Warzone

General chat about Mongoose Publishing and its releases
emperorpenguin
Chief Mongoose

Postby emperorpenguin » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:22 am

msprange wrote:We have actually been offered this. However, the holders of the IP have another property we are far more interested in making a miniatures game of. . .
Assuming you mean FFG and LOTR not being it, hmmm could it be "A Game of Thrones" or "World of Warcraft" or "Marvel Heroes"?
Into the Fire: 4th place
Wheel of Fire: 9th place
Gaelcon 2006: 2nd place
brook
Banded Mongoose

Postby brook » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:34 pm

emperorpenguin wrote:
msprange wrote:We have actually been offered this. However, the holders of the IP have another property we are far more interested in making a miniatures game of. . .
Assuming you mean FFG and LOTR not being it, hmmm could it be "A Game of Thrones" or "World of Warcraft" or "Marvel Heroes"?
Paradox entertainment owns the rights to Game of Thrones, Warcraft or Marvel. Really? From its web site the company looks like a penny stock company that never made it above 5 cents. :shock:

I thought that this company did computer games and previously had a division that handled only Chronopia and Warzone (aka Target Games).
MaxSteiner
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Location: Superman or Green Lantern ain't got a-nothin' on me

Postby MaxSteiner » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:04 pm

They own the rights to Conan actually, and who knows what else, its pretty much an IP holding company...
Quark wrote:EGADS! When did MAX BECOME THE VOICE OF REASON AROUND HERE?! :shock: :lol:
xeoran
Banded Mongoose

Postby xeoran » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:52 pm

Conan then probably.
MaxSteiner
Duck-Billed Mongoose
Location: Superman or Green Lantern ain't got a-nothin' on me

Postby MaxSteiner » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:28 pm

Yeah thats what I thought, lol they must have made a bomb out of that aquisition, Conans gonna be big and the rights have sold pretty dang well from what I can tell :D
I wonder what the rights to Chronopia are going for, if someone redid the miniatures without the gigantic shoulder pads it might actually do well! (They were the main thing that put me off :D )
Quark wrote:EGADS! When did MAX BECOME THE VOICE OF REASON AROUND HERE?! :shock: :lol: