Pre-Paranoia Question

Paranoia is Fun. Other games are not Fun. Buy Paranoia.
Phyxius
Shrew

Pre-Paranoia Question

Postby Phyxius » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:08 pm

I am planning to run Pre-Paranoia and have a quick question on the characters. Is there any drawback to using Pre-gen characters from Mr Bubbles instead of making my own characters?

Thanks!

Phyxius
Allen Varney
Banded Mongoose

Re: Pre-Paranoia Question

Postby Allen Varney » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Phyxius wrote:I am planning to run Pre-Paranoia and have a quick question on the characters. Is there any drawback to using Pre-gen characters from Mr Bubbles instead of making my own characters?
I believe some of the "Mister Bubbles" character backgrounds include prior experience as Troubleshooters, but I don't have the text at hand. Just ask your players -- rather, imperiously order them -- to ignore any reference to prior experience.
-- Allen Varney
PARANOIA (2004 edition) writer and designer
Bundle of Holding: http://bundleofholding.com
Phyxius
Shrew

Re: Pre-Paranoia Question

Postby Phyxius » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Allen Varney wrote:
Phyxius wrote:I am planning to run Pre-Paranoia and have a quick question on the characters. Is there any drawback to using Pre-gen characters from Mr Bubbles instead of making my own characters?
I believe some of the "Mister Bubbles" character backgrounds include prior experience as Troubleshooters, but I don't have the text at hand. Just ask your players -- rather, imperiously order them -- to ignore any reference to prior experience.
Thank you! I went back to the XP version of Flashbacks and found the prep page. The Redux version did not include that. Now I have everything in place.

Thanks!!!