War on [insert noun here] errata/missing character

Paranoia is Fun. Other games are not Fun. Buy Paranoia.
Ker-R-ANG-1
Cub

War on [insert noun here] errata/missing character

Postby Ker-R-ANG-1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:11 pm

I recently picked up War on [Insert Noun Here] and noticed some errors in the book, including one of the 6 pre-generated characters being missing from the book. I did not see an errata document in the Free Downloads section, and I was planning to run this mission soon. Is this information available, or will I just have to wing it?
Mongoose Gar
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Mongoose Gar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:36 pm

I've not seen a printed copy of the book - which characters are included?
Ker-R-ANG-1
Cub

Postby Ker-R-ANG-1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:16 am

The printed copy I have has Monty-R, Francine-R, Rob-R, Ola-R, and Brannon-R, and there are some obvious errors on Francine and Rob. Some of the other characters backgrounds mention a Jonathan-R, who seems to be missing from the Pregenerated Characters section.
Mongoose Gar
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Mongoose Gar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:00 am

I'll see about getting an errata document up. In the meantime:

Code: Select all

Jonathan-R-OLC-1
Male Power Services Equipment Guy

Service firm: Cable-U-Rite 
Service firm type: Wire Length Assessment 
Security Clearance: RED
Credits: 500
Tic: Old and Cynical
Tic 2: __________________________________

Example of tic in use
Team Leader: Let’s go, team!
Jonathan-R: Bah. Let’s walk into the Commie ambush, you mean.
Team Leader: Are you in possession of vital mission information about enemy emplacements that you have not shared with the rest of the team, citizen?
Jonathan-R: No, I’m in possession of the vital mission information that you’ve led us into six ambushes already….sir.

Action Skills & Specialities
Management 10
	Con Games 14
	Intimidation 14
	Bootlicking 01
	Working The System (Where The System Is Power Services Bureaucracy Only) 16
Stealth 06
High Alert 10
	Security Systems 01
	Being At The Back Of The Team 12
Violence 04
	Energy Weapons 08
	Demolition 08
Agility 01
	Swinging Loose Power Cables Like Whips 10

Knowledge Skills & Specialities
Hardware 10
	Habitat Engineering 14
	Nuclear Engineering 01
	____________________ 16
Software 06
Operating Systems 10 (ILLEGAL)
Vehicle Programming 01
Power Monitoring 12
Wetware 04
	Biosciences 08
	Outdoor Life 01
	_____________________ 10
Open slots for narrow specialities: 2 (Hardware, Wetware)

Jonathan-R-OLC-1
Male Tech Services Equipment Guy

Mutation: X-Ray Vision 
Society: Anti-Mutant
Secret Skills: Power Studies 12, Comic Book Trivia 04, Twitchtalk 10

Background
Bah! You’d clawed your way up to BLUE clearance! You were a senior systems advisor in CPU, writing lots of directives and bossing lesser clones about. Then some filthy mutant planted evidence that you were skimming credits off the top, and you got transferred to Power Services and busted back down to RED clearance. It’s humiliating to fall from grace like this – it’s been twenty years since you had to share your quarters with another citizen (let alone a dozen of them, each with their own unique snore and unique stench) and eat slop in the common cafeteria (you can barely stomach Hot Fun any more, not with your stress ulcers – and the medication for those is GREEN…)

In short, you’re going insane by the daycycle. Worse, you’ve now been assigned to Troubleshooting duty. No-one gets assigned to Troubleshooting duty unless they’re utter screw-ups or have high-clearance enemies. Someone is out to get you!

At least you still have a few high-clearance contacts, who’ve spilled the dirt on your team. Monty-O is an idiot who parrots directives all the time. You wrote half those directives – they were intended to guide the mentally deficient in performing their duties. Rob-R, the Happiness Officer, is an IntSec spy. Ola-R is a Sierra Club member, and IntSec know it. It’s likely she’s been turned.

Secret Society Instructions
You are a member of the Anti-Mutant Society. Well, more a lapsed member, really – you didn’t have time to bash mutie skulls when you were attending high-clearance parties. Now, the society wants you to make up for lost time. You are to arrange for the beating of at least five mutants over the course of your next mission – and if you don’t make this quota, then you’ll be the one getting beaten.

Brannon-R has been reported to be a mutant – a super-strong one, though, which may make beating him up a bit tricky.

Personal Equipment
(2) BLUE Laser barrels
(1) Bar of real chocolate (BLUE-clearance)
Souvenir BLUE jetboots

Assigned Equipment
Laser pistol body (no barrel)
(2) RED Laser barrels
Red Reflec Armour
Series 1300 PDC
Toolkit
Ker-R-ANG-1
Cub

Postby Ker-R-ANG-1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks MG, that will get the job done for now.