Question regarding new interactive screen

Paranoia is Fun. Other games are not Fun. Buy Paranoia.
Muggi
Cub

Question regarding new interactive screen

Postby Muggi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 am

Hello everyone

As some of you might already have experienced, the new edition of Paranoia is being sent out to kickstarters (and to people who were quick enough to snap a copy on the mongose shop when it was avalible for a brief period of time). One of the things I've gotten is the new interactive GM screen, simply due to the fact that I like the idea of including the screen as part of the actual game.
But I'm slightly confused in regards to the instructions included with the interactive screen. Essentially, when someone plays an action card, they can put it on one of several spaces on the screen. Each space on the screen does a different thing, as described in the "instructions". Now, there are two columns for each space on the interactive board, called "control pressed / not pressed", each listing a thing that will happen to the player with a card on that spot, depending on whether control is pressed or not. I just don't think I understand what the instructions mean by "control"; when does somebody press control or not? Is it in regards to succeding a NODE check? As in, if the player succeds at their roll, do they "press control"? I feel like it isin't made entirely clear what is meant by control at all.

Thanks for reading my rambling, and thanks in advance for anyone able and willing to help clear this up for me.

Regards
Muggi
Shai
Cub

Re: Question regarding new interactive screen

Postby Shai » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 am

The "control" is a space in the seconds clutter of spaces for cards from the left of the screen (above the "help" space on the right). If someone placed a card on that space you use the right column ("control is pressed"). If not, you use the other column (control is not pressed")
Muggi
Cub

Re: Question regarding new interactive screen

Postby Muggi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Ahh, thanks. I will check that out when I get home. That makes some sense though!