The All New Paranoia - Pre-Order Now!

Paranoia is Fun. Other games are not Fun. Buy Paranoia.
msprange
Site Admin

The All New Paranoia - Pre-Order Now!

Postby msprange » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Greetings, loyal Citizen! You now have the chance to join the infamous ranks of the Troubleshooters!

The extra-loyal Kickstarter backers for the new Paranoia are starting to receive their copies through the post this month, but the Computer is always happy to feed more Troubleshooters into the grinder (promote to loyal service of Alpha Complex).

Completely rebuilt from the ground up, Paranoia is the classic RPG of a darkly humorous future, rebooted for a humorously dark present. All-new mechanics include a simple yet brilliant character-generation system, a bluffing-based card-driven combat system that encourages creativity, clever moves and lying, a special Computer Dice which means even the simplest interaction can become hilariously fatal, in-game XP point rewards, and more advice to GMs than you can shake a stick at. Three single-session adventures introduce you painlessly to the new mechanics and background, and are designed to be played straight out of the box.

Everything is the same but everything is different.

You look worried, citizen. Relax! It’s still Paranoia. The year is still 214. You still have six clones and a laser pistol. The Computer is still your friend.

You can stake a claim on your own copy right here: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/paranoia.html

Matthew Sprange

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com
locarno24
Cosmic Mongoose

Re: The All New Paranoia - Pre-Order Now!

Postby locarno24 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:56 am

ahem [clears throat]

Celebration:

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
(Note, the above exclamation of happiness may be above your security clearance. Please do not read it. If you have already read it, please report for termination.)

Sorry. Been looking forward to this for a long time. Will get my pre-order placed forthwith.
Can't wait; I've only run a few sessions of Paranoia before (because for some reason elevated blood pressure, brain-melting confusion, breath-taking in-character ineptitude and a general all-pervasive miasma of mistrust and fear seems to make players want to make paranoia a more 'occasional' thing :mrgreen: ) but every single one has been hilarious and incredibly enjoyable (especially to GM).

Question:
I'm assuming the starter set is a physical product (due to cards and dice!) - are the others physical products or print-off licenses (I'm primarily thinking about the 'forms pack' here - I believe I see an "accidental termination reporting" form in there and anticipate using rather a lot of those......)

Observation:
Three single-session adventures introduce you painlessly to the new mechanics and background
I assume we're not speaking about the player's characters here. If we were, I would suspect the statement of not being entirely accurate for paranoia.
Understand that I'm not advocating violence.
I'm just saying that it's highly effective and I strongly recommend using it.