My top ten of games I want

General chat about Mongoose Publishing and its releases
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

My top ten of games I want

Postby Mage » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:03 pm

Reading over S&P30, specifically the 'If Wishes were Horses' article, I decided to post my top 10 of games I would like to see, and would like you to do the same, that is, of miniature games.

Here it is, and a bit long. I need to explain some of my ideas:

1. Dune (full scale combat game)

2. Gundam Wing (full scale combat game)
Think a space combat game, with massive starships, fighters, and mecha. The game
would focus mainly on mecha, where the ships would provide artillery support, be able to
take objectives, help with deployment, blockade, are hard as coffin nails, and can provide
ammo, repairs or reinforcments, not to mention release more troops or fighters.
Fighters would provide light firepower, numbers and high mobility.

3. Guyver
Guyver is a manga series created in the 70s, and needs explaining, and is not to be confused
with Richard Dean Anderson. Basically, a secret society called Chronos, for centures, has been
kidnapping and experimenting on people, turning them into freakishly hideos monstrous bio waepons.
Some are immensely stron, some have built in acid, or bio rockets, or bio lasers, and others
are more suited for aerial or water combat. These are called zoanoids, ruled over by the more
poweruful psychic zoalords, and hyper zoanoids fall somewhere in between. Hper Zoanoids are unique,
and have various abilities (Supers speed, fire breat, electricty, realy tough, etc.). Guyvers are
muc more strealmined and less horrific looking, and are fewer in number and ultra powerful. Throw these
in with rogue zoanoids, escaped experiments, rogue zoalords, and natoinal armies, and you got yourself
some fun.

4.A Final Fantasy game (full scale combat game)
This could make a good game with all the various setting in each game, and viable troops
types: crusaders, dragoons, dark knights, time mages, white maegs, black mages,
berserkers, thiefs, samurai, chocobo riders, summoners, summon monsters, SEED mercenaries,
armies of various kingdoms, airships, and all manner of madness!

5. Transformers (skirmish game)
Based on the upcoming movie, there would be 1 - 10 models aside,
preferably in the inquisitor scale. Battles can be anywhere. You can transoform,
ready, move, shoot, melle fight. Each transformers is higly detailed,
has all manner of build in equipment, systems and armour, and loads of hp
on each location. Think a better version of the inquisitor rulkes wiht more
streamlined rules, definable factions, and transforming robots.

6. Cthulhu Game (call and tech) (full scale combat game)
With this I either want to see a cthulhutech miniature combat game
or a cult combat game in the 1920s. Cultsits with axes, hammers, shotguns,
pistols, tommy guns, cult leaders, magic going everywhere, and summoned ickey
monsters unique to certain cults, used as either beasts of burden or living
aritllery, Imagine some sort of interdimensional monster cavalry, or a Gnoph keh
battering ram with a small deck on top, or a nasty serpent folk regminet.

7. Devil May Cry
Devil may cry is a video game franshicse. This would be a skirmish, where a few
highly trained and armed devil hunters kick the crap out of various different types
of demons in variuos locations: ruined towns, evacutated blocks, ancient temples,
areas between hell and earth, mysterious isands and combat zones. A fewpowerful
bruisers, say 2 - 8, a bucnh of various demons, a detailed rules set and inclusve
tile maps and we have a game like space hulk. There can be half demons, people
partially possessed, hard as nails military types, and demons human genetic experiments.

8. DC Wars Game
When I saw a justice league episode where the Thanagarians invaded Earth, I got the
idea for hit game. To start with, you could have four factions: the green lantern core,
Kryptonians, Thanagarians and EArth, and expand with the inhabitants of Apokolis and
various other organisatinos, races or empires. Fighting could take place in air or on
in exotic alien cities fulled with smoke and rubble, while massive ships above drop
munitions, supplies and troops.

9. Glorantha (full scale combat game)
10. Conan (full scale combat game)

For more on Guyver:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guyver

For more on Devil May Cry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_3
Magistus
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: My top ten of games I want

Postby Magistus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:53 pm

Mage wrote:3. Guyver
Guyver is a manga series created in the 70s, and needs explaining, and is not to be confused
with Richard Dean Anderson. Basically, a secret society called Chronos, for centures, has been
kidnapping and experimenting on people, turning them into freakishly hideos monstrous bio waepons.
Some are immensely stron, some have built in acid, or bio rockets, or bio lasers, and others
are more suited for aerial or water combat. These are called zoanoids, ruled over by the more
poweruful psychic zoalords, and hyper zoanoids fall somewhere in between. Hper Zoanoids are unique,
and have various abilities (Supers speed, fire breat, electricty, realy tough, etc.). Guyvers are
muc more strealmined and less horrific looking, and are fewer in number and ultra powerful. Throw these
in with rogue zoanoids, escaped experiments, rogue zoalords, and natoinal armies, and you got yourself
some fun.
And the movie had Mark Hamill as the main character and Jimmy Walker as a bad guy, very laughable movie.
soulman
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby soulman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:55 pm

I`m working on a jet fighter game based on Evo right now, with future space updates after watching yukikaze on dvd..
Then its one to one space fighter combat, then i was thinking of turning it into fighter wings against battleships etc.....

Also i have some ideas for mech evo too

:-)

Nice list by the way
lt.harper
Banded Mongoose

Postby lt.harper » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:22 am

I like the ideas, pluse i did menchen a transformers game a wiel back.
"BUGS! BUGS!"
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:48 pm

@Magistus
Mark Hamill was not the main character in that, he was a bit part detective. It was bad, but the manga, animated series, and sequel movie all rocked.

@Lt. Harper
There are several, threads for a transformers game, but it would probably never happen. Not enoughs sci fi fans or readers are into the animated side of things. Problem is WoTC being owned by hasbor, who basically own transformers over here. If anyone did it it would probably be WoTC

Here is a guyver:

operative 6678
Stoat

Postby operative 6678 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:52 pm

like the idea of a final fantasy game :D
shotgun-toting chipmunk
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby shotgun-toting chipmunk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:46 am

Well, I'm finally reading Dune for the first time (my only previous experience was the movie...NOT the one with Sting). I have to say, I think a game of that universe would be quite interesting.

I'd definitely play as Fremen :)
www.zupandevelopment.com
-------------------------------------------------------
"Lord I pray for the eyes of an eagle, the heart of a lion, and the balls of a combat helicopter pilot." -Fighter Pilot's Prayer
Kyorou
Mongoose

Postby Kyorou » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:21 am

I remember a Dune boardgame did in fact existed once, but I can't give any more details.
lt.harper
Banded Mongoose

Postby lt.harper » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:20 pm

odd, my local game store has it.
"BUGS! BUGS!"
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:49 am

It is probably an ancient out of productoin relic in that case. Pick it p and ebay it.
CARTMAG
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby CARTMAG » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:02 pm

well for the Guyver one Mutants and Masterminds would be perfect since for all intensive purposes it is a Superhero type game .. it is all there already.
in the immortal words of Socraties "I drank what?"
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:30 pm

You do know I mean miniature games right? Its own rules and factions and all?
Magistus
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Magistus » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:55 pm

Mage wrote:@Magistus
Mark Hamill was not the main character in that, he was a bit part detective. It was bad, but the manga, animated series, and sequel movie all rocked.
Sorry you are correct, it has been a long time since I have seen the movie and I tried to wipe most of it from my memory because it was so bad. :lol:
pasuuli
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby pasuuli » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:40 am

Dune would be nice to see.
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:34 am

It would, but the license is tied up, in a state of limbo if you will.