Prop Ideas

Paranoia is Fun. Other games are not Fun. Buy Paranoia.
coffeefueled
Cub

Prop Ideas

Postby coffeefueled » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:58 am

I like to have my players worrying about extra things, so hand out props for various reasons. It's gone well so far, and I've started doing some for bonus duty as well.

Everyone gets a Hello, my name is sticker (I have a regularly changing player base, it makes it much easier to remember names)
Smiley happy treason star stickers
Bonus duty cards go on lanyards along with the No. 1 card
A big box of different coloured dice - there's a conspiracy among those who've played with me before not to warn new players about rolling dice above their security clearance

Science Officer - gets a pump bottle of hand sanitiser (which is quite nice to have at a table with snacks, drinks, etc anyway)
Happiness Officer - a small pillbox of sugar pills/sweets
Combat Officer - I'm struggling to find the right prop here, but currently using batteries as extra power packs (for weapon use only of course, any other use would be treasonous, the equipment officer's spare power packs are identical apart from a small UV mark I've put on them for my own reference), power packs are somewhat volatile when being shot at so carrying spares is not recommended for health
Equipment Officer - see above on the power packs
Loyalty Officer - currently gets a pack of smiley face stickers and a pack of frowny face stickers which they can pass out
Team Leader - nothing

Does anyone else use props?
ShadowofLords
Cub

Re: Prop Ideas

Postby ShadowofLords » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:28 pm

One thing I'm planning on doing is actually using the player's handbook as a prop. They suggest this in one of the books, but my plan is that if they need to look up something in the book, the are only allowed to look at the book. They have to hold it in front of their face, and the game continues. This is because the book is Alphapedia, and Alphapedia functions like an annoyingly large popup in their visual system.

The only way to look away from the book is to close the popup and therefore close the book. There is no bookmarking. This should help keep the game flowing when players decide they want to look up the rules... they'll learn quickly, I hope.