Fight for that licence Mongoose!
Kyorou
Mongoose

Postby Kyorou » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:12 pm

I would buy it.
lt.harper
Banded Mongoose

Postby lt.harper » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:18 pm

you know you descuse it at the licens post at the general form, also i notes Yautja means preaditor.
"BUGS! BUGS!"
VirtualMachine
Shrew

Postby VirtualMachine » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:43 pm

I'd buy it.

I believe there was one in development that was killed when interplay sold off the majority of the Fallout rights - there are still coverscans and whatnot floating around.
A machine did win the war... one I used every time I had a particularly hard decision to make... Heads or Tails, Gentlemen?
MaxSteiner
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Location: Superman or Green Lantern ain't got a-nothin' on me

Postby MaxSteiner » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:42 am

Actually I just thought, Fallout ran on the GURPS system didn't it?
I remember because it was quite a big deal at the time.
So when you think about it, theres already a Fallout RPG, all we're missing is the sourcebook :D
Quark wrote:EGADS! When did MAX BECOME THE VOICE OF REASON AROUND HERE?! :shock: :lol:
Ray
Mongoose
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:14 am

They originally wanted to use GURPS, but something happened with that. Not sure what, and too tired to research it right now.

It uses it's own system, but is VERY RPG based, so it wouldn't be any real stretch to make it a Pencil and Paper RPG.

There *WAS* a fan-made one that got C&Ded recently, IIRC.

And, ya, I'd buy it. And Demo it as well! I loves me my Retro-Post Apocolyptic Games! :D
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum - Let him who wishes for peace prepare for war.
- Flavius Vegetius Renatus
---
Mongoose Infantry
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
MaxSteiner
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Location: Superman or Green Lantern ain't got a-nothin' on me

Postby MaxSteiner » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Aha you're right it's a cut down 'not GURPS' version of gurps :D
The stat bar was what confused me lol.
Quark wrote:EGADS! When did MAX BECOME THE VOICE OF REASON AROUND HERE?! :shock: :lol:
VirtualMachine
Shrew

Postby VirtualMachine » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Ray wrote:They originally wanted to use GURPS, but something happened with that. Not sure what, and too tired to research it right now.

It uses it's own system, but is VERY RPG based, so it wouldn't be any real stretch to make it a Pencil and Paper RPG.

There *WAS* a fan-made one that got C&Ded recently, IIRC.

And, ya, I'd buy it. And Demo it as well! I loves me my Retro-Post Apocolyptic Games! :D
There was an official pen & paper release as well - came on CD's in PDF format with marked copes of Fallout Tactics back in the day.

Also, here the info on the cancelled game, which used the d20 ogl:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Pen_and_Paper_d20
A machine did win the war... one I used every time I had a particularly hard decision to make... Heads or Tails, Gentlemen?
Rurik
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Rurik » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Ray wrote:They originally wanted to use GURPS, but something happened with that. Not sure what, and too tired to research it right now.
I'm pretty sure Interplay was going to be Gurps based.

Bethesda's is probably based on the Oblivion system. The Elder Scrolls series has always used a hybrid skills/levels system that to my knowledge has never been really duplicated in Pen and Paper.
I bought my Magic Sword at Zistorwal
SnowDog
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby SnowDog » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:52 am

Yes, I remember that it was supposed to run on GURPS because the main designer of FALLOUT was running it as a GURPS pen and paper RPG. For some reason the negotiations with SJG hit the wall and Intreplay had to create their own engine. I think it is some sort of bastard son of GURPS, AD&D and BRP. It uses percentile system with AC and apparently GURPS like stats and advantages. It might even use levels but I'm not sure if I remember that correctly.
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."
Blun-Tor the Hu-Man
Shrew

Postby Blun-Tor the Hu-Man » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:05 am

BUMPED FOR DESIRE
Axiom
Shrew

Postby Axiom » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:03 am

I second this... It would be even better if they used the RuneQuest OGL for this ;)