of Treason as well. :D

Almost forgot Solomon Kane! :shock: :oops: Savage Worlds y'know.
DamonJynx
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby DamonJynx » Mon May 30, 2011 9:39 pm

tarkhan bey wrote:@ Damonjynx

I totally agree, the EC titles are the best available Sword n' Sorcery currently on the market. It's just a pity that the Conan License isn't held by Mongoose. It is the only other game setting so far that has the correct gravitas( Afaic). Although, I have high hopes for Age of Treason as well. :D

Almost forgot Solomon Kane! :shock: :oops: Savage Worlds y'know.
We're playing a bit of SW at the moment. It lives up to it's brief, Fast, Fun and Furious but lacks depth for me. I'll play it, but I won't run it. I'm firmly committed to the MRQ2 rule set.