How many hours to play Blood of Orlanth?

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.

Moderator: lastbesthope

DigitalMage
Banded Mongoose

How many hours to play Blood of Orlanth?

Postby DigitalMage » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 pm

For those of you familiar with and / or who have run Blood of Orlanth, how many hours of gameplay does it take to play through it?

If for example, I were to run it for 3.5 hours per week how many sessions do you think it would take to complete? I am just trying to get any idea of the commitment I would be asking of potential players.
Deleriad
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: How many hours to play Blood of Orlanth?

Postby Deleriad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 pm

DigitalMage wrote:For those of you familiar with and / or who have run Blood of Orlanth, how many hours of gameplay does it take to play through it?

If for example, I were to run it for 3.5 hours per week how many sessions do you think it would take to complete? I am just trying to get any idea of the commitment I would be asking of potential players.

Depends a little on the detail you want to go into but I would estimate I spent about 15 sessions on it at around 3.5 hours per session.
DigitalMage
Banded Mongoose

Re: How many hours to play Blood of Orlanth?

Postby DigitalMage » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Deleriad wrote:Depends a little on the detail you want to go into but I would estimate I spent about 15 sessions on it at around 3.5 hours per session.

Cool, that sounds doable, even adding on 50% contingency so around 22 sessions that is still less than the last campaign I ran (D&D4e Eberron game) which went to 26 sessions.

Any others with experiences with this campaign? Is 52.5 hours typical?
Itto
Mongoose

Postby Itto » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:14 pm

I ran it in 4-5 very long sessions over the course of a year of mates turning up for the weekend to play. So its easily a solid 40 hours of gaming. I enjoyed running it, its a nice mixture of investigating, problem solving, myth and combat. Also I ran a couple of additional sessions based on the clan aftwards too. So plenty of bang for your buck.
Quick and easy NPCs.
www.runegoons.co.uk

Return to “Legend”