Paranoia Black Missions - Is my copy safe?

Paranoia is Fun. Other games are not Fun. Buy Paranoia.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Well I already don't have enough money for JD Trav, Fantasy Craft or Paranoia, barely keeping up with the Vanilla and 3I traveller releases in terms of budget. £30 on Paranoia might break me, and I have a wedding and a stag do to go to in the next fortnight.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
the_gioy
Shrew
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: O'faalon Mo. USA
Contact:

Postby the_gioy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Keep in mind they have the normal version of troubleshooters and that would suffuce.
Danforth
Mongoose
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:33 am
Location: GBR Sector

Postby Danforth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:12 am

the_gioy wrote:Keep in mind they have the normal version of troubleshooters and that would suffuce.
Ahhh, but that's only a saving of £5 over the limited edition, which comes bundled with all those lovely, lovely PDFs - which if purchased through drivethrurpg would set you back, what, £150? £200?. So really lastbesthope would be saving money by going for the limited edition - in fact, enough to pay for the stag night!

I could so be an economist :)
Clones are People II
the_gioy
Shrew
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: O'faalon Mo. USA
Contact:

Postby the_gioy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:54 pm

That is a great point.
the_gioy
Shrew
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: O'faalon Mo. USA
Contact:

Postby the_gioy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Danforth wrote:
the_gioy wrote:Keep in mind they have the normal version of troubleshooters and that would suffuce.
Ahhh, but that's only a saving of £5 over the limited edition, which comes bundled with all those lovely, lovely PDFs - which if purchased through drivethrurpg would set you back, what, £150? £200?. So really lastbesthope would be saving money by going for the limited edition - in fact, enough to pay for the stag night!

I could so be an economist :)
Great point
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:22 am

Danforth wrote:
the_gioy wrote:Keep in mind they have the normal version of troubleshooters and that would suffuce.
Ahhh, but that's only a saving of £5 over the limited edition, which comes bundled with all those lovely, lovely PDFs - which if purchased through drivethrurpg would set you back, what, £150? £200?. So really lastbesthope would be saving money by going for the limited edition - in fact, enough to pay for the stag night!

I could so be an economist :)
Indeed, if I'm going to buy it I really should buy the limited edition.

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
mungo
Cub
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm
Location: Oakland, Ca
Contact:

Postby mungo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Any update on shipping the pre-orders? Still looking for mine, and my FLGS no longer has their copy. Getting a bit twitchy.
lastbesthope
Executive Mongoose
Posts: 19697
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby lastbesthope » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:31 pm

lastbesthope wrote: Indeed, if I'm going to buy it I really should buy the limited edition.

LBH
Which I have now done, despite being unable to afford it
:lol:

LBH
I'll live forever, heaven won't let me in and hell's afraid I'll take over!!!

Mongoose Accolades
PaulB
Lesser Spotted Mongoose
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 8:26 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby PaulB » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:36 am

mungo wrote:Any update on shipping the pre-orders? Still looking for mine, and my FLGS no longer has their copy. Getting a bit twitchy.
I got my pre-order at the end of last week, but I live in the UK. I dare say, the extra distance to Canada will mean an extra (mandatory) period of (guaranteed 30% extra fun) waiting. Report to your daycycle duties as normal, citizen, and stop fretting (you are not cleared for fretting activities at your Security Clearance).
Marketeer and partner for the All Rolled Up gaming companion
Blogger on boreders
Author of numerous gaming supplements
mungo
Cub
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm
Location: Oakland, Ca
Contact:

Postby mungo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:14 pm

PaulB wrote:I got my pre-order at the end of last week, but I live in the UK. I dare say, the extra distance to Canada will mean an extra (mandatory) period of (guaranteed 30% extra fun) waiting. Report to your daycycle duties as normal, citizen, and stop fretting (you are not cleared for fretting activities at your Security Clearance).
Mine arrived over the weekend.

And I don't live in Canada.

As for the fretting, asking for an update isn't exactly pushing the boundaries of acceptable customer behavior. I wouldn't call it fretting.
Danforth
Mongoose
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:33 am
Location: GBR Sector

Postby Danforth » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:19 pm

mungo wrote:I don't live in Canada.
I suppose California / Canada is an easy mistake to make, even for Ultraviolets like Costin-U above. Both big... got trees in... log cabins. Although the Californian log cabins are made of plastic and are populated by friendly animatronics instead of being menaced by bears.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for tea with the Duke :)
As for the fretting, asking for an update isn't exactly pushing the boundaries of acceptable customer behavior. I wouldn't call it fretting.
Indeed. The flipside of these sorts of arrangements - forums and blogs that put us in touch with the creators and businessmen - is that they make you feel all the more cut off when you don't receive an answer. Maybe Mongoose should employ someone in Customer Care just to mod the forum full-time and answer such questions.

I'd do it. :)
Clones are People II

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest