Template for the moviment

Discuss Mongoose miniatures game here, including Mighty Armies, Gangs of Mega-City One, and Battlefield Evolution.
majestic012
Cub

Template for the moviment

Postby majestic012 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi, I'm new here; so.......... I'll start with the usual newbie questions.

The first question is:

1) Does it exist a template for the movement? Someone has made one homemade?

2) In consideration that the base of the pedestal is circular don't you think the turning rate of the ship is approssimative?
AdrianH
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Re: Template for the moviment

Postby AdrianH » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:06 pm

First I'll need to ask you a question back. Which version of A Call To Arms are you playing?

Movement templates may not work very well. Ships don't need to move to their maximum speed and don't need to turn the full 45 degrees. (And if you're playing anything other than Star Fleet Universe, different ships have different maximum speeds.)

I mark my bases with lines crossed at 90 degrees, dividing the bases into the four firing arcs and making it easier to turn the ship accurately. If you're playing Star Fleet Universe, someone will soon be along offering you stickers for your bases which do the same job and look prettier doing it.
Smiert Spam
Reynard
Cosmic Mongoose

Postby Reynard » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Movement is a ruler, 18" is the most you need to mark most straight line ship moves. Our couple games with the new rules and even the old game were somewhat casual with eyeballing turns of 45 or 90 degrees or anything between.

"When making a final turn at the end of the Movement Phase, the player may declare that he is “lining up” the ship (or one of its firing arc borders) on a given target."

That's in the section for Turns. Shows we're not being dead accurate. Our ship bases already have marks for each 90 degree mark. There are templates for marking bases too. I consider knowing firing arcs important so there's no big dispute and those allow you to look down and fairly accurately estimate turns too.
billclo
Greater Spotted Mongoose

Postby billclo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:54 am

AdrianH wrote:If you're playing Star Fleet Universe, someone will soon be along offering you stickers for your bases which do the same job and look prettier doing it.
That would be moi. :D I sell them, and if you private mail me, I can provide more info.