Wayfarer

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
Deleriad
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Deleriad » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Dan True wrote:SpellCom has a table with realistic weapon penalties, based on range and size of the target. It this I mean to include in the core rules. - Dan
That would work. Actually Wraith Recon has some minor updates to how the rules work (e.g. Brawn skill) that really ought to be incorporated into TGFKARQII.
Dan True
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dan True » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Deleriad wrote:
Dan True wrote:SpellCom has a table with realistic weapon penalties, based on range and size of the target. It this I mean to include in the core rules. - Dan
That would work. Actually Wraith Recon has some minor updates to how the rules work (e.g. Brawn skill) that really ought to be incorporated into TGFKARQII.
Yep, I agree completely. Many good ideas have arisen since the core rulebook was written.

Wayfarer <= RuneQuest 2.5 ;)

- Dan
Check out my RuneQuest 6 blog!. It now has an adventure idea generator :)

Author of the Eberron for Legend/MRQ2 conversion:
http://runequill.com/files/Eberron_Legend.pdf
Vagni
Banded Mongoose

Postby Vagni » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:15 am

Well I disappear for a few weeks and look what's happened! :roll: :lol:

Own up! Who broke it! :?

Much as I love RuneQuest maybe dropping the name could be an advantage. The old timers like me can still mutter smugly 'it's still RuneQuest' and the newbies may well be attracted by the fact it's a 'new' game. So hopefully, best of both worlds.

Having seen so many versions of RQ under so many publishers rise and fall over the years I'm beginning to think the name is cursed anyway!

So I shall watch and wait with interest... :)
I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
PhilHibbs
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby PhilHibbs » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:32 am

Dan True wrote: Wayfarer <= RuneQuest 2.5 ;)
I'd rather it were just "RuneQuest 2.01".
Marrethiel
Shrew

Economics of Enchanting

Postby Marrethiel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:46 am

Verderer wrote:...One another thing about magic that might be problematic in a more generic setting is enchanted items (ie. Magic items) as described in Arms & Equipment. I seem to remember that you need to dedicate either POW or magic points to crete them? So this would seem a big sacrifice for the magic user, and how do you explain this mechanism in a setting, when +1 swords and rings of protection are common as mud? Have there have been hordes of magic item creating mages in times past, and they didn't mind handing these out like free candy, or what?
Actually yes, magic users do create them and hand them out.
"Artificer, my favourite knight is on a quest, see he is properly equipped."
"Yes your magisty."
Also, many fantasy worlds are ancient. If there are only 1000 item creators in a whole world that are making items in a 4000 year period that's a lot of +1 swords.
Another way to look at it is that many of the item creators will not be adventurers, after all time is a valuable thing to them. If you are a family man with a bit of magical talent, what better way to make an awesome living then to burn some POW every now and again. Also, if you consider that the artificer only ever needs to skill up on POW, enchanting skills and maybe a merchant skill, they can probably level those just by making progessively more challenging stuff.
Time is an illusion created by humanity to limit itself from its full potential.
Marrethiel
Shrew

Postby Marrethiel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:49 am

Vagni wrote:Well I disappear for a few weeks and look what's happened! :roll: :lol:

Own up! Who broke it! :?

Much as I love RuneQuest...
RQ is a great game, a friend calls it the game of limb lopping.
I still miss the original unbalanced and broken sorcery rules :twisted:
Time is an illusion created by humanity to limit itself from its full potential.
Morgan d'Barganfore
Mongoose

Postby Morgan d'Barganfore » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:38 pm

I'm looking forwards to see what Mongoose Matt & co bring out into Wayfarer. Although they're "leaving the rules untouched", I'm hoping the charge rules will get a formal clarification..