Re: Low pricing at DriveThruRPG

General chat about Mongoose Publishing and its releases
mrobs2002
Shrew
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:28 pm

Re: Low pricing at DriveThruRPG

Postby mrobs2002 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi,

Just wondering why the original Battlefield Evolution is not at a reduced price at DriveThruRPG like all of the others?

Link

Edit: And why does my signature not showing up on this post? It does on the preview, but not when actually posted?

Thanks, Martyn
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:15 pm

If my recollections are correct, it wouldn't be the only Mongoose product that hasn't been price reduced.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
mrobs2002
Shrew
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:28 pm

Postby mrobs2002 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Ha, an update.

When I originally queried this, the book was listed at $17.47, with no discount.

So, I emailed DriveThruRPG about this, asking if it was intentional that the original Battlefield Evolution was not being included in the discount of all Mongoose products, or had just slipped through the net.

And now, it's being listed at $14.99 - a reduction from the "normal" price of $24.99!

I'm sorry, this is just not right - it was never at $24.99 and to claim that this is the price before the reduction is just blatant lying.

link

Hmmmm. I think that with shady practices such as this, I will not be ordering anything from DriveThruRPG.

Cheers, Martyn
rust
Chief Mongoose
Posts: 5941
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:17 pm
Location: Sonthofen / Germany

Postby rust » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 pm

mrobs2002 wrote:I'm sorry, this is just not right - it was never at $24.99 and to claim that this is the price before the reduction is just blatant lying.
DTRPG often uses the price of the print edition as the normal price, and
looking at Battlefield Evolution's price tag as a new print product on Ama-
zon Germany, the 24.99 USD do not seem far off.
MongooseMatt
Site Admin
Posts: 14873
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Postby MongooseMatt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:55 pm

mrobs2002 wrote: When I originally queried this, the book was listed at $17.47, with no discount.

So, I emailed DriveThruRPG about this, asking if it was intentional that the original Battlefield Evolution was not being included in the discount of all Mongoose products, or had just slipped through the net.

And now, it's being listed at $14.99 - a reduction from the "normal" price of $24.99!

I'm sorry, this is just not right - it was never at $24.99 and to claim that this is the price before the reduction is just blatant lying.
No blatant lying. The price of $17.47 assumed a retail price of $24.99 - this is consistent with the new reduction of $14.99.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
mrobs2002
Shrew
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:28 pm

Postby mrobs2002 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Sadly, I feel that I'm being lied to, and have made my decision to purchase or not accordingly.

YMMV.

Cheers, Martyn
MongooseMatt
Site Admin
Posts: 14873
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Postby MongooseMatt » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:12 pm

mrobs2002 wrote:Sadly, I feel that I'm being lied to, and have made my decision to purchase or not accordingly.
But... I have just confirmed you have not been lied to - and I am the one who sets the prices...
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
andyl
Stoat
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Postby andyl » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:41 pm

More importantly DTRPG does this for virtually every publisher.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests