Questions

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
Mugen
Banded Mongoose

Questions

Postby Mugen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:44 am

I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to combine more than one Wrack spell, such as Wrack (Heat) and Wrack (Darkness) to deal damage to 2 different locations each round ?

2) I'd like to use the Generic Hit Points system for Player Characters, but I don't know if it is a viable option. Does it make characters too fragile ?

3) In the Generic Hit Points system, what does Dazed and Stunned mean ?

4) I miss having opposed skill checks in combat rules, and I am considering giving 1 maneuver to the opponent with the highest roll in case where success levels are identical. What would be the impact on game balance ? Should I also give one more maneuver when success levels are different ?

Thanks in advance,
Mugen
Loz
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Re: Questions

Postby Loz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi Mugen,
1) Is it possible to combine more than one Wrack spell, such as Wrack (Heat) and Wrack (Darkness) to deal damage to 2 different locations each round ?
I see no reason why not, as long as the grimoire you're using has the different Wrack spells as part of its spells. This is one of sorcery's key strengths.
2) I'd like to use the Generic Hit Points system for Player Characters, but I don't know if it is a viable option. Does it make characters too fragile ?
It could do. You'd also need to look at how combat manoeuvres work too, as this may influence some choices.
3) In the Generic Hit Points system, what does Dazed and Stunned mean ?
These are states from the Critical Wounds system. The two conditions are referenced in the Critical Wounds table.
4) I miss having opposed skill checks in combat rules, and I am considering giving 1 maneuver to the opponent with the highest roll in case where success levels are identical. What would be the impact on game balance ? Should I also give one more maneuver when success levels are different ?
It will make CMs far more common in combat. By all means use Opposed Rolls, but be aware that granting CMs to a higher roll will increase the propensity for CMs to happen. Giving an additional CM when levels of success are different will also create a distinct imbalance: for example, characters who score a Crit over a failure would gain 3 CM and get to choose from the more serious CMs too. And 4 CMs against a fumble will lead to a greater propensity for grisly deaths...

Thanks in advance,
Mugen[/quote]
What am I supposed to say?
Where are the words to answer you,
When you talk that way?

Rush - Spindrift
Mugen
Banded Mongoose

Postby Mugen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 am

Thanks for your quick reply :)