bright shadows

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

bright shadows

Postby tarkhan bey » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:19 pm

I was disappointed to find that this book does not seem to have been released this week. Upon checking the release date, it has been changed from 17/09/07 to Sept07.
Is it going to be delayed for long or will it be available before the end of the month? Anyone know?
If it has been delayed, is there any chance of a preview? Go on, just a sneaky peek. :)
Swampy
Stoat

Postby Swampy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:49 pm

Well we normally get Mongoose books a week after they ship at my FLGS so even if it was shipped on the 17th it won't hit the shelves until next week. If you live over the pond it will most probably take longer so maybe week after next. If it is delayed don't worry to much some games can take alot longer than a few weeks to get out.
Rictus
Shrew

Re: Bright Shadows

Postby Rictus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:16 pm

I guess no one has noticed yet, but Bright Shadows seems to have slipped to next month according to the specs.
Neo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: bright shadows

Postby Neo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:00 pm

tarkhan bey wrote:Upon checking the release date, it has been changed from 17/09/07 to Sept07.
so its been changed from Sept 07...to Sept 07! the villains!!!!! lol :D

I doubt its any major hiccup as its been through playtest (and an enjoyable romp it was too), so maybe some last minute editing, or scheduling issues or whatnot.. either way i imagine it will appear soon enough.
Cpl. Mark "Neo" Howe MI68-94
http://www.neo73.plus.com/
MI Forward Reconnaissance, The Wolf Pack
Mongooses "Old Man" of Playtesting
completed playtests #130!
Gaming since 1980
gamesmeister
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby gamesmeister » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:06 am

Matt posted on another thread that this has been pushed back to October along with Dragonewts and the RQ Spellbook, simply because their printing workload is so heavy at the moment.

RQ Deluxe is shipping this week though.
tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby tarkhan bey » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Neo=Smartypants! :lol:

Yeah, I know that its the same month, but it was the first hint that there was going to be a delay in the release schedule. I love the Eternal Champion stuff and am on a much tighter budget since getting married. It is looking like a pile up of Mongoose releases. They may interfere with my prospective purchases from other companies(Solomon Kane and the Kislev sourcebook for WFRP). Something's gotta give(or at least wait).
Neo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Neo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:48 pm

tarkhan bey wrote:Neo=Smartypants! :lol:

Yeah, I know that its the same month, but it was the first hint that there was going to be a delay in the release schedule. I love the Eternal Champion stuff and am on a much tighter budget since getting married.
I cant help myself, its an impulse control problem lol

seriously though it will be well worth the wait, it is full of Melnibonean goodness and the isle of Imrryr is given a good shake and poke in aqll its various nooks and crannies.

Plenty of other Elric goodness coming up too i've been testing lately... i'd also take a moment to state Charles Greens work has been top notch so far, and we look forward to testing more from him, and recommend everyone to check out his work.
Gaming since 1980
toothill man
Warlord Mongoose

Postby toothill man » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:08 pm

thanks for the heads up neo have you also been testing hawkmoon and if so is that stuff as good as the first supplement 8)
Everybody here paints himself red and eats monkeys
Neo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Neo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:49 pm

toothill man wrote:thanks for the heads up neo have you also been testing hawkmoon and if so is that stuff as good as the first supplement 8)
I'm afraid i couldn't comment on the hawkmoon books toot, sadly when they came up for playtest we were busy testing other books for Mongoose so others had to take them on. Fortunately my groups been able to find space for most of the Elric related books and many of the generic RQ books to date though.

I do know a couple of the other groups are testing an upcoming hakwmoon release, though i cant recall if they tested the earlier ones, but if so maybe they could comment on the comparative quality of the books without giving anything away that would breach thier NDA's.
Gaming since 1980
toothill man
Warlord Mongoose

Postby toothill man » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 pm

its always worth a try neo 8)
Everybody here paints himself red and eats monkeys
FuryMaster
Mongoose

Postby FuryMaster » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:17 am

My group has tested all the Hawkmoon materials so far and all I can say is hold on to your seats, its all grade A+. My group generally sticks to the D20 stuff (Conan & Bab 5 in particular) and Hawkmoon was our first and only RQ experience thus far but it is growing on us...we love Hawkmoon all the way though and you guys will find the wait well worth it.

FM