ABOUT MOORCOCK STUFF

General chat about Mongoose Publishing and its releases
AURIKALKO
Stoat

ABOUT MOORCOCK STUFF

Postby AURIKALKO » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:49 pm

Hello!

Would the new Elric/Hawkmoon stuff be compatible w/earlier Stormbringer/Hawkmoon (Chaosium) stuff?

Thanks
Aurik
Alko
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:13 pm

I think al the new stuff will not be d20 but may be the runequest % system. So they would not be 100% compatible, but there would be more than enough similarities to make it easier to convert.
MaxSteiner
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Location: Superman or Green Lantern ain't got a-nothin' on me

Postby MaxSteiner » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:19 pm

Huh Mongoose has got the rights to Hawkmoon?
I love that series, post apocalyptic fantasy rules :D
If they were to release minatures for that even I'd buy some! (Assuming they were fairly well done).

Have Chaosim lost the rights to Stormbringer or something????
Quark wrote:EGADS! When did MAX BECOME THE VOICE OF REASON AROUND HERE?! :shock: :lol:
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:31 pm

Dunno but they might have sold them off with their recent financial troubles.
MaxSteiner
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby MaxSteiner » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:59 pm

Man Im way out of date these days, I only found out they're killing off Captain America next month the other day :shock:
Quark wrote:EGADS! When did MAX BECOME THE VOICE OF REASON AROUND HERE?! :shock: :lol:
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:17 pm

What? In a comic, or the movie fel through?
MaxSteiner
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby MaxSteiner » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:27 pm

In the comic, apparantly he's getting shot as he leaves the court room (That civil war event ended rather lamely with him turning himself in...).
Last issue they were trying to get across that the America Cap represents inst really the US of today... Also the punisher was shown picking up caps mask from the floor at the end of the event... which might mean rather lamely, that he'll stand in for a while...

Films still go though, and his comic was winning alot of acclaim for the last story ark so I imagine it isnt for long, maybe he's gonna fake his death, pose as someone else for a while and come back in time for his movie... Or <Shudder> badly redesigned for a new millenium :(
MarkNorfolk
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby MarkNorfolk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:46 pm

Does he have a significant anniversary coming up soon. Seems that when a major comic character has one, they step down while a replacement comes in and then make a triumphant return in time for the 60th birthday/1000th issue special event.

Cheers
Mark
Mage
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Mage » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:15 pm

*Shudders thinking of USAgent*
AURIKALKO
Stoat

Postby AURIKALKO » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:55 am

Mage wrote:I think al the new stuff will not be d20 but may be the runequest % system. So they would not be 100% compatible, but there would be more than enough similarities to make it easier to convert.
Hellos!

Yes, since Runequest's original system's based in Chaosium's Basic Roleplaying System (from waaay back when)! Prob just minor stuff.

Looking forward to it!
Thanks
Aurik
Alko
weasel_fierce
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby weasel_fierce » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:00 pm

If Lankhmar is any indication, the rules will likely be very close to MRQ, with little change, so you will need a bit of conversion work, but not much at all.
looking for a free set of gritty, realistic'ish scifi wargame rules ?
http://www.freewebs.com/weaselfierce
Sabbak
Banded Mongoose

Postby Sabbak » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Any news about those books?

Will the hypothetical Elric/Hawkmoon (or only Elric?) supplement for the RQ system be published this year 2007?
Sadric 86th
Stoat

Postby Sadric 86th » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:38 pm

I'm so pumped that new Elric/Stormbringer material will exist in some fashion. It's my all time favorite fantasy setting. Does anybody know the release dates for the products?
Harlock
Weasel

Postby Harlock » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:20 am

This is another game I had interest in but never got into cause of financial concerns. Is good to see mongoose is keeping some of the old good stuff going again.
Tal
Banded Mongoose

Postby Tal » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:39 pm

Sadric 86th wrote:I'm so pumped that new Elric/Stormbringer material will exist in some fashion. It's my all time favorite fantasy setting. Does anybody know the release dates for the products?
Frpgames is showing a july preorder for "RQ Elric of melnibone- bright shadows of melnibone" on their website(Runequest page). There is even a short description. Don't know how accurate this is.
Rurik
Duck-Billed Mongoose

Postby Rurik » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:54 pm

If you click on the news banner about the release schedule at the top of the page there is this:
In June, we have more exciting books, included the fast becoming renowned Cthulhutech, and the Licence-That-Has-No-Name - regular visitors to our forums should know what we mean!
What the hell, you can click here too.
I bought my Magic Sword at Zistorwal
Sadric 86th
Stoat

Postby Sadric 86th » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:30 pm

June...damn, June is like, forever! :wink:

I'm very curious to see how Mongoose handles demon summoning and sorcery. I wonder how different it will be from the "Stormbringer" game?
hedgehog muncher
Cub

Hawkmoon / Elric figures

Postby hedgehog muncher » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:12 pm

Please please bring out decent figures for these. Hopefully nothing like the awful GW attempts. If you do I promise to be a good boy and buy lots and lots.