Ok, I Relent, But Need Clarification

Paranoia is Fun. Other games are not Fun. Buy Paranoia.
PrinceYyrkoon
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Ok, I Relent, But Need Clarification

Postby PrinceYyrkoon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 am

Ok citizens.

I may have hastily said that I was disappointed with the way Mongoose have handled this new edition. I may have hastily said that, because of this, I wont be buying anymore Paranoia products from Mongoose. I may have.

Of course, this kind of statement has little basis in reality. When I looked again at that cool new cover, I thought, I just have to eat humble pie-like, and say 'I wants it!'.

But Im confused as to the organisation of this new edition. Quite badly confused. Maybe someone can help.

Am I right in thinking that the new limited edition thingy is just the Troubleshooters thing, but with bells on? (The equivalent of a £5 CD extra?). Is the normal Troubleshooter book softback or hardback? Is there an (accurate) llist of extras for the limited edition? It says, 'plus lots more', what does that refer to? Why is there news of another book or two of rules (high programmers or InSec book, whatever)? Isnt the troubleshooters book a complete ruleset? Is there repeated info in these other planned books? If there are extra rulesets, are they going to have limited versions as well? If I only buy the new screen, is it fully compatible with the old ruleset? Are there exclusive scenarios, either in the Troubleshooters books or the limited edition? Are they the same in both? Are there many new rules in the new edition? Or are there just some shuffling and little bits of extra thoughts, (the compatibility issue seems to support a tinkering of the rules, rather than a redo)?

Thanks for listening guys, hope someone can help. August is almost upon us, and it will help make up my mind whether I go for the limited edition (still on offer as a preorder), or the Troubleshooter book.
msprange
Site Admin

Re: Ok, I Relent, But Need Clarification

Postby msprange » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:29 pm

PrinceYyrkoon wrote: Am I right in thinking that the new limited edition thingy is just the Troubleshooters thing, but with bells on? (The equivalent of a £5 CD extra?). Is the normal Troubleshooter book softback or hardback? Is there an (accurate) llist of extras for the limited edition? It says, 'plus lots more', what does that refer to? Why is there news of another book or two of rules (high programmers or InSec book, whatever)? Isnt the troubleshooters book a complete ruleset? Is there repeated info in these other planned books? If there are extra rulesets, are they going to have limited versions as well? If I only buy the new screen, is it fully compatible with the old ruleset? Are there exclusive scenarios, either in the Troubleshooters books or the limited edition? Are they the same in both? Are there many new rules in the new edition? Or are there just some shuffling and little bits of extra thoughts, (the compatibility issue seems to support a tinkering of the rules, rather than a redo)?
Let's see if I can muddle through this :)

1. Black Missions _is_ Troubleshooters, but with a new (secret!) cover and a CD with extras.

2. All Paranoia rulebooks will be hardback.

3. We'll be making an announcement in the next day or two about the extras on the CD but, as a quickie, it includes a screen saver, 'quotes' from the Computer (as male or female), sound effects, and video interviews with some treacherous individuals. . .

4. Troubleshooters is a complete rules set, as are Int Sec and High Programmers. There will inevitably be some repeated rules between them, but they all have a very different focus.

5. The new screen will be _mostly_ compatible with the old edition. There have been a few tweaks.

As for the rest, look out for next month's S&P - there is a big Paranoia feature included.
Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
PrinceYyrkoon
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Re: Ok, I Relent, But Need Clarification

Postby PrinceYyrkoon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:41 pm

msprange wrote:
PrinceYyrkoon wrote: Am I right in thinking that the new limited edition thingy is just the Troubleshooters thing, but with bells on? (The equivalent of a £5 CD extra?). Is the normal Troubleshooter book softback or hardback? Is there an (accurate) llist of extras for the limited edition? It says, 'plus lots more', what does that refer to? Why is there news of another book or two of rules (high programmers or InSec book, whatever)? Isnt the troubleshooters book a complete ruleset? Is there repeated info in these other planned books? If there are extra rulesets, are they going to have limited versions as well? If I only buy the new screen, is it fully compatible with the old ruleset? Are there exclusive scenarios, either in the Troubleshooters books or the limited edition? Are they the same in both? Are there many new rules in the new edition? Or are there just some shuffling and little bits of extra thoughts, (the compatibility issue seems to support a tinkering of the rules, rather than a redo)?
Let's see if I can muddle through this :)

1. Black Missions _is_ Troubleshooters, but with a new (secret!) cover and a CD with extras.

2. All Paranoia rulebooks will be hardback.

3. We'll be making an announcement in the next day or two about the extras on the CD but, as a quickie, it includes a screen saver, 'quotes' from the Computer (as male or female), sound effects, and video interviews with some treacherous individuals. . .

4. Troubleshooters is a complete rules set, as are Int Sec and High Programmers. There will inevitably be some repeated rules between them, but they all have a very different focus.

5. The new screen will be _mostly_ compatible with the old edition. There have been a few tweaks.

As for the rest, look out for next month's S&P - there is a big Paranoia feature included.
Cheers Mr Matt! Thats a big help!