Arabia of Legend?

General chat about Mongoose Publishing and its releases
Hopeless
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Arabia of Legend?

Postby Hopeless » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 am

It struck me that if you're going with Pirates of Legend and so on why not one based on the legends of say Sinbad?

How would that era be handled using the Legend core rules?
Hopeless
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: Arabia of Legend?

Postby Hopeless » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:09 am

Seriously noone interested in a Legend book on Sinbad or Aladdin perhaps even giving an accurate view of that era like they did with Vikings of Legend or Pirates of Legend after all they just mentioned in that Legend forum bit on swords about those in the desert setting wearing chain or scale and not plate armour so what else is different?

I tried running an Al-Quadim game using Gurps but they complained I gave one character too many spells that helped to survive in the desert (food type) so what else could be involved and how do they behave?

How would you run such a setting?
auyl
Mongoose

Postby auyl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Hopeless wrote:Seriously noone interested in a Legend book on Sinbad or Aladdin perhaps even giving an accurate view of that era like they did with Vikings of Legend or Pirates of Legend after all they just mentioned in that Legend forum bit on swords about those in the desert setting wearing chain or scale and not plate armour so what else is different?

I tried running an Al-Quadim game using Gurps but they complained I gave one character too many spells that helped to survive in the desert (food type) so what else could be involved and how do they behave?

How would you run such a setting?
I think an arabia setting would be nice to see. Who knows what they have in the pipeline however.
Check out Solace Games website here!
Check Solace Games out on Facebook here!
tarkhan bey
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby tarkhan bey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:59 am

An Arabian nights(style) setting for Legend would be excellent. Something like Al Qadim used to e for AD&D. :)
Hopeless
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Hopeless » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:56 am

tarkhan bey wrote:An Arabian nights(style) setting for Legend would be excellent. Something like Al Qadim used to e for AD&D. :)
Anyone remember the Seventh Voyage of Sinbad or the one where Tom Baker played the villain?
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby locarno24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:57 am

Ah...so many awesome Ray Harryhausen films...
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.
Hopeless
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Hopeless » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Its amazing I only noticed Kurt Christian was in two of the Sinbad movies just yesterday!

Still leaves me wondering how this would be handled if kept in the same vein as previous Legend supplements?
Kronos
Shrew

Postby Kronos » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:07 am

This is a great idea :D

A great setting for adventures.
pachristian
Stoat

Postby pachristian » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:07 pm

I'd buy it.

Phil Masters, who wrote GURPS Arabian Nights did an amazing job; maybe he could be contracted to produce a Legend version of similar stature.