New Books, Please?

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

New Books, Please?

Postby alex_greene » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:04 pm

I know that the fine boys and girls of Mongoose are up to their collective topknots with Traveller of late. But seriously, I want to see new Legend books.

Even *cough cough* my own.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
Olaus Petrus
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby Olaus Petrus » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:16 pm

I was kind of expecting something for the Christmas shopping season, because Matt said, back in July, that they had books planned for Legend. But it doesn't seem like anything is coming out.
auyl
Mongoose
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby auyl » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:17 pm

alex_greene wrote:I know that the fine boys and girls of Mongoose are up to their collective topknots with Traveller of late. But seriously, I want to see new Legend books.

Even *cough cough* my own.
I too would like to see more Legend books. Hopefully we can get a new one soon.
Check out Solace Games website here!
Check Solace Games out on Facebook here!
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby alex_greene » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:26 pm

I almost feel ashamed to go and ask because I already have one book in the oven. It'd sound like there was a personal interest.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
auyl
Mongoose
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby auyl » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:13 pm

alex_greene wrote:I almost feel ashamed to go and ask because I already have one book in the oven. It'd sound like there was a personal interest.
Not necessarily. My experience with Matt says that he's more than welcome to questions and will be honest about answers.
Check out Solace Games website here!
Check Solace Games out on Facebook here!
msprange
Site Admin
Posts: 14149
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby msprange » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:05 am

Hi guys!

We have perhaps half a dozen Legend books (including a seriously awesome one for Deus Vult!) all edited and waiting for their turn in the layout and art queue. Unfortunately, scheduling has not turned out as we had hoped earlier this year, and the guys are completely rammed with a combination of six Traveller core books and Paranoia.

I am constantly bugging them about squeezing a Legend book in, but they really are flat out right now.

I apologise, but all I can really day right now is that Legend has not been forgotten, we have several titles that are 'this' close to being completed, they will be worth waiting for, and we are trying to get to them as efficiently as we can!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby alex_greene » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:03 pm

msprange wrote:We have perhaps half a dozen Legend books (including a seriously awesome one for Deus Vult!) all edited and waiting for their turn in the layout and art queue. Unfortunately, scheduling has not turned out as we had hoped earlier this year, and the guys are completely rammed with a combination of six Traveller core books and Paranoia.

I am constantly bugging them about squeezing a Legend book in, but they really are flat out right now.

I apologise, but all I can really day right now is that Legend has not been forgotten, we have several titles that are 'this' close to being completed, they will be worth waiting for, and we are trying to get to them as efficiently as we can!
All good stuff. Thanks, Matthew.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
medievaladventures
Mongoose
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby medievaladventures » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:49 am

Could you tell us what the six books are about since they are already written?
Prime_Evil
Greater Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 1468
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:41 am

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby Prime_Evil » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:50 am

msprange wrote:I apologise, but all I can really day right now is that Legend has not been forgotten, we have several titles that are 'this' close to being completed, they will be worth waiting for, and we are trying to get to them as efficiently as we can!
That's the important message here.
Marlow Kurtz
Weasel
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:11 am

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby Marlow Kurtz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:56 am

Legend releases are like those daytrips to Portrush when I was a kid. Are we there yet? And after "they will be worth waiting for" now I expect a sugar mouse.
-Daniel-
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Burbank, CA

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby -Daniel- » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:02 am

Just curious, with so many people saying they want new books, but no one saying what they want to see in these books they want. So....

What do you hope these new books in the pipeline cover?
Marlow Kurtz
Weasel
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:11 am

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby Marlow Kurtz » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:14 am

I'd settle for a Xoth setting guide, campaign/AP, and occasional splats and one-off scenarios.
soltakss
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 1645
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:41 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Contact:

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby soltakss » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:46 pm

-Daniel- wrote:Just curious, with so many people saying they want new books, but no one saying what they want to see in these books they want. So....

What do you hope these new books in the pipeline cover?
There's not much point saying what you want books that are already written to cover.

Far better to say what you want for new books that haven't been written ...
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/index.html
http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
Alternate Earth: http://alternateearthrq.soltakss.com/index.html
alex_greene
Cosmic Mongoose
Posts: 3768
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:29 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby alex_greene » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:31 pm

soltakss wrote:Far better to say what you want for new books that haven't been written ...
Currently ongoing with writing something completely original for Legend, mostly to get away from all the Traveller activity, but I'd love to hear what original things people want ...

And that other one, where I hinted at the possibility of hypnosis rules? Already sent in. This is another project. And it's so close to finished already that I can smell the ending coming on.
Board moderator. Product List [DriveThruRPG]: Blood Path [Legend]; Cosmopolite [Traveller]; Castrobancla [Traveller]
-Daniel-
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Burbank, CA

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby -Daniel- » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:39 pm

soltakss wrote: There's not much point saying what you want books that are already written to cover.

Far better to say what you want for new books that haven't been written ...
Why call for new books without saying what you want? I figure there is no point in calling for new books unless you do want something. :|
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 am
Location: South Africa

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby warlock1971 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:53 am

I'd like to see quite a few things actually, the cults stuff Alex mentioned in a previous post, for one. :wink:

I second a Xoth setting book and more adventures, it is a natural fit for Legend.
Olaus Petrus
Banded Mongoose
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby Olaus Petrus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:11 am

-Daniel- wrote:Why call for new books without saying what you want? I figure there is no point in calling for new books unless you do want something. :|
I didn't mention what I wanted, because I already said it in the thread which we had in July about the same topic and didn't feel like repeating myself, because both the OP and Matt participated to that July thread.

But I'll answer to your question by quoting myself:
Olaus Petrus wrote:What I'm hoping the most are generic books, which I can easily adapt to Elric of Melniboné campaign setting or to my own one-off sword and sorcery settings.
If you want more specific answer, then I can say that I'm always happy to see more monsters, magic and items. Also any rule expansions are welcome, like for example expanded mass combat rules for armies and navies, which make it easier to play scenarios like Battle of Blackwater Bay from the Game of Thrones, where both naval and land units participate to the same battle.

What I don't need is stuff for elfs, dwarfs, orcs etc. because I don't use traditional Tolkienesque fantasy races in my settings. But I understand if there is demand for such material, because many people like to use them in their settings.
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 am
Location: South Africa

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby warlock1971 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:46 am

msprange wrote:Hi guys!

We have perhaps half a dozen Legend books (including a seriously awesome one for Deus Vult!) all edited and waiting for their turn in the layout and art queue. Unfortunately, scheduling has not turned out as we had hoped earlier this year, and the guys are completely rammed with a combination of six Traveller core books and Paranoia.

I am constantly bugging them about squeezing a Legend book in, but they really are flat out right now.

I apologise, but all I can really day right now is that Legend has not been forgotten, we have several titles that are 'this' close to being completed, they will be worth waiting for, and we are trying to get to them as efficiently as we can!
Any updates yet Matthew?
msprange
Site Admin
Posts: 14149
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby msprange » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:25 pm

warlock1971 wrote: Any updates yet Matthew?
Not this close to Christmas :) Still got some Traveller material to go through.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 am
Location: South Africa

Re: New Books, Please?

Postby warlock1971 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:39 am

Ready to update this post yet Matthew?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests