Will there be another Call to Arms?

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
Rick
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: Will there be another Call to Arms?

Postby Rick » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Sadly, I don't really think even ACTA Star Fleet will last long. There has been nothing new from ADB since 1.2 and they don't seem to be willing or able to promote their game beyond a select few diehard ADB fans. If they had actively promoted the game and released snippets of new information/ships beyond their own little fan base it might have been a much bigger game and widely played - I think that bringing it completely in house and then treating it like Star Fleet Battles may have been a huge and costly mistake by ADB in the long run. Mongoose have had a wider audience and actively promote their games which, if the original agreement had been kept, would have been much better for ADB than this. I am very, very disappointed at what has happened and I simply don't think ACTA Star Fleet can survive it.
"Understanding is a 3-edged sword" bit like a toblerone, really.
Jean
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Jean » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Well, we are hard at work on the deluxe version of ACTASF. You probably haven't heard that Steve Cole had surgery for cancer; the pretests and recovery took several months. I then had a series of tests and surgery that led to a diagnosis of cancer, too. In an unrelated thing, I developed an infection around my lungs that spread to my blood. I flat-lined twice in the hospital and stayed there two week, (2.5 days of that in ICU). I am still not back at work full time and am not allowed to drive yet. Steve and I do continue to gain strength daily and are spending more time working on all of our product lines, which need attention, too. I'm trying to catch up on a backlog of two months of work.

That said, ACTASF still sells steadily on DTRPG/Wargame Vault. The agreement between ADB and Mongoose is still in force. I anticipate that the game will continue to thrive.
Jean
---
ADB, Inc. RPG Line Editor
Rick
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Jean, I am sorry for your and Steve's illnesses, please accept my best wishes for a full recovery and pass the same onto Steve, if you will. Obviously, not being aware of what happened gave me the wrong impression of what was happening with ACTA StarFleet and Traveller Prime Directive, for which I apologise - but I also hope you understand that my error was quite natural, under the circumstances. I always look forward to hearing news about these 2 products but I'd rather hear about both of your recoveries BEFORE hearing that you've gone back to work full time!
"Understanding is a 3-edged sword" bit like a toblerone, really.
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Reynard » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:06 pm

I have the revised rule set for ACTA:ST on PDF and they did a good job. Might want to check it out if you're a Star Trek fan. I'm still waiting for the hardback but a PDF works well for now.
Bellicose
Stoat

Postby Bellicose » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:48 am

Best wishes for you and Steve.
alexiy
Cub

Postby alexiy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:28 am

Spike1382 wrote:With Nobel Armada moving to another publisher and Star Fleet under development at Amarillo, will there be a new A Call to Arms setting? Traveller? A new, original setting? Another license? Let Star Fleet be the flag ship brand for a while and wait for a better time? What do you think? What would you prefer?
Yes, I hope.
Billy Joel is awesome country artist. Check Billy Joel tour if you want to get a ticket.
Jean
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Jean » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks everyone! Steve and I appreciate it. :)
Jean
---
Jean
Lesser Spotted Mongoose

Postby Jean » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Check out the revision topic and you'll find we have released the deluxe edition! (I am doing the happy dance!)
Jean
---
Rikki Tikki Traveller
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Rikki Tikki Traveller » Fri May 27, 2016 7:35 pm

alexiy wrote:
Spike1382 wrote:With Nobel Armada moving to another publisher and Star Fleet under development at Amarillo, will there be a new A Call to Arms setting? Traveller? A new, original setting? Another license? Let Star Fleet be the flag ship brand for a while and wait for a better time? What do you think? What would you prefer?
Yes, I hope.
I hope they come up with an ACTA Fifth Frontier War for Traveller...
This could then be expanded into other warzones during the 3rd Imperium timeline (earlier Frontier wars, Solomani Rim War, Julian War etc.) as well as letting players set up battles between the Major Races of the Official Traveller Setting.
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.