How much is a pint and other basic RQII questions

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
Radioactive Ape Colin
Mongoose

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Just a quick reminder to folks:

£1 = 20s. = 240d.

Now, the wages of soldiery during the ECW. Of course, pay was frequently months late, most often short (half pay was common) and sometimes didn't come at all. Revolts over lack of pay were common.

Common Soldier: 8d./day
Serjeant: 1s./day
Lieutenant: 4s./day
Captain: 12s./day
Chirurgeon: 4s/day
Colonel: £1 4s./day
Radioactive Ape Colin
Mongoose

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Cavalry Saddle: 16s. 6d.
Buff Coat: £1-£2+. Good ones were as much as £10!
Pair of Pistols, Wheellock: £3
Carbine, Wheellock: £1
Back and Breastplate: £1
Pot Helmet: £1
Munition-Quality Infantry Sword (i.e. very basic): 5s-6s.
Cavalry Sword (e.g. reasonable quality mortuary sword): 8s.
Last edited by Radioactive Ape Colin on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radioactive Ape Colin
Mongoose

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm

So, a nice basic conversion is based on the cost of a mortuary sword (200 SP) and also represents the cost of plate armour per location. Given that a musket or carbine in C&C costs 200 SP, that works out nicely compared to the firearm costs:

Sword: 175 SP
Mortuary Sword: 200 SP
Plate Armour per Location: 200 SP

Buff coats cover chest, both arms, and abdomen (4 locations) and soft leather costs 50 Sp per location, so by the MRQ2 rules as standard, such a Buff Coat costs 200 SP, which fits the comparative costings so far as-is.

So, the real needed change in terms of weapons/armour then is just an adjustment to plate, making it 200 SP per location instead of 1,200 SP per location. Everything else seems to line up pretty nicely.

Of course, that's only making arms/armour comparative. Things will need much more adjustment if you're going to start making all of the prices realistic compared to cmmon goods and incomes.

I've got more details if folks need them, but that should provide a solid start.

Colin
Khamulcalle
Banded Mongoose

Postby Khamulcalle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Nice stuff, thanks a bunch! :)
yori
Cub

Re: How much is a pint and other basic RQII questions

Postby yori » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:26 am

Verderer wrote:
Another thing, which also is more C&C specific, is armour prices. Would the standard prices listed in the corebooks be still relevant for 17th century? A price for a plate helmet sounds a bit high in my inexperiences ears. Looting armour seems to be a major opportunity to amass a fortune...

I have admit I was disappointed to see C&C went with the RQ pricing rather than the £1 = 20s. = 240d system. :(

Thanks for working these out Colin.
Radioactive Ape Colin
Mongoose

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:10 pm

You're welcome, mate. Thanks for taking a moment to let me know you find it useful; I really do appreciate it. Pop me an e-mail to colin@radioactiveapedesigns.com (that goes for you too, Khamulcalle) and I'll set you up with some free RPG vouchers via DriveThruRPG.

cheers!
Colin
Verderer
Mongoose

Postby Verderer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 am

To all who have contributed information to this thread, ie. Colin et al. Would it be alright to copy the information, and present a compilation at the newly created Clockwork&Chivalry subforum on the Cubicle 7 site? Credit would be given to the authors for their work, of course. Or if you could post the stuff there by yourself?

This is very useful info and plugs some serious holes that exist for the C&C player in the Equipment book. So I think it should be presented in that forum as well, right?
Radioactive Ape Colin
Mongoose

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Verderer wrote:To all who have contributed information to this thread, ie. Colin et al. Would it be alright to copy the information, and present a compilation at the newly created Clockwork&Chivalry subforum on the Cubicle 7 site? Credit would be given to the authors for their work, of course. Or if you could post the stuff there by yourself?

This is very useful info and plugs some serious holes that exist for the C&C player in the Equipment book. So I think it should be presented in that forum as well, right?
Be my guest. :)

Colin
Verderer
Mongoose

Postby Verderer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 am

Excellent, thanks Colin! And I hope Dan and ultor are ok with it too? I could always PM them to ask...
Ultor
Banded Mongoose

Postby Ultor » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Sure, no trouble. It was public domain material, anyway.
Still waiting for Games Workshop's contribution to Questworld

The Rune Under Water: an occasional Runequest blog http://runeunderwater.blogspot.com/
Dan True
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Dan True » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 pm

No problem. I can't really take credit for what I posted, as I only made a reference to it.

- Dan
Check out my RuneQuest 6 blog!. It now has an adventure idea generator :)

Author of the Eberron for Legend/MRQ2 conversion:
http://runequill.com/files/Eberron_Legend.pdf