Mongoose to support Pathfinder?

General chat about Mongoose Publishing and its releases
Dark Mistress
Stoat

Mongoose to support Pathfinder?

Postby Dark Mistress » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:08 am

Found this a upcoming product on the paizo site. But there is no real information about it there and I couldn't even find it listed here. Anyone know anything about it?

Campaign Overlay: Fantasy Firearms (PFRPG)
Mongoose Publishing

http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayin ... s&page=1#2
danbuter
Mongoose

Postby danbuter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:24 am

They have a ton of d20 products. I imagine it wouldn't take much tweaking to rerelease them for PF.
Dan
TrippyHippy
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby TrippyHippy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:04 pm

They established themselves with the D20 market, and it's clear that D&D itself is no longer a viable option for 3rd party support with the 4th edition. The next one in the equation would naturally be Pathfinder, I guess. The basic problem is that the old D20 market is now divided, although they have their own 'house systems' in Traveller and RuneQuest now too.
Outtasight!
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:02 am

We'll be covering this in the State of the Mongoose soon but while we will be concentrating on Traveller and RuneQuest, we will be dipping our toe in the water with Pathfinder next year.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
Dark Mistress
Stoat

Postby Dark Mistress » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Very cool, there is some of the the older D20 products I would love to see gone over and updated to Pathfinder.
Cavalorn
Weasel

Postby Cavalorn » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:22 pm

There was talk a while ago about the Drow War books being converted by Wildfire, as I recall.
mcathro
Shrew

Postby mcathro » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi all!

That product is from my company Skortched Urf' Studios, and is to be our first release as a member of the Mongoose Flaming Cobra imprint. It's set to hit the shelves in February and as the name implies deals with adding fantasy inspired firearms into your pathfinder game.

-Mark
Skortched Urf' Studios
www.skortchedurfstudios.com
TheAuldGrump
Mongoose

Postby TheAuldGrump » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:47 am

Coming late to the party - and ye gods and little fishes, has it really been that long since I last posted here? (Other than one or two about Spam....)

I would be quite happy to see several of the old D20/OGL books converted - the Quintessentals, and at least two of the Classic Play Books (Book of the Sea and Strongholds & Dynasties, in case anyone wondered.)

I also still think that the OGL Steampunk rules for Amazing Machines was excellent. (If only I could have convinced my players to try them - only one ever sat down with them. :( )

It does seem like Paizo is stepping into WotC's old, discarded, but still durable and comfortable shoes. I think WotC made a very bad decision, and it is nice to see that other companies, including Mongoose, are still releasing not only supplements but entire games under the OGL. I think it will not only bite WotC in the butt, it will start to chew....

The Auld Grump
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 am

I sinrely do not mean to hijack the thread, but I have been curious for some time now as to the nature of the D20 license, and the above post commenting on it not being viable intrigued me.

I am of the understanding that mongoose stopped doing Wraith Recon for D20, this also has me curious.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin

Postby MongooseMatt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 am

Hi guys,

We are releasing a few Pathfinder books this year - the first will be a set of hardbacks, the Van Graaf Journals, the first of which will cover... dragons!

We will also be introducing some alternative magic systems with the Librum Arcana series and after that... well, we'll see!
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
williamson
Cub

Postby williamson » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:13 am

danbuter wrote:They have a ton of d20 products. I imagine it wouldn't take much tweaking to rerelease them for PF.
Thank you very much this is a very nice information!. . .
Introduce to us language translator
Matian
Mongoose

Postby Matian » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 pm

May I suggest a different title? "Librum Arcana" series is psuedolatin of the worst kind. If you're looking for "Book(s) of Magic" you want:

Liber (sing.)/Libri (plur.) (Artis) Magicae (Lit. "the Book(s) of (the Arts of) Magic)

Liber Arcanus (Lit. "the Secret Book")

Or, you could use a more traditional Latin title:

de Arcanis Magicis (Lit. "(the Book) About Secret, Magic Things")

de Arte Arcanae / Magicae (Lit. "(the book) About Magic/Secrets")

"Arcanus-a-um" and "magicus-a-um" are adjectives and are of the group that cannot be used as substantives without a qualifier - in this case, "arts-artis". Without a qualifier, they mean a general "things" in the sense of the neuter plural.
There is a positive correlation between the amount of work I have to do and the amount I post on the forums.
tzunder
Stoat

Postby tzunder » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Matian, that is such a great little post. Thanks..
zalen
Shrew

Postby zalen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 pm

It is nice to see mongoose is getting their toes wet by getting into the Pathfinder system. I have a few books of Pf and i'm currently running "The Kingmaker" series with,...........well a bit of a "Fable 3 Twist".
Things like encountering bizarre stuff like armoured chickens walking in formation, using firearms (specifically the clockwork ones), players having weird magic coins appearing in their pockets after each encounter, yes i am using "The Road to Rule", and my players are enjoying themselves immensely.

They also enjoyed the use of "The Menagerie" and "Halo Ringworld Island fingy".

Anyway i would like to see the Essential Guide series done for PF, i managed to get The Dwarf one for "The game i don't mention" version 3.0. I wanted it primarily for the GUNS and the MINING rules, both of those do need adjustment for PF.

So thanks Matt!!

Damn! now all i need to do is Sell my Traveller stuff that i never got round to using, none of my players liked the XP system "Or lack thereof".

Anyone interested PM me!
Dark Mistress
Stoat

Postby Dark Mistress » Sat May 14, 2011 11:18 pm

msprange wrote:Hi guys,

We are releasing a few Pathfinder books this year - the first will be a set of hardbacks, the Van Graaf Journals, the first of which will cover... dragons!

We will also be introducing some alternative magic systems with the Librum Arcana series and after that... well, we'll see!
Kinda forgot about this thread, but thats cool to hear. That you are planning to test the Pathfinder water.
Morgan d'Barganfore
Mongoose

Postby Morgan d'Barganfore » Sun May 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Will Pathfinder be doing any material for your settings?
e.g. Deus Vult?
Dark Mistress
Stoat

Postby Dark Mistress » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:34 am

Well the first two Van Graaf Journals are up on paizo for preorder.
Morgan d'Barganfore
Mongoose

Postby Morgan d'Barganfore » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Ok, thanks. I'll wait and see on DV material..