Forthcoming Scenario Book

Discover the Legend RPG, Mongoose's fantasy game.
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Forthcoming Scenario Book

Postby havercake lad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:49 pm

The RPG scenario book 'Bright Lights, Dark Waters' is hopefully being produced early this year. It is written for the Orbis Terrarum fantasy RPG, and the material is set in the city of Nostapyrax. I'm sure that people running other fantasy RP' systems, not least Legend, will find it useful.

Besides an appendix listing new talents, skills, equipment, spells and piece on adventuring underwater and fire fighting in cities it will include the following adventure pieces ~

Three Brothers, Three Paths
The request of a dying father sends the adventurers on a series of investigations throughout the streets and alleyways of Nostapyrax. Their quarry proves hard to find and soon recent deeds and old enmities attract danger.

Sunken Honour
Good pay is offered for helping to excavate treasure from the ruins of a Pelosian flagship that was sunk during the raid against the city two years ago. But the dead are rumoured to begrudge a disturbing of their rest and braving the deep waters of the bay soon proves to be a hazardous experience.

Night at the Gallery
As a mad vandal undertakes a night time crusade against the statues of the city, Melissa Onassi, a rich young widow, hires a competent band to protect the wondrous collection of objects she has gathered together in her gallery. Now, as midnight nears, stealthy figures flit towards the gallery...

You Only Die Thrice
A missing scribe of a Pelossian trading mission is sought amongst one of the most unwelcoming slums of the city. Just what is the importance attached by mysterious individuals to an insignificant clerk, and where and how will the trail end?

The Curse of the Wave Cutter
The last words of a dying man is believed to have doomed the attempts to build a trading vessel which was designed to become the fastest merchant ship of Uma’s seas and oceans. Is the shipyard truly haunted and what are the motives of the individuals taking a keen interest in the third attempts to build the ill-omened Wave Cutter?

Adventure Seeds
Mystery and danger abound in five scenarios which are presented to be developed and tailored to a campaign set in Nostapyrax. ‘Power Games’, ‘The Calloused Hand’, ‘Bones and Ashes’, ‘Tournament of Might’ and ‘the Mirror of Zilla Lars’ incorporate adventures ranging through different areas of the city and also add significant details about aspects of life in the City of Flame.
warlock1971
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: Forthcoming Scenario Book

Postby warlock1971 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:35 am

This looks really cool!
Carew
Stoat

Postby Carew » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:20 pm

is this an adventure book written for Legend? Or is it some other system with Legend conversion notes?
Carew
Stoat

Postby Carew » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:21 pm

and is there a url or link to a site for it?
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:47 pm

There is an Orbis Terrarum internet site and another on Face Book.

Converting the adventures to Legend should not be too hard, though some of the magic system of Heart's fire might need a bit of work.

The scenario book I am writing will have an appendix which lists new magic items, armour, weapon types, skills and cultural talents etc.

It will also have information on adventuring underwater and a piece describing how firefighting is conducted in some of the cities of Uma.

I might try Kickstarter to get more artwork, I'll keep you posted.
Carew
Stoat

Postby Carew » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Link for the internet site? I don't use farcebook.
Converting the adventures to Legend should not be too hard, though some of the magic system of Heart's fire might need a bit of work.

So this is its own system then? what has it in common with Legend? Is it 1d% clone? Is there a conversion guide?
The scenario book I am writing will have an appendix which lists new magic items, armour, weapon types, skills and cultural talents etc.
will these be statted for Legend too?
It will also have information on adventuring underwater and a piece describing how firefighting is conducted in some of the cities of Uma.
Like fire brigade stuff? Or gun fights? Is this city of Uma prone to arson or lots of drive by shootings? :)
Cool!
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Carew wrote:
Link for the internet site? I don't use farcebook.

http://www.orbisrpg.co.uk

(click the OT icon rather than the FB one)

So this is its own system then? what has it in common with Legend? Is it 1d% clone? Is there a conversion guide?

Ideally the two writers, Dan and Fifty are best answering this. It's fantasy and includes several magic systems. A lot of attention on culture and background, but no fixed classes, so similar to Legend/RQ that way. No character levels, skills and attributes/stats etc showing the experience. competence and training of a character.
will these be statted for Legend too?

No, but I am happy to correspond with people who buy the book, probably on the OT site. I've played RQ etc and have written published material for both Legend and RQ so I reckon have a decent grasp on how to achieve a workable converstion.
Like fire brigade stuff? Or gun fights? Is this city of Uma prone to arson or lots of drive by shootings? :)

Fires were potentially highly destructive to cities.
History provides fascinating examples of approaches to fighting urban fires..certainly Imperial Rome, the Japan of the Shogunate and the role of the Janassaries in Istanbul.
Cool!
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:14 pm

The scenarios should convert to Legend orRQ with a little work. The writers are producing a taster QuickStart book which includes a city based scenario set in Nostapyrax.
havercake lad
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby havercake lad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:04 am

Quick Start version is on drivethru on pay what you like. It also has a scenario, easily adapted to Legend.