Runequest 2?

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
zozotroll
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby zozotroll » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Maybe tablets. I do not think you could make real Dragon hide bend well enough for for a cover.
Blackyinkin
Banded Mongoose

Postby Blackyinkin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:29 am

Hi,

The final version of Sartar will be released before Thanks Giving, I have just finised the front cover, most of the interior art is now completed. Chimera Convention in France may well see a pre-release version presented by Jeff Richard, but the big release will be aimed at Thanks Giving.

Simon Bray
Art Director, Moon Design
Simon Bray
Art Director, Moon Design - Glorantha, Heroquest, Excellence.

Co-Editor of the Unspoken Word, the Magazine for Gloranthan Heroes and Heroquesters alike.
The King
Chief Mongoose
Location: City of Wonders, Valusia (before the major cataclysm)

Postby The King » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:18 am

Blackyinkin wrote:Hi,

The final version of Sartar will be released before Thanks Giving, I have just finised the front cover, most of the interior art is now completed. Chimera Convention in France may well see a pre-release version presented by Jeff Richard, but the big release will be aimed at Thanks Giving.

Simon Bray
Art Director, Moon Design
Do you include the Turkeys?
An American-style kitchen is a kitchen in the living room.
A French-style toilet has toilet in the living room.
My neighbours combine both styles.
Lord High Munchkin
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Location: Vancouver, where the rainbow ends/Oxford, occasionally, in an ivory tower

Postby Lord High Munchkin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:21 am

It that Canadian Thanksgiving, or US Thanksgiving?
The desire for a "definitive, ultimate answer" is, in fact, classified by modern psychiatric medicine as a mental illness.
vistikos
Stoat

MRQ II Book Binding

Postby vistikos » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:19 pm

RosenMcStern wrote:
The King wrote:
RosenMcStern wrote:But I expect the advanced rules to be at least in dragonnewt or even in dragon hide (dream dragon of course).
Dream Dragon? :shock: Don't even suggest this. Dream Dragon bodies disappear after their death - although several years after - so you would eventually have to rebuy the rules.
Get Zzabur's favourite Dronar Bookbinder to do the job - there's a binding that'll last... Presuming the book isn't bound using your own skin! :twisted:
vistikos
Stoat

MRQ II?

Postby vistikos » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:56 pm

Will the new edition included the RuneQuest Companion and RuneQuest Monsters as RQ Deluxe recently?
Mikko Leho
Banded Mongoose

Re: MRQ II?

Postby Mikko Leho » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:53 am

vistikos wrote:Will the new edition included the RuneQuest Companion and RuneQuest Monsters as RQ Deluxe recently?
Doubt it. The current Runequest Deluxe has 352 pages while Runequest 2 apparently has only 192 pages. Mind you that this is 72 pages more than in the basic rulebook so they are backing something extra. Also Mongoose has recently been trimming their signature page borders for more sensible layout.
Deleriad
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Deleriad » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:28 am

I would guess that if you added the magic chapters from the RQ Companion and some extra monsters from RQ Monsters that you would get somewhere around 196 pages. That ought to be enough to create a comprehensive core rulebook.
Ssendam
Stoat

Postby Ssendam » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:28 am

Mikko Leho wrote:
vistikos wrote:Will the new edition included the RuneQuest Companion and RuneQuest Monsters as RQ Deluxe recently?
Doubt it. The current Runequest Deluxe has 352 pages while Runequest 2 apparently has only 192 pages. Mind you that this is 72 pages more than in the basic rulebook so they are backing something extra. Also Mongoose has recently been trimming their signature page borders for more sensible layout.
How do you know all this stuff? Is there some news page I am not reading? :)
Mikko Leho
Banded Mongoose

Postby Mikko Leho » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:11 am

Ssendam wrote:How do you know all this stuff? Is there some news page I am not reading? :)
There was a link http://www.frpgames.com/new/cart.php?m= ... il&p=58792 posted previously on this thread.
Inspector Zero
Stoat

Postby Inspector Zero » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Mikko Leho wrote: Doubt it. The current Runequest Deluxe has 352 pages while Runequest 2 apparently has only 192 pages. Mind you that this is 72 pages more than in the basic rulebook so they are backing something extra. Also Mongoose has recently been trimming their signature page borders for more sensible layout.
As we're playing guessing games I'll hazard that the backgrounds and professions will be expanded, the magic chapter will be separated from an expanded cults chapter and more "generic" cults that fit with GF&C will be incorporated. I would doubt that all the content of RQ Companion, like the stuff on reputation, the mass warfare rules, exceptional items and so on making it into a core rulebook.

Obviously this could be 100% wrong. Would be interesting if Mongoose published a sneak peak of the contents page...
Ssendam
Stoat

Postby Ssendam » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:30 am

Inspector Zero wrote:
As we're playing guessing games I'll hazard that the backgrounds and professions will be expanded, the magic chapter will be separated from an expanded cults chapter and more "generic" cults that fit with GF&C will be incorporated. I would doubt that all the content of RQ Companion, like the stuff on reputation, the mass warfare rules, exceptional items and so on making it into a core rulebook.

Mass combat rules? I can't remember reading those, any good?
Inspector Zero wrote: Obviously this could be 100% wrong. Would be interesting if Mongoose published a sneak peak of the contents page...
Amen, come on Mongoose dangle some carrots! :)
Inspector Zero
Stoat

Postby Inspector Zero » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Ssendam wrote:
Inspector Zero wrote:

Mass combat rules? I can't remember reading those, any good?
Nope.
Vile
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Vile » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Will there be new SRDs for RuneQuest II?
SnowDog
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SnowDog » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:50 am

Although this won't make or break the game for me, I thought to pipe in about a thing that is a concern for me in the current edition.

I am talking about strength modifier for (melee) weapons. While it is kind of fun to have a modifier as a dice, I think that this applies only when it is a positive modifier :) Apart from the obvious anguish over penalties (but that's how things are and it is not my concern) I don't like how one of the dice is negative and other(s) is/are positive. It is a bit distracting and a clear minus in my books.

So, it would be cool to see this changed to a fixed number or something.
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."
steffworthington
Banded Mongoose

Postby steffworthington » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Will there be new SRDs for RuneQuest II?
Seconded. I need to know for a game that's being written as we speak..
Mugen
Banded Mongoose

Postby Mugen » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:36 am

SnowDog wrote:Although this won't make or break the game for me, I thought to pipe in about a thing that is a concern for me in the current edition.

I am talking about strength modifier for (melee) weapons. While it is kind of fun to have a modifier as a dice, I think that this applies only when it is a positive modifier :) Apart from the obvious anguish over penalties (but that's how things are and it is not my concern) I don't like how one of the dice is negative and other(s) is/are positive. It is a bit distracting and a clear minus in my books.

So, it would be cool to see this changed to a fixed number or something.
I suggest you use the following rule from Steve Perrin's Quest Rules :

"To derive the character's Damage Bonus , divide the sum of STR and SIZ by 5, rounding up, and subtract 4 from the result."
RosenMcStern
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby RosenMcStern » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:45 pm

MRQ damage modifiers are randomizations of the fixed figures of the RQ4 unpublished draft. You can use SP's method suggested above, or simply convert as follows (it is the same)

D2 -> 1
D4 -> 2
D6 -> 3
D8 -> 4
d10 -> 5
d12 -> 6
2d6 -> 7
etc...

It is almost the same, with the rolled value being half point higher than the fixed one at human average levels. For giants and trolls, I suggest using the rolled values.
SnowDog
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SnowDog » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Ok, thanks guys! Those make much more sense than just rolling the damage (at least for humans).
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."